Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DeSeanA Jackson...

SonnyJ

http://www.gcobb.com/2010/10/04/desean-jackson-talked-about-the-delay-of-game-penalty-and-injury-to-vick/

Jackson said he told Vick that he shouldn’t be taken all those hits. In fact right before the play which knocked him out of the game, Jackson says he told Vick to avoid taking those big hits.

As you can see from the way Jackson is getting on the ground rather than take those tough hits, he knows how important is to avoid getting injured. He is probably going to far with it because he knows that every time he gets his hands on the football, there’s a chance he could get hit and injured, then not be able to collect his big payday next year.

Jackson has decided he’s going to stay healthy and get his money. It’s very obvious.

Go ahead and "get your money" Desean, and keep on not catching passes against a division opponent. See how much money it actually makes you...

Jackson's a joke?...Yeah ok. What a ridiculous comment. Any Redskins fan would kill for this guy.

Please..he does one thing well and thats go deep..he's a ***** in the lines and is 75% of the time a horrible blocker plus ive heard and seen him speak live..he's a dick and arrogent

So maybe you want him? But Im happy without him

Oh no you didn't.

Grammer police on the internets?

It's a good thing he dropped down on all 4s on that pass, Landry WAS going to kill him if he'd caught it. DJ saw him coming and dropped before the ball or the hit to save himself.

A hit like that one would have either caused a fumble, or they would have called it an incomplete pass, but there was no way DJ would have:

a. caught the pass and,

b. remained conscious

He definitely would have missed a couple games with a concussion. He's a *****.

He's about 170. Not many guys his size are gonna wanna take a hit from a guy like Landry. He's not a ***** for that. That's SMART. How is he helping his team if he's out with a concussion? Maybe if Vick had his mindset he'd be playing in San Francisco this week.

I wouldn't. But, then, I don't want ******* and/or knuckleheads on my team. To quote Mike Singletary "Can't win with them.".

Yeah, ok. Like you wouldn't want him on our team. Please. Look at our WRs, bro. Pathetic. He's a game-changer.

Singletary can't coach, btw. That team has WAY too much talent to be 0-4.

why would we when we already have S Moss. What we would kill for is a BIG go to guy like Andre Johnson.

Moss is not a #1 WR. And he's just as big a punk as Jackson. At least he's sorta cut out those ridiculous first down signals he does after catching 5 yard passes for first downs. Anyone would take Desean Jackson over S. Moss any day of the week. Stop kidding yourself.

And getting a guy like Johnson is a pipe dream. Was never a reality. But we should have made a play for Boldin. He's a straight up beast. And Moss could have been a very nice #2. Then again, getting Boldin would have probably cost us too high a pick. And we already don't have many, as is.

Moss is not a #1 WR. And he's just as big a punk as Jackson. At least he's sorta cut out those ridiculous first down signals he does after catching 5 yard passes for first downs. Anyone would take Desean Jackson over S. Moss any day of the week. Stop kidding yourself.

And getting a guy like Johnson is a pipe dream. Was never a reality. But we should have made a play for Boldin. He's a straight up beast. And Moss could have been a very nice #2. Then again, getting Boldin would have probably cost us too high a pick. And we already don't have many, as is.

Thank you for bringing some sense to the thread.

Yeah, ok. Like you wouldn't want him on our team. Please. Look at our WRs, bro. Pathetic. He's a game-changer.

Singletary can't coach, btw. That team has WAY too much talent to be 0-4.

I think I pretty clearly said that I WOULD NOT want him on the team that I was rooting for. Why? Again, it's because he is the biggest ***** to ever play in the NFL. That is my opinion and I've pretty clearly stated it over the course of this thread. I'll take Santana Moss anyday over Jackson. The fact that you don't see the difference in toughness between the two on the field is quite telling. Please let us know the next time that Moss shies away from a pass because he's afraid of getting hit.

You like Jackson. You love watching him in the open field with the ball in his hands. That is your perogative. Just as it is other posters' perogative to be repulsed by his girly ways.

Whether or not Singletary is a good coach or not (I think he should be coaching high school) is completely immaterial to what I quoted. The quote was apropos to my opinion that a championship team cannot have a ***** such as Jackson as one of its frontline players. In the alpha male world of the NFL, I can't conceive that a contact-avoiding ***** like Jackson is highly respected, by his teammates as well as players on other teams. Way too easily intimidated. And you can bet that he'll be the first to start complaining should the ship start to sink, or he'll whine like a little kid if his lack of "quality" touches continues over the next couple of games. He's a narcissistic diva that is also a coward on the field. Can't win with him.

Thank you for bringing some sense to the thread.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

I think I pretty clearly said that I WOULD NOT want him on the team that I was rooting for. Why? Again, it's because he is the biggest ***** to ever play in the NFL. That is my opinion and I've pretty clearly stated it over the course of this thread. I'll take Santana Moss anyday over Jackson. The fact that you don't see the difference in toughness between the two on the field is quite telling. Please let us know the next time that Moss shies away from a pass because he's afraid of getting hit.

I'm an Iggles fan so maybe I'm biased, but you ask all 32 NFL GMs who they choose...what do you think that poll would be?

