Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Id rather have a guy who could work the middle of the field like Landry or Robinson. 

We already have that type of player in the offense. I understand what you would rather have but it doesn't make a lot of sense.Landry is not an outside WR in the NFL, he is a slot WR that will play inside. Robinson is a beast in RAC but hasn't shown to be a great vertical threat. Redskins have NO VERTICAL threats that dictate to a defense. The closest one is Robinson but he's on the smaller side and won't make plays vs tight coverage deep. 

If you had to throw a ball 50 yards downfield what would you rather throw to? A trash can aka Smaller WR's like Robinson OR a construction dumpster aka big, tall, WR's with a BIG catch radius ? 

Think of Robert at Baylor.. Garcon is like K.Wright but Robert doesn't have a T.Williams or J.Gordon as a vertical threat. 

It's important to remember a WR core needs to compliment one another, not all be the same type of player. 

I'm just saying if they didn't do it in college it will be hard to expect it out of them right away in the pros. I just see it hard justifying taking Bryant at a spot where starting caliber players will be available.

He did the things in college that he would be asked to do as a rookie. 

Telvin Smith starts growing on me.

You should get that checked out by a dermatologist.

... let Telvin just run free ...

Lavonte David wasn´t that big comming out of college either...that worked out pretty good.

m

Listed from the official weigh-in measurements of the Senior Bowl.    

Height                                               Arm                     Hand       Wing

A.  72.500 inches = 6.041667 Feet (6'0" ½)       31 1/8 in = 31.125 in            8 ½ in               76 ¾

B.  74.875 inches = 6.23958   Feet (6'2" ⅞)       32 ¾ in = 32.75   in           10½ in               79

Weight

A.                                225

B.                                218

combine:

40-yd dash  |  10-yd  |  20-yd  |    20-SS    |    3-Cone    |     Vert     |       Broad       |       BP

A.        4.65 s                1.63 s           X               4.22 s                7.28 s              36.5 in         9 ft 11" (119 in)         19 reps

B.        4.52 s                1.53 s           X                   X                         X                   31.5 in         9 ft 11" (119 in)               X

...I'm just saying if they didn't do it in college it will be hard to expect it out of them right away in the pros.

Ok, if that's what you meant that isn't how it came across. It came across as you saying he can't do it. But look at the Baylor WRs with literally "no route tree" and they seem to be doing a good job in the pros. Then you have WRs from pro-style offenses that could run a complete NFL route tree in college come to the league and struggle.

Would you guys be willing to trade our first rounder for 2015 for multiple picks in this years draft?  It seems the closer we get to draft day the more I'm liking alot of guys that will last well into rounds 2 and 3...  if this draft class is better then next years then I'd be tempted to stockpile this talent while its there.

Alright, I subscribe to collegefootballmetrics.com and thoough the dude isn't 100%, he hits at a higher average than the talking heads/internet pundits. He takes physical metrics and combines them with an adjusted performance metric to create a final grade.

I urge any of you that play FF, and dynasty FF specifically to spend the $ and subscribe to him as well. The preface leads to the question of availability of a #1 WR at the beginning of round 2.

Right now that is a real possibility. That prospect's name is Jordan Matthews. His on-field production is incredible in  a tough conference, the SEC, with shotty QB play the last two years. Physically, he is just about as rare as the come. If you read CFM's scouting report, these are the WRs he matches favorably with:

Larry Fitzgerald

A.J. Green

Alshon Jeffery

Jordy Nelson

Here is the report(subscription needed to read in full): http://collegefootballmetrics.com/scouting/2014/WRb_Matthews_Jordan.html

2012 numbers: 94 rec 1,323 yards 14.1 avg 8 TDs

2013 numbers: 112 rec 1,477 yards 13.2 avg 7 TDs

Physical Metrics via combine:

6'3" 212 lbs with 33.25" arms and 10.5" hands!

4.46 40 yard dash. This was faster than anticipated and very close to the WRs listed above

21 bench reps which was tops in class, so we know he has the muscle tobeat bump and run

6.95 3 cone drill which is above-average agility for a big WR

Not sure about the 10 yard split, but I urge everyone to checkgame tape and see these metrics in action. It is rare that a top WR is glanced over by the "experts" and available in the 30s. If we are looking for a big #1 WR, his name is Jordan Matthews and at the moment he is available in round 2. Let's do this 'skins.

