Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This thread is for all things "DC" except for "Arrow, The Flash" tv series. They have their own separate threads.

Continued from here http://es.redskins.com/topic/374111-mtv-justice-league-rumors-wonder-woman-the-flash-to-join-batman-vs-superman-plus-green-arrow-batgirl-and-nightwing-are-all-rumored-for-man/page-7

Click to read the rest

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/32359/20150212/will-smith-and-margot-robbie-talk-suicide-squad-tom-hardy-leaving-shouldnt-be-cause-for-concern.htm

Will Smith And Margot Robbie Talk 'Suicide Squad': Tom Hardy Leaving Shouldn't Be Cause For Concern

Will Smith and Margot Robbie are both set to appear in the Warner Bros. and DC filmSuicide Squad. Smith will play Deadshot while Robbie will bring Harley Quinn to life for the first time on the big screen.

Both actors were promoting the new film Focus, but the USA Today interviewer could not shy away from asking questions aboutSuicide Squad. The film is set for a theater release in August 2016, six months afterBatman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

One of the biggest problems facing Suicide Squad right now is the inability of director David Ayer to find a replacement for Tom Hardy, who was originally brought on to play Rick Flag.

From what we've come to understand, Hardy left due to changes in his schedule, and it has caused many fans to wonder if filming would ever continue.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Here we go again.....

Click to read the rest

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58783

YOUR GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING DC COMICS' "CONVERGENCE" TIMELINES

This spring, DC Comics will put its entire line on hold to release 40 miniseries as part of their newest event, “Convergence.” Each week beginning in April, DC will release ten titles set during and starring characters from the previous eras of their superhero publishing history including the Pre-Crisis, Pre-Zero Hour and Pre-New 52 timelines. Each week will also feature characters from other universes in DC continuity.

As you can tell from that description, there is a lot going on during “Convergence.” So to make things simpler we combed through the solicitations, promos and information DC has released in order to break the event down to its basic components: the three core timelines involved with a brief look at the significance behind each weekly title included in “Convergence.” Keep in mind this is based on information currently available and some speculation as we won’t really know every detail until the event launches in April.

With that out of the way, let’s talk “Convergence” from the returning fan favorite characters to the vital alternate reality events and beyond!

What’s Crisis, Zero Hour and Flashpoint?

The three periods of time DC tapped for this event are the company’s three big reboots: 1985’s “Crisis On Infinite Earths,” 1994’s “Zero Hour: Crisis In Time” and 2011’s “Flashpoint” (also known as the New 52 relaunch).

Before 1985, DC dealt with continuity problems in two ways. The first was to ignore them. The second was to turn them into alternate worlds; this way DC could wave away issues as happening on alternate Earths, freeing them to do whatever they wanted. For example, World War II heroes the Justice Society of America got spun off into Earth-Two. This explained how young heroes in the 1960s could have fought in WWII (it was a different Earth version of that hero!) and why relaunched Silver Age characters looked nothing like the Golden Age originals.

http://www.thewrap.com/joel-kinnaman-eyed-to-replace-tom-hardy-in-wbs-suicide-squad/  

Joel Kinnaman to Replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in WB’s ‘Suicide Squad’

Joel Kinnaman will replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in Warner Bros.’ comic book adaptation “Suicide Squad,” multiple individuals with knowledge of the project have told TheWrap.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while representatives for Kinnaman did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Hardy was forced to exit the project due to scheduling issues with Alejandro González Iñárritu’s “The Revenant,” which is currently in production, as well as upcoming promotional duties for WB’s “Mad Max: Fury Road,” which comes out on May 15. “Suicide Squad” is expected to start production in April.

Agency sources tell TheWrap that Kinnaman is in negotiations for the coveted role of Flagg, who is the leader of a group of supervillains known as the Suicide Squad.

Director David Ayer also flirted with the idea of casting his “End of Watch” star Jake Gyllenhaal in the role of Flagg, but that deal ultimately didn’t come together.

“Suicide Squad” is set to co-star Will Smith as Batman villain Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevigne as Enchantress and Jared Leto as The Joker, as first reported by TheWrap. Meanwhile, Viola Davis is in negotiations to play Amanda Waller and Jesse Eisenberg is in talks to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=115766&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Even though Viola Davis previously confirmed that talks were taking place, she wasn't sure that her schedule would allow for her to accept the role of Amanda "the Wall" Waller in David Ayer's Suicide Squad -- but now the Oscar nominated actress has made it official. eTalk caught up with Davis at the Academy Awards the other night, and asked her outright if she was heading to Toronto this Summer to shoot the movie. Initially seeming a bit hesitant to give a definitive answer, her husband does it for her, after which she acquiesces and admits that "yes", she's gonna play Waller in Suicide Squad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.blastr.com/2015-3-2/dean-cain-and-helen-slater-cast-upcoming-supergirl-show

Dean Cain and Helen Slater cast in upcoming Supergirl show

Supergirl has yet to air a single episode, but we're already excited about the CBS series about a female superhero who has to learn to use her powers after disguising them for half of her life. But fans of the DC Comics character now have another reason to tune in: super-casting.

The upcoming show will be tipping its hat to former Superman-based movies/TV shows by casting former Supergirl Helen Slater (who starred in the 1984 movie Supergirl) and ex-Superman Dean Cain (who starred in the 1993-1997 TV show Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman).

DC Comics isn't revealing who Slater and Cain will be playing, but considering star Melissa Benoist was tapped a little over a month ago, it seems as if CBS is still casting major roles—leading us to speculate that Slater and Cain will be making more than brief cameos.

I just finished catching up with Arrow and the Flash... Arrow is pretty good... has the CW Cheese feel but still fun stuff. Flash has improved from the first few episodes and the Reverse Flash is pretty awesome... cant wait to see where that goes.

I am not a comics guy at all but love the animated shows - Superman, justice league... but don't know many of the 2nd tier heroes. Suicide Squad looks interesting... but I have been waiting for Superman/Batman - Justice League since I watched the Superfriends in the 70's...

I do think it is approaching superhero overload in general now... too many shows and movies...

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=117973&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If you thought having the likes of The Joker, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Steve Trevor in the same movie was already huge enough, think again! Another major casting addition has been made to Suicide Squad today with The Wrap reporting that Lost and Pompeii star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje will play Killer Croc, a monstrous member of Batman's rogues gallery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just whelmed on the bvs trailer. After the SW that was a big letdown.

Show something.

It's still over a year away. I liked it just because I got to see a little of the buildup and conversation about Superman being threatening and too powerful. Also liked the ending showdown. That is going to be an all-timer of a scene. They better not screw it up after how long people have waited for that showdown. 

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jared-leto-joker-suicide-squad-1201479627/

After teasing Jared Leto’s look in Warner Bros. upcoming DC pic “Suicide Squad” for weeks, director David Ayer has now released the first official photo of Leto in his full Joker makeup.

CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

CAN'T WAIT!!

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2

I have to say, I love that take on the Joker, at least visually. The tattoos are a great touch. I'm on board.

I don't know if any of the new DC movies are going to be any good. I have my doubts. I don't care about any of the heroes except Batman and Superman. I really enjoyed Man of Steel so I just hope they can crank out a couple more good movies with Bats and Supes.

I've never cared for Batman being in the justice league or any shared universe with aliens and stuff either. I think it trivializes his character and just mKes him useless.

• Like 1

Task Force X assembled and ready. #SuicideSquad

From left to right:

Slipknot (Adam Beach), Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), Enchantress (Cara Delevingne), Katana (Karen Fukuhara), Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman), Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Deadshot (Will Smith), Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje), and El Diablo (Jay Hernandez).

• Like 1