You like Jackson. You love watching him in the open field with the ball in his hands. That is your perogative. Just as it is other posters' perogative to be repulsed by his girly ways.

Whether or not Singletary is a good coach or not (I think he should be coaching high school) is completely immaterial to what I quoted. The quote was apropos to my opinion that a championship team cannot have a ***** such as Jackson as one of its frontline players. In the alpha male world of the NFL, I can't conceive that a contact-avoiding ***** like Jackson is highly respected, by his teammates as well as players on other teams. Way too easily intimidated. And you can bet that he'll be the first to start complaining should the ship start to sink, or he'll whine like a little kid if his lack of "quality" touches continues over the next couple of games. He's a narcissistic diva that is also a coward on the field. Can't win with him.

So do you dislike Jackson? :) Jackson isn't Jerry Rice. Jackson isn't a possession receiver. What he DOES do is stretch the field and is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. Yes, he avoids contact, which is hardly a surprise considering his concussion last year and his size. Curious as to your thougts regarding Portis' dive to the ground in the open field vs. the Rams?

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Ah no. See above regarding real football talent evaluators. More to the point, what do you think would happen if Shanahan & Allen were offered Djackson for Moss straight up?

I'm an Iggles fan so maybe I'm biased, but you ask all 32 NFL GMs who they choose...what do you think that poll would be?

Honestly, I have no idea. I doubt it's as cut and dried as you think. A lot of teams would want no part of a ***** playing for their team.

So do you dislike Jackson? :) Jackson isn't Jerry Rice. Jackson isn't a possession receiver. What he DOES do is stretch the field and is a threat to score everytime he touches the ball. Yes, he avoids contact, which is hardly a surprise considering his concussion last year and his size. Curious as to your thougts regarding Portis' dive to the ground in the open field vs. the Rams?

You want to compare Portis and Jackson in terms of toughness? Seriously?

Ah no. See above regarding real football talent evaluators. More to the point, what do you think would happen if Shanahan & Allen were offered Djackson for Moss straight up?

I would hope that they wouldn't take it. Moss runs every route and will go get a ball under any circumstance. He got crushed going over the middle this past preseason, got right up and was pissed at himself for dropping the ball. Jackson curls up into the fetal position going for a pass at the end of a critical regular season divisional game when his team desperately needs a score.

How do you evaluate that? That's the kind of player you want to go to war with?

does anybody remember last season before the primetime game with the eagles, they did a SUPER-LAME spotlight on desean jackson. at one point the dude described himself as being "unpossible to stop". yes, "unpossible". it was one of the whackest things i ever saw and is still one of the biggest reasons i just cant stand this *****.

Jackson is so overrated by eagle fans its not even funny. People were saying he was a top 5 wideout, LMFAO!!

He's just a fast guy who can beat you deep but depends on solid QB play. He is NOWHERE NEAR the player

(just like B.Westbrook) philly fans think he his. Pop him hard and he'll give up, chicken little. Say what you will

about Moss but he'll take the hits and come right back for more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

placesandpeople042.jpg

Jackson is so overrated by eagle fans its not even funny. People were saying he was a top 5 wideout, LMFAO!! He's just a fast guy who can beat you deep but depends on solid QB play. He is NOWHERE NEAR the player (just like B.Westbrook) philly fans think he his. Pop him hard and he'll give up, chicken little. Say what you will

about Moss but he'll take the hits and come right back for more.

I'm a philly fan, and based on talent alone I can name at least 5 other wr's I'd pick over him:

1) Santana Moss......JUST kidding

Seriously:

1) A Johnson

2) RandyMoss (talent only)

3) B. Marshall

4) Fitz

5) Boldin

6) C Johnson

7) Miles Austin

and maybe a couple more. I would put him in top 10-12.

Your comments regarding "depends on solid QB play" and "WB being overrated" gave me a chuckle. What WR does NOT depend on solid QB play? And WB was not overrated by philly fans...people everywhere said he was very good.

SonnyJ is really naive, or just being a homer. Haven't figured out which yet.

No one in their right mind would take Moss over D. Jackson. Give it up, brol

That's cool. You're fine with punk ass ****es on your team. I'm not. You love players that give great highlights for SportsCenter but curl up into a ball at critical junctures in games. I don't.

Vive la difference. :cheers:

Great highlights like dropping the ball on the 1 yard line to celebrate? I have to thank DeSean for that one. I had Westbrook in fantasy football and DeSean's coulda woulda shoulda TD that he dropped on the 1 yard line was all the guy I was playing against needed to win. Instead Westbrook gets the TD and I win.

That's cool. You're fine with punk ass ****es on your team. I'm not. You love players that give great highlights for SportsCenter but curl up into a ball at critical junctures in games. I don't.

I tend to agree with you. You never saw Clark or Sanders (2 smallish WRs) shy away from contact. Of course there were no rules to protect the WRs now. Jackson shouldn't be afraid to get hit with all the rules to protect him.

I like guys that can actually win me ballgames! Difference-makers, if you will. Moss is not that. Did he even have a catch on Sunday? lol

And before you say D Jax only had a catch or two. Consider who was his QB. Also consider what each player has done this year.

You're nuts if you would take Moss over Jackson. Period. Stop being a damn homer.

I like guys that can actually win me ballgames! Difference-makers, