Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Sign Dyson

vegeta613

Originally posted by Om

Leadership, leadership, leadership.

Says here that the Redskins receiving corps is going to shock a WHOLE lot of people this year. Guys are going to be where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be there. They're going to know the game plan and execute within it. They're going to give consistent effort, both on and off the field.

Add the Cooley factor underneath to the speed of Moss, the potential break-out of Taylor Jacobs, the experience and leadership of guys like Patten, Thrash and Dyson, and THEN throw in the Gibbs year-two schematic impact (oh, you don't have to believe me now, just be sure to remember where you heard it come, say, late October :) ) ... and this group is going to suddenly become something much larger than the sum of its parts.

This signing is a breath of fresh air after the last few days.

whohoo...I love it...Ramsey is gonna be a machine gun back there in the shotgun just pelting them down the field.....straight to the playoffs.

I like what Gibbs is doing. Bring in the players who have the "know how" and are hungry. I think after being hurt and labeled as a lost cause for San Diego he will have a little something to prove here. Even if that only pushes the guys in front of him, it still is making the redskins a better team! I think too much is being made of us having "too many" #2-#5 wideouts. Id rather mix and match a combination of 4-5 guys then have a team gameplan around the #1 and #2, putting the pressure on a thin unit. I pity the poor nickleback who has to deal with jacobs, patten, dyson, mccants, etc....:2cents:

Great signing. We need guys that bring in a winning attitude and experience to the locker room. If he's got nothing left he'll be cut, no real harm done. I like out WR situation more and more, it may not be flashy but it's not 50/50 & The Toe anymore either.

GO SKINS!!!:point2sky

Originally posted by ntotoro

Gotta' admit I didn't see this one coming, not by a longshot.

Nick

Who did?

Everything has been about Seantay lately.

Nice to have a new topic for a change.:notworthy

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

I think he will fight for a roster spot against McCants.

Fight for roster spot? With McCants? His special teams play alone will get him McCants spot. He could easily push for playing time, unlike McCants who can't even push himself in practice. McCants has talent, Dyson has the goods. This signing signals the end of not just 50/50, but D-Mac as well. :2cents:

Originally posted by Destino

Great signing. We need guys that bring in a winning attitude and experience to the locker room. If he's got nothing left he'll be cut, no real harm done. I like out WR situation more and more, it may not be flashy but it's not 50/50 & The Toe anymore either.

GO SKINS!!!:point2sky

I agree.

We have competition at all the other spots. the very least this will do is push everyone harder.

If this doesn't push McCants, nothing will.

Originally posted by burritopunk

I'm sure if Gibbs signed him, he saw something in him...

Let's all just forget about the Brunell incident :titansuck

As a Titans fan as well as Skins fan I find that sign offensive. Anyway I'm glad to see Dyson back on a team I was shocked when the Chargers cut him but I think he'll contribute something to the Skins be it pushing the other WRs to do better and not get beaten out by him or making the team and contributing his experience to the younger WRs like everyone has said. So if he doesn't make the team nothing bad happens from that unless they gave him a huge SB or some unrealistically(sp?) large contract. Good luck to Dyson. :cheers: :point2sky

Archived