Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Preston Brown ran about what I expected (4.86) but moved well for his build very fluid. Like him as a late round ILB in the mold of a Brandon Spikes.

He's definitely a thumper. Would love a combo with van noy or shazier, but he makes sense late regardless. Our other lb's are weaksiders anyhow.

Think there is any chance Nix falls to 34?

Haha no chance. Looked about exactly what everyone thought pre-combine. Still a top 16 pick.

Haha no chance. Looked about exactly what everyone thought pre-combine. Still a top 16 pick.

Yeah, I say that just because he has had knee problems and is a 2 down player. I think Kerr or Ellis in rounds 4-5 would have more value anyways. Ellis has had moments as a pass rusher too. 

Boy, Donald is the complete package, despite some perceived size limitations. So athletic, but with what seems to be an edgy blue collar work ethic and aggression. I'd love him at #34, but think his SB and combine might have him going top 20.

Before the combine his SB performance seemed to put him into the Top 15. Before the combine I never saw him fall past Dallas' first round pick. I'm really hoping he gets taken before Dallas picks.

Before the combine his SB performance seemed to put him into the Top 15. Before the combine I never saw him fall past Dallas' first round pick. I'm really hoping he gets taken before Dallas picks.

You could definitely be right, as between his superb senior season, his Senior Bowl dominance, and now his combine numbers, everything is trending his way. Only in a draft this deep, and with his height and size being a bit less than prototype for some schemes, could he drop out of the top 15. I'm with you though, if he goes that early, I sure hope it's before Dallas picks.

So call me crazy ... but I would like to do this:

2: Brandin Cooks, WR OSU

3. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson

3. Christian Jones, ILB FSU - for Cousins

4. Telvin Smith, ILB FSU

I mean if it's BPA why not?

But really though ... what are the chances we actually went WR-WR with the first two picks and got someone like Cooks at 34 and Bryant at 66. I mean holy crap.

I would love that draft, but fear that Bryant and Smith are going to be gone before our 3rd and 5th. Could definitely see Cooks and Jones being there at 2nd and 4th, but almost like them more because of the way Bryant and Smith complement them. It would be a near perfect draft, if we were able to address DE, FS, and OG/OT in FA.

Wasn't hatcher their 3 tech? I don't think they draft another 3 tech when that d needs linebackers and safeties.

It wouldn't surprise me if Chicago picked him up, they love their undersized but super quick/athletic DT's.  Such as Tommie Harris and Henry Melton.

Wasn't hatcher their 3 tech? I don't think they draft another 3 tech when that d needs linebackers and safeties.

They can't afford to bring back Hatcher.  They're WAAAAAAAY over the cap, so much so, that there's speculation they could release Demarcus Ware.

I would love that draft, but fear that Bryant and Smith are going to be gone before our 3rd and 5th. Could definitely see Cooks and Jones being there at 2nd and 4th, but almost like them more because of the way Bryant and Smith complement them. It would be a near perfect draft, if we were able to address DE, FS, and OG/OT in FA.

Right? I doubt Cooks lasts to 34 but I've actually seen a lot of mock drafts this weekend that had him to the Skins at 34. I would be happy with that pick regardless of what happens afterwards, but I do love what Bryant could become. I like Christian Jones in the 3rd as a replacement for Fletcher. I don't know if Smith lasts til the 4th but if he does I would be tempted to get him there, even if he becomes a "wildcard" package player on defense and a stud on Special Teams.

There's basically 6 guys I'd love to have. Cooks, Benjamin, Bryant, Jones, Smith and Seantrel Henderson. I'd be happy with any 4 of those 6 but I know we likely need some additional 3rds to get it done, hence why I'm rooting SO HARD to trade Cousins haha.

Hatcher is a FA and is 33 I think. I think both Walter Football and Drafttek's most recent Mocks have Donald to Dallas at 16. Both also have Cooks to Washington at 34 too.

4. Telvin Smith, ILB FSU

But really though ... what are the chances we actually went WR-WR with the first two picks and got someone like Cooks at 34 and Bryant at 66. I mean holy crap.

