Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "All Things Sean Taylor" Thread - (MERGED 34X)

Originally posted by scruffylookin

So he's accused of only pointing the weapon but not firing it? Legal experts out there, does that reduce the penalty?

Somewhere in this monster of a thread the 10-20-Life mandatory Florida sentencing policy is described. 10 years for commiting a felony with a gun, 20 if the gun is fired, 25-life if you shoot someone.

Originally posted by GIBBS LIVES

I don't need " the best safety ever" to win a SB. That's my point also.

Was John Lynch the best safety ever? Was Woodson (Ravens SB safety) the best safety ever?

You don't need a superstud at safety to win a SB. So taking a safety 5th overall was a waste.

SEAN TAYLOR WILL NOT BE ON THIS TEAM WHEN WE WIN ANOTHER SB!

And I doubt if Arrington will either. These two guys are premodonna players that only upset and keep the team off balance. These are selfish players that only think of themselves.

Taylor will price himself right out of DC soon enough. Write it down.

You may not need the best safety in football to win the SB but having him certainly would'nt hurt your chances in getting there or winning it. Also, you seem to already know that we are not going to the SB this season. You stated that "SEAN TAYLOR WILL NOT BE ON THIS TEAM WHEN WE WIN ANOTHER SB"! Well, odds are, Sean Taylor will still be on this team this season and so will Arrington. Given the fact that our defense was #3 in the league last season, even without players like, Bowen, Arrington, Daniels and Barrow...with these players returning, you can only summize that the defense will be even better this season. In addition, our offense really cant get any worse;) than when we had Brunell in there. We now have Ramsey at the helm and a few new acqusitions to boot. So, along with some beefed up special teams, this team as a whole could possibly shoot a hole in your capitalized statement.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

Don't wag your finger at me, I did a what if, same as you. Except Taylor's actually been charged, and they haven't.

Come on bubba, I'm losing faith in you with this line of reasoning.

The finger wag was a joke...no offense meant

That line of reasoning is common sense stuff that any pre law student would ask himself... it is based on human nature. I am not saying it is proof positive that he's innoscent, but it does raise a little flag.... maybe he is stupid as a coal bucket, but he knew how to handle the DUI arrest, and came out innoscent. People are less likely to take foolish risks if they have a better understanding of what can happen if everything goes wrong.

Originally posted by bubba9497

That line of reasoning is common sense stuff that any pre law student would ask himself... it is based on human nature. I am not saying it is proof positive that innoscent, but it does raise a little flag.... maybe he is stupid as a coal bucket, but he knew how to handle the DUI arrest, and came out innoscent.

The vast majority of criminals know what they're doing is wrong. They do it anyways. I don't see how that could ever raise a flag.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

The vast majority of criminals know what they're doing is wrong. They do it anyways. I don't see how that could ever raise a flag.

Knowing they are doing wrong, is different than understanding the penalty for doing wrong. Most people here didn't know that waving a gun is 10 years in florida... but I bet he knew

With this mega merging, it's hard to tell when new news comes out...sorry if this has been posted already.

According to a police report, Taylor and a co-defendant, Charles Caughman, 19, of Baltimore, drove up to a residence in a blue 2005 GMC Yukon Denali truck and Taylor pointed a gun at two individuals he believed had stolen two all-terrain vehicles from him and demanded they be returned. No shots were fired and Taylor and Caughman left the scene before returning 10 minutes later.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/05/AR2005060500742.html

At this point, police say Taylor, whom the team lists as 6-foot-3, 230 pounds, exited the vehicle and began assaulting one victim, swinging and missing with a closed fist before a fight ensued. Caughman, who was arrested and charged with aggravated assault on the night of the incident, chased the other victim with a baseball bat before he and Taylor fled the scene, according to the police report. The incident took place less than two miles from Taylor's residence in Miami.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

So if someone who has a "regular job" gets convicted of a felony, do they get banned from their profession?

I work for the Dept of Corrections here in IL and when one catches any type of felony here in IL the state will dismiss you and never hire you back. There has to be be some sort of accountability for one's actions. IMO, it's hard to catch a felony. I don't know why people catch it over and over again.

Can we have a "pinned" and "locked" thread with Sean Taylor's status on it from the news articles? That way nobody can post in it. It will just be a readable update that everyone can see without having to wade through hundreds of posts.

Originally posted by TheSteve

Can we have a "pinned" and "locked" thread with Sean Taylor's status on it from the news articles? That way nobody can post in it. It will just be a readable update that everyone can see without having to wade through hundreds of posts.

That is a great idea. A just news post. Although You might be able to find just the articles in the Breaking News Forum

Originally posted by Sebowski

That is a great idea. A just news post. Although You might be able to find just the articles in the Breaking News Forum

But don't you understand? I'm too lazy to go through and switch forums. It's not enough for me to be served, I want to be spoonfed.:)

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

We could put a pretty darn good all-Felony team together. Think it deserves a new thread? Start with:

RB: Jamal Lewis

WR: Rae Carruth

LB: Ray Lewis

S: Sean Taylor

You forgot a couple.

WR: Michael Irvin.

OG: Nate Newton. :doh:

Originally posted by GIBBS LIVES

I don't need " the best safety ever" to win a SB. That's my point also.

Was John Lynch the best safety ever? Was Woodson (Ravens SB safety) the best safety ever?

You don't need a superstud at safety to win a SB. So taking a safety 5th overall was a waste.

SEAN TAYLOR WILL NOT BE ON THIS TEAM WHEN WE WIN ANOTHER SB!

And I doubt if Arrington will either. These two guys are premodonna players that only upset and keep the team off balance. These are selfish players that only think of themselves.

Taylor will price himself right out of DC soon enough. Write it down.

That is a ridiculous argument. I guess you don't need any stars at any position to win the Super Bowl.

Ravens did it with Dilfer, so QB is out.

Bucs did it with MeShawn, so WR is out.

Pats did it with Antwan Smith, so RB is out.

Rams did it with no D, so all D spots are out.

Hard to find a Super Bowl winner with a bad Kicker though......hmmmmm. Maybe we should have taken Nugent at #9 this year :laugh:

Originally posted by TheSteve

But don't you understand? I'm too lazy to go through and switch forums. It's not enough for me to be served, I want to be spoonfed.:)

Yeah, and they don't all make it over there. This latest one about him out on a bond isn't there.

Originally posted by Sebowski

That is a ridiculous argument. I guess you don't need any stars at any position to win the Super Bowl.

Ravens did it with Dilfer, so QB is out.

Bucs did it with MeShawn, so WR is out.

Pats did it with Antwan Smith, so RB is out.

Rams did it with no D, so all D spots are out.

Hard to find a Super Bowl winner with a bad Kicker though......hmmmmm. Maybe we should have taken Nugent at #9 this year :laugh:

:laugh:

:cheers:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

So if someone who has a "regular job" gets convicted of a felony, do they get banned from their profession?

I use the word profession very loosely......but there are various certifications that you will not entitled to if you are convicted of a felony.

For instance you can't hold a CPA license with a felony conviction.....I'm not sure but I think this is also the case with BAR certificates to practice as a lawyer.

Now this doesn't mean that you can't work as an accountant or work for a law firm, but it does mean that you can't be labeled a CPA or lawyer.

Also, it is unlikely that many employers would hire you with a felony record.

Originally posted by The Wicked Wop

I use the word profession very loosely......but there are various certifications that you will not entitled to if you are convicted of a felony.

For instance you can't hold a CPA license with a felony conviction.....I'm not sure but I think this is also the case with BAR certificates to practice as a lawyer.

Now this doesn't mean that you can't work as an accountant or work for a law firm, but it does mean that you can't be labeled a CPA or lawyer.

Yep.

Depending on the felony, but 999 out of 1000 times, a felony conviction while being a licensed attorney will get you disbarred for life (or at least a long-term suspension).

Likewise, a felony conviction will most likely prevent you from being able to take the bar exam period.

He just said that Sean Taylor will still be a Redskin and that he may be suspended for a couple games.

There was no mention of possible jail time.

He also said that ST will not be able to get the new contract that he wanted.

Archived