Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One good reason to not get rid of the OBC

jbooma

There will be about 10 openings this year for HC positions. Do you think any of the good candidates will come here and work for Synder???? NO

Spurrier would be still be the best coach we can get. When will some of you wake up and realize that???

If we get rid of Spurrier next year will be worse.

Snyder's image in regards to prospective NFL head coaches has faced scrutiny prior to Spurrier's arrival so to believe that candidates are not already cautious of "the potential" of working with Snyder, isn't exactly befitting of reality.

If we got Ralph Freigen, that would be huge...figuratively and literally.

I would take Dave McGinnis if the Cards fired him--he got that team to play hard consistently. I mean, can anyone name an above average player on that team? Leonard Davis?

I agree with Jbooma. Let Spurrier cut his own throat so that when he quits, we can (hopefully) get a coach with a clue.

No way anybody decent would come here if we fire yet another coach. I think the Danfather knows this.

Please God, let him know this.

Originally posted by GGB81

Spurrier's "throw it to a spot" offense is counter-intuitive to what all QBs are taught at the college level--ie reading the defense. It is possible that Patrick could blossum in another more conventional system.

Reading a defense is the KEY to Spurrier's offense. Reading a defense is something that Ramsey has struggled at but TH has thrived at.

The difference in Spurrier's offense (and Ernie Zampese's) is that the qb and wr are looking for holes in the defense that the routes create and a WCO offense has a progression of WR1, WR2, WR3 and so on...

Originally posted by codeorama

Reading a defense is the KEY to Spurrier's offense. Reading a defense is something that Ramsey has struggled at but TH has thrived at.

The difference in Spurrier's offense (and Ernie Zampese's) is that the qb and wr are looking for holes in the defense that the routes create and a WCO offense has a progression of WR1, WR2, WR3 and so on...

I disagree. Ramsey read coverages well. You may remember Jaworski, Salisbury, Aikman, Theismann, in the early part of the year commenting on how well Ramsey picked up the open reciever. Until he obviously got injured, screwed up his mechanics and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Patrick did have trouble picking up the blitz. Which was evident when he got sacked one billion times. There is no reason to believe, however, that one more good offseason of studying won't fix his weakness. The old ballcoach is still a great QB coach regardless of what all yall think of him. Let's see how the offense runs under Patrick next year before we bring all out changes and jump out of the boat.

Originally posted by Dan T.

Something else to consider. I think our biggest asset next year is Patrick Ramsey. Canning Spurrier will be a setback to Patrick's progress.

Oh yeah. We all some Patrick Ramsey blossom this year with all those hits. Ramsey will never complete a full season in this system.

Spurrier has everything to do with Ramsey's success as a pro.

He was quoted after the Titans game last year saying "Sh!t... I didn't know he could do that."

He's got a great handle on things.

Well Die Hard, considering Hasselbacks play with the exception of last week....i think Spurrier is great at tutoring yound QB's (and Hasselback seems pretty pleased to be working in the system). Another thing with Ramsey last year against the Titan's is that Ramsey showed very little to the coach to let him think he could do that. I mean he missed pretty much all of training camp and Spurrier was working with his guys to try and get as many wins as he could.

jbooma wrote

<quote>There will be about 10 openings this year for HC positions. Do you think any of the good candidates will come here and work for Synder???? NO </quote>

As history has shown: "When money talks .. " even Marty Schottenheimer comes to work for Snyder; and he was (and probably stil is) considered a good coach for many.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Oh yeah. We all some Patrick Ramsey blossom this year with all those hits. Ramsey will never complete a full season in this system.

Well Tim is playing the same system but is not getting sacked ;)

If Ramsey wouldn't think to much and try not to make the big play every play he would be okay. He has to learn to get rid of the ball faster.

Originally posted by jbooma

Well Tim is playing the same system but is not getting sacked ;)

If Ramsey wouldn't think to much and try not to make the big play every play he would be okay. He has to learn to get rid of the ball faster.

How many times does it need to be said that the Redskins offense under Hasselbeck is NOT the F'n'G.

It's been said by Spurrier and Parcells. They've scaled back the offense considerably.

There seems to be a lot of "I like Spurrier, so he must be good" going around. It comes from the same people that say every person in the media hates the Redskins.

I get really embarassed for people when they write that stuff.

This is the salary cap era...continuity is a luxury, to say the least. It is a win now league. When you sh*t the bed in back to back years (after making fun of other coaches for working too hard in your initial press conferences), you don't get a third.

Originally posted by Die Hard

How many times does it need to be said that the Redskins offense under Hasselbeck is NOT the F'n'G.

It's been said by Spurrier and Parcells. They've scaled back the offense considerably.

But it is still Spurrier he prepares the QB. Yesterday we saw the FNG.

Archived