I would drool if we came away with those players.

The only difference is I'm taking Bryant at #34.

Yeah, I think he's going to be that good...eventually.

I'm a little hesitant to draft a guy who can only do 1 thing with our first pick. Stephen Hill isn't the best comparison but you have to be wary of big fast guys that struggle with the route tree.

4. Telvin Smith, ILB FSU

I would love this also, although I would be completely happy if we had to grab Landry instead of Cooks. Also, Telvin Smith is working on gaining weight.  Would love to have him and with Spikes (FA).  Grab Justin Ellis in the 4th-5th(hopefully), a DE like Brent Urban in the 6th and Aaron Colvin in the 7th.  I would be extremely happy.

I would love this also, although I would be completely happy if we had to grab Landry instead of Cooks. Also, Telvin Smith is working on gaining weight. Would love to have him and with Spikes (FA). Grab Justin Ellis in the 4th-5th(hopefully), a DE like Brent Urban in the 6th and Aaron Colvin in the 7th. I would be extremely happy.

My ideal mock would be

Trade down with Jacksonville:

They get Cousins and pick 34

We get Their 2nd 3rd and a 5th next year.

2nd: Allen Robinson

3rd: Jared Abbredris

3rd: Dom Easly

4th: Chris Borland

5th: Dakota Dosier

6th: Phillip Gaines

7th: John Dowling

You could switch Smallwood with Borland, who might go a round higher.

I wouldn't mind that.  I'm not completely sold on Robinson, not a huge fan of him compared to others like Landry, Cooks, Bryant, for what we need.  I feel as though we have our possession guy in Garcon.  I do like Abbrederis.  Wouldn't mind getting him and Bryant.  I do like Borland and Smallwood also, but would much prefer to get Spikes in FA and get a coverage guy like Telvin Smith if he can put on enough weight. He said that he is constantly eating and working out because he doesn't want to get moved to Safety. 

I wouldn't mind that. I'm not completely sold on Robinson, not a huge fan of him compared to others like Landry, Cooks, Bryant, for what we need. I feel as though we have our possession guy in Garcon. I do like Abbrederis. Wouldn't mind getting him and Bryant. I do like Borland and Smallwood also, but would much prefer to get Spikes in FA and get a coverage guy like Telvin Smith if he can put on enough weight. He said that he is constantly eating and working out because he doesn't want to get moved to Safety.

I actually really like Robinsons tape. Seems like an all around WR to me. I would've listed Telvin but I see him as a 2nd rounder

I wouldn't mind that. I'm not completely sold on Robinson, not a huge fan of him compared to others like Landry, Cooks, Bryant, for what we need. I feel as though we have our possession guy in Garcon. I do like Abbrederis. Wouldn't mind getting him and Bryant. I do like Borland and Smallwood also, but would much prefer to get Spikes in FA and get a coverage guy like Telvin Smith if he can put on enough weight. He said that he is constantly eating and working out because he doesn't want to get moved to Safety.

If he's been eating and lifting constantly since the national championship then what was his playing weight?! Gaining 10-15 pounds might be unrealistic for him.

If we draft Martavis Bryant, I'm going to make a firm resolution to not visit any of our boards until he's released. That guy has the definition of stone hands. With the way Redskins fans hate on Hankerson and now, even more mysteriously, Moss, for their "bad" hands, the noise with Bryant would be unbearable.

If we go WR in the 2nd, give me Beckham, Cooks, Landry, Robinson, or Matthews. But, please, FO, not Bryant.

If we draft Martavis Bryant, I'm going to make a firm resolution to not visit any of our boards until he's released. That guy has the definition of stone hands. With the way Redskins fans hate on Hankerson and now, even more mysteriously, Moss, for their "bad" hands, the noise with Bryant would be unbearable.

If we go WR in the 2nd, give me Beckham, Cooks, Landry, Robinson, or Matthews. But, please, FO, not Bryant.

Of all of the bad traits Bryant has, you pick hands? His hands have never been a problem for me.

Archived