Would you guys be willing to trade our first rounder for 2015 for multiple picks in this years draft?  It seems the closer we get to draft day the more I'm liking alot of guys that will last well into rounds 2 and 3...  if this draft class is better then next years then I'd be tempted to stockpile this talent while its there.

No on mortgaging the future. Especially since next year #1 could be in top half of draft again.

No no no no no.

Alright, I subscribe to collegefootballmetrics.com and thoough the dude isn't 100%, he hits at a higher average than the talking heads/internet pundits. He takes physical metrics and combines them with an adjusted performance metric to create a final grade.

I urge any of you that play FF, and dynasty FF specifically to spend the $ and subscribe to him as well. The preface leads to the question of availability of a #1 WR at the beginning of round 2.

Right now that is a real possibility. That prospect's name is Jordan Matthews. His on-field production is incredible in  a tough conference, the SEC, with shotty QB play the last two years. Physically, he is just about as rare as the come. If you read CFM's scouting report, these are the WRs he matches favorably with:

Larry Fitzgerald

A.J. Green

Alshon Jeffery

Jordy Nelson

Here is the report(subscription needed to read in full): http://collegefootballmetrics.com/scouting/2014/WRb_Matthews_Jordan.html

4.46 40 yard dash. This was faster than anticipated and very close to the WRs listed above

21 bench reps which was tops in class, so we know he has the muscle tobeat bump and run

Not sure about the 10 yard split, but I urge everyone to checkgame tape and see these metrics in action. It is rare that a top WR is glanced over by the "experts" and available in the 30s. If we are looking for a big #1 WR, his name is Jordan Matthews and at the moment he is available in round 2. Let's do this 'skins.

This is a very wise man right here. Most complete WR in the draft outside of perhaps Mike Evans.

Larry Fitzgerald

A.J. Green

Alshon Jeffery

Jordy Nelson

Pass.... He doesn't compare to any of the WR's listed and most people believe he is maxed out as a player.

Would you guys be willing to trade our first rounder for 2015 for multiple picks in this years draft? It seems the closer we get to draft day the more I'm liking alot of guys that will last well into rounds 2 and 3... if this draft class is better then next years then I'd be tempted to stockpile this talent while its there.

No. We've been without a first round pick for two years. Plus you never know who will come out early next year that found deepen the draft.

Keep an eye on A.Exum..Skins like him a lot

Well, if I was privileged enough to be a part of the conversation, one of the first things I'd say (with a caveat) is that when you first look at him, he looks clearly like a guy who has used some performance enhancers. So, whatever issues he had with the knee (surgery) it could be tied together and whatever physical achievements he's had, they might be (could be) a bit of a false facade. 

Though the whole performance enhancer debate is but a niche category and (ha) we know PEDs are an integral part of the NFL. So maybe NFL folks don't really give a ****. Maybe I'd get shouted out of the room, but he looks artificially puffed up. 

I don't know anything about Terrence Brooks of FSU but he's showing up today.

If interested here are my charting notes on Brooks.

Brooks vs Boston College:

31 plays/ 8 plus/ 4 minus

Overall from this game: Usually brought his arms to wrap. Missed on a couple of cut/dive tackles and 1 poor angle but usually took good pursuit paths to ball carrier. Worked to get off blocks. Fluid movement more fast then quick/sudden. Played a some snaps as Center field FS and some in the box. Seemed more like a SS but could see him playing FS.

Terrence Brooks vs Pitt

22 plays +10/-2 +5 cov

Sometimes brings arms to wrap finishes tackles with leg drives. Sometimes cut tackles. Hits with pop. Willing tackler. Good pursuit paths. Active player. Good coverage instincts to break-on passes to deflect/intercept. Plays most of his snaps at Single Post FS. Fluid natural movement.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/375204-one-more-time-with-kirk-opening-script-vs-the-falcons/?p=9726027

Archived