Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official "All Things Sean Taylor" Thread - (MERGED 34X)

Big IF all,

But if Taylor has pissed off the Skins enough (and or has court, jail time to serve) and loses his starting job......

Who will get his spot?

Ryan Clark

Andre Lott

Pierson Prioleau

Other???? (Mcquarters maybe???)

I'm guessing eith Clark or Lott since both have played well in spots.

I hate to be posting on a thread like this when there is nothing but speculation at the moment, but the truth is if it came down to this the fact of the matter is that Lott started the season last year.

Originally posted by bhayesp

I hate to be posting on a thread like this when there is nothing but speculation at the moment, but the truth is if it came down to this the fact of the matter is that Lott started the season last year.

That's why I said BIG IF, however.......

Gibbs and Williams have to be unhappy with Taylor, I mean he doesn't even call the Skins to say "Hey, I'm burned out I need a break," or " I deserve a new contract!!!"; yet he (or somebody representing him) contacts somebody in the Skins org. to say "Hey, now with Smoot gone I want to be #21, no wait...#36.....no wait #21".

I think he's going to have to earn his job again......

Originally posted by mookie0720

Nobody. He's going to play this year.

Exactly! Thats why I didn't vote. And for people saying that he has held out for money - SHOW ME A FREAKIN LINK!!!! This place is to share opinions, not to assume and start leading on other people that what you are "assuming" is true.

HTTR!!!

Originally posted by dreamshatterer

And for people saying that he has held out for money - SHOW ME A FREAKIN LINK!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2062608

This is an Associated Press article. The third paragraph reads:

Taylor has stayed away from the team's offseason program because he wants a new contract. He signed a seven-year, $18 million deal as the No. 5 overall draft pick last year.

And from the comments of Rosenhaus, I think you could assume he wants a new contract. Glad to know you think he just wants an "extended vacation" and that his legal problems are just going to disappear!!

Originally posted by 3CardMonte

2 dead people in Atlanta and Ray Lewis is still playing for the Ravens.....no one hurt in this incident. Not only will Taylor play he will play well.

3Card

Yeah they got wifebeaters, murderers, and crack pushers over there in B-more... wheres all their bad pub?:laugh:

He walked from a DUI arrest everyone thought he would go down for because he refused the sobriety test.

We are obviously dealing with a seasoned criminal. He may be a 2nd year NFL player, but is a veteran at the legal system. He will be on the field against Chicago.

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

He walked from a DUI arrest everyone thought he would go down for because he refused the sobriety test.

We are obviously dealing with a seasoned criminal. He may be a 2nd year NFL player, but is a veteran at the legal system. He will be on the field against Chicago.

:laugh:

:doh:

We got ourselves a certified thug in Sean Taylor

Originally posted by SoCalSkins

:laugh: :rotflmao: Grossman picked by taylor for the second time! i can hear it now

Taylor will be on the field for the Skins. He's in a little trouble again, but this will pass. If Taylor was an actual suspect for something, the police wouldn't give him time to turn himself in. They'd just go get him. He'll play.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Predictably, the front page of this forum is filling up with threads about Taylor, most of which could and should probably be posted withing existing threads about Taylor. In the interest of keeping the discussion focused AND keeping the front page of our main forum from same-topic overload, we're going to start merging Taylor threads here.

And we're also asking that before posters decide to start yet another new thread commenting on some aspect of the same story, maybe they'll just consider putting it in THIS thread instead so their fellow members can one-stop shop instead of going station to station all day. There's a reason malls were invented, you know.

Shukran.

With that, we give you the mega-merged All Things Sean Taylor Thread.

-- Extremeskins.com Staff

Teams already include "no dangerous activity" clauses. Why not "no arrest" or the team has the option to ask for part/all of your signing bonus?

Of course if you're a player likely to be arrested over the life of the contract, you'll strongly object during contract negotiations.

Archived