Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Original Nintendo

Spaceman Spiff

I went out today and bought Mario 1, Bionic commando and top gun, all for 9 bucks. I submit to you all that after Ninja Gaiden, Top Gun is the 2nd hardest NES game of all time. I also submit that out of all the game systems that have come about NES games, simple as they are, are still the hardest.

Feel free to opine. Also offer up any favorite NES games, moments or accomplishments that you have.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

I went out today and bought Mario 1, Bionic commando and top gun, all for 9 bucks. I submit to you all that after Ninja Gaiden, Top Gun is the 2nd hardest NES game of all time. I also submit that out of all the game systems that have come about NES games, simple as they are, are still the hardest.

Feel free to opine. Also offer up any favorite NES games, moments or accomplishments that you have.

Ninja Gaiden is a very hard game, but, there is a way to get about 100 extra guys and easily accumulate energy to fight the 3 bosses at the end.

I thought Castlevainia (sp.) the original was pretty hard or the Friday the 13th game......

Originally posted by Om

surgeon.jpg

"Last week, Japanese scientists explaced.... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Curt Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally."

I still have the original NES hooked up in my house (for the record, I'm a SEGA fanboy, and I own the original Sega Master system & EVERY game for it)

As for the NES, I have, and still play. Super Mario 3, Rygar, Final Fantasy, Blades of Steel, Mike tysons Punch Out, Double Dribble (of hubble hibble, as the stellar NES voice said), and of course, the greatest game of all time, TECMO BOWL.......

Originally posted by richard saunders

Kid Icarus was like R. Kelly at recess

Don't hate on kid Icarus! I used to like that game. But no NES discussion is complete without mentioning zelda, metroid, and duck hunter.

Originally posted by Destino

Don't hate on kid Icarus! I used to like that game. But no NES discussion is complete without mentioning zelda, metroid, and duck hunter.

I love Icarus too! I was just commenting on how "hard" the game was.

Ever notice the graphic similarities in Icarus and Metroid? I wonder if they were made by the same company.

This is funny, because I was just thinking about buying one of these on ebay...

f5_1.JPG

I have all the games with an emulator, but somehow it is just not the same.

I hear that you can get usb NES controllers that are retrofitted to work on a computer.

anyone remember masterblaster? i used to hate when you see the box and the game looks so badass and when you play it its like pixellated city.

nes games were so difficult for 1 of 3 reasons. #1 you couldn't pause the game so you basically had to beat the game in one sitting. #2 there were no save points or continues #3 the game expects you to be able to channel the game designers or buy nintendo power to be to know the obscure trick to getting past a baddie or level.

Originally posted by Joe Sick

This is funny, because I was just thinking about buying one of these on ebay...

f5_1.JPG

I have all the games with an emulator, but somehow it is just not the same.

I hear that you can get usb NES controllers that are retrofitted to work on a computer.

that's waaaay too busy...i wouldn't even know what that thing is for.

Originally posted by Pharmaceutical Redskin

Anyone ever play Little League World Series for NES? That game was sweet.

Yes! Especially the cut screens after home runs...the high five train:laugh:

Remember Legends of Baseball? I think that's what it was called....but, you could paly with Ruth/Mantle/...etc. against the pink girls team.

Archived