Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I don't think Gruden will overlook anyone. Landry certainly won't be there in the 3rd either.

We have no idea how Gruden drafts so I am not so sure. Landry stock did take a dip because of the combine.  I agree he most likely wont fall to the third because he is one of those players who shows up strong in games. That combined with Mayock gushing over him.

The more and more I watch these receivers the more and more I want to draft 2... Whether it be in round 2 and 3, or 2 and 4 or 3 and 4 I would love to add two new weapons. If you adress DE, ILB, FS and maybe RG/RT then you can go out to the draft and add a few new ballers that wont cost even close to as much as youd pay a guy like Nicks or even Maclin. 

a few scenarios (assuming the positions were addressed in FA):

2nd: Marqise Lee/ Brandin Cooks/ Benjamin / Robinson / Beckham ( Hope one drops ) or ASJ (TE i know)
3rd: Martavis Bryant/ Landry/ Adams
4th: Quarles / Sutton

2nd: Marqise Lee/ Brandin Cooks/ Benjamin / Robinson / Beckham /Landry/ ASJ
3rd: Skov / Borland / Smallwood / Ward / Buchannon
4th: Abbrederis / Moncrief

2nd: Donald / Pryor / Su'a-Filo / Van Noy / Shazier
3rd: Landry / Bryant / Adams

I know that is relying on people dropping but I feel like with so much talent at reciever people will drop to us and it will be hard to resist. 

We have no idea how Gruden drafts so I am not so sure. Landry stock did take a dip because of the combine.  I agree he most likely wont fall to the third because he is one of those players who shows up strong in games. That combined with Mayock gushing over him.

Pretty much everyone was gushing about him the whole day. Millen went on a rant about him for about 10 mins 

The more and more I watch these receivers the more and more I want to draft 2... Whether it be in round 2 and 3, or 2 and 4 or 3 and 4 I would love to add two new weapons. If you adress DE, ILB, FS and maybe RG/RT then you can go out to the draft and add a few new ballers that wont cost even close to as much as youd pay a guy like Nicks or even Maclin.

a few scenarios (assuming the positions were addressed in FA):

2nd: Marqise Lee/ Brandin Cooks/ Benjamin / Robinson / Beckham ( Hope one drops ) or ASJ (TE i know)

3rd: Martavis Bryant/ Landry/ Adams

4th: Quarles / Sutton

2nd: Marqise Lee/ Brandin Cooks/ Benjamin / Robinson / Beckham /Landry/ ASJ

3rd: Skov / Borland / Smallwood / Ward / Buchannon

2nd: Donald / Pryor / Su'a-Filo / Van Noy / Shazier

3rd: Landry / Bryant / Adams

I know that is relying on people dropping but I feel like with so much talent at reciever people will drop to us and it will be hard to resist.

I hope we trade down and get some more picks. We need to add line talent as well as WR talent.

Mayock had me at Hines Ward. Let alone a bigger stronger tougher Hines Ward. We will take one of those please.

I wouldn't take Mike Mayock too seriously..

I'm guessing we sign one WR in free agency, either an outside receiver like former Bengal Jerome Simpson or a slot guy like Edelman.  If we get the Simpson type, then I'd be thrilled to draft Cooks.  If we get the Edelman type, then I'd like to see us draft a taller receiver like Bryant, Montcrief or Abbederis.  Either way, we'd be in good shape. 

The combine makes me even more hopeful we can trade Cousins for some form of either an early 2nd or a 3rd and 5th. The added picks, plus what I'm sure we'll be able to bring in via FA, would allow us to go BPA in the draft ... and if we don't spend big at WR ... we can draft 2 WRs ala Landry's philosophy. I know a lot of people think it's crazy to expect a 2nd for Cousins so I'll heed that and say 3rd to be safe

Trade 2 back 10 picks for a 4th and 6th.

2: Cyril Richardson, OG Baylor

3: Martavias Bryant, WR Clemson

3: Christian Jones, ILB FSU

4: Dri Archer, SWR Kent State

4: Bashaud Breeland, CB Clemson

5: Justin Ellis, NT La. Tech

6: Aaron Murray, QB Georgia

6: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma

7: Punter

The combine makes me even more hopeful we can trade Cousins for some form of either an early 2nd or a 3rd and 5th. The added picks, plus what I'm sure we'll be able to bring in via FA, would allow us to go BPA in the draft ... and if we don't spend big at WR ... we can draft 2 WRs ala Landry's philosophy. I know a lot of people think it's crazy to expect a 2nd for Cousins so I'll heed that and say 3rd to be safe

Trade 2 back 10 picks for a 4th and 6th.

2: Cyril Richardson, OG Baylor

3: Martavias Bryant, WR Clemson

3: Christian Jones, ILB FSU

4: Dri Archer, SWR Kent State

4: Bashaud Breeland, CB Clemson

5: Justin Ellis, NT La. Tech

6: Aaron Murray, QB Georgia

6: Aaron Colvin, CB Oklahoma

7: Punter

I like this strategy JMS. The more mocks I do of this draft the more picks I want. If we can somehow get a few more picks that makes selecting 2 recievers far less of a luxury. This draft is just insanely deep!

One of these receivers is going to be there for us.

Montavius Bryant -6'4 220lbs

Deontae' Moncrief - 6'3. 220lbs

Jordan Mathews - 6'3 220lbs

Allen Robinson - 6'3 215lbs

La Damien Washington 6'4 200lbs

Brandon Coleman 6'6. 220lbs

They're all really big and fast. We don't need to press to draft the one who is going to be a #1 receiver because we already have Pierre. We just need the one who will be a solid football player who's able to exploit mismatches. And all of these guys can do that. So trade Cousins for a 3rd this year and 5th next year. Then draft the best player available at 34 and pick up one of these guys in the 3rd plus another starter. Probably Moncrief. I believe Bryant and Mathews might be gone based on their combine performances.

Great year to not have a first round pick!

One of these receivers is going to be there for us.

Montavius Bryant -6'4 220lbs

Deontae' Moncrief - 6'3. 220lbs

Jordan Mathews - 6'3 220lbs

Allen Robinson - 6'3 215lbs

La Damien Washington 6'4 200lbs

They're all really big and fast. We don't need to press to draft the one who is going to be a #1 receiver because we already have Pierre. We just need the one who will be a solid football player who's able to exploit mismatches. And all of these guys can do that. So trade Cousins for a 3rd this year and 5th next year. Then draft the best player available at 34 and pick up one of these guys in the 3rd plus another starter. Probably Moncrief. I believe Bryant and Mathews might be gone based on their combine performances.

Great year to not have a first round pick!

We won't get a 3rd and 5th for Cousins.

Am I remembering correctly that Dexter McCluster was primarily a RB at Ole Miss? Seems like a similar player to compare to. That being said I haven't seen Archer play so I could be way off base

Well, if comparing College McCluster to college Archer, I think they do differentiate a little based upon how they were each used.

NFL McCluster seems to be used more and more like a WR, which is where I think Archer will need to make his living.

College McCluster would get used as a standard set back. He;d get used as a Pitch Man (option). He did run some Wildcat (QB). All those things are the same between the two. But, McC was basically used out of the backfield just about exclusively, if I remember correct. I don't ever remember him lining up as a WR on the LOS, ever.

The closest I've seen were situations where he lined up like a Wingman (option offense, Pitch-Back) and he released for a quick 5-Yard Hitch. A couple times I saw that he was in motion, pre-snap, like a Wingman, Pitch-Back, and he received a quick pass out of the backfield.

Obviously it's been awhile since watching his Ole Miss stuff. From what I remember and also from just watching his 2009 Tennessee tape, McC's receptions were out of the backfield on swing passes, screens, you know, standard RB stuff.

Archer actually got snaps as a Slot WR, occasionally outside as well. And I mean they were downfield routes. Either hash-mark Vert Seams, Post-Corner Flag routes, GOs, a few Shallow Cross stuff like that.

So I think just based on college stuff, Archer has gotten more snaps as a WR then McC did during his college days. Otherwise, similar in terms of the type of RB they each were in college.

Size and athletically, those two get compared to one another since they are similar by way of numbers. Stat geeks probably get all Matrix eyes, seeing streaming numbers. Similar height, weight, 40 times, stats production, etc.

I can see why people use that comparison when talking about their bodies, their speed and quickness, running style and such.

What round do you think he goes in? Still in that 5th to 6th range or will that 40 time hype bump him up? If he's there in the 5th I don't see how we don't get him to be a slot protege

If Archer had more work at WR, like Hilton ...

That's why I said 3rd round - http://es.redskins.com/topic/369991-2014-comprehensive-nfl-draft-database/?p=9673928

Obviously, I've got a number of guys I'm looking at for the 3rd round, guys for the o-line and/or D Front 7. So I understand why folks are waiting to pencil, hope, whatever for Archer in the early 4th. But I wouldn't be surprised with him gone in the 3rd.

*Just FYI. Archer has slightly larger hands than Hilton: Archer 8.7/8 v. Hilton 8.3/8. Hilton has slightly longer arms than Archer: Hilton 32" arms v. Archer 31" arms.

Archer has got good hands. He can track the ball. He's had some work at WR specifically. He's obviously got the speed, which tops Hilton. He's obviously got the agility to break in and out of routes. It's comes down to development.

I would be ecstatic if we could land Landry and Bryant.  Unless Pryor is available at 34, just cover S in FA.  Not ready to give up on our young guys, especially P. Thomas.  Grab DL, MLB, OL in the middle rounds, and grab Aaron Colvin in the 7th, Based on FA availability, I would much rather go FA for defense and take advantage of this deep wr class.  

Still think the best overall fit for another TE for us would be CJ Fiedorowicz 

Now, I'm dont know much nor have I watched highlight videos on CJ Fiedorowicz, but based on what ive read etc.

Wouldnt he be pretty similar to Logan Paulsen?

I see him as a possible poor mans Heath Miller.

Problem is you got to choose one. Because you won't get both in consecutive rounds. Unless we land an additional 2nd somehow. They just won't last for long stretches. I'd be really surprised if they did.

I agree.  My hope is that we can land another second.  However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of grabbing Bryant at the beginning of the 3rd. It will be difficult for him to drop after today, but he might.  I wouldn't be mad at having Bryant and Abbrederis also.

I agree.  My hope is that we can land another second.  However, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of grabbing Bryant at the beginning of the 3rd. It will be difficult for him to drop after today, but he might.  I wouldn't be mad at having Bryant and Abbrederis also.

If you're getting someone in the 3rd round the likelier to happen is Landry, Bryant I would like at 66 and thats where I'm comfortable but I realize he won't get to that point 

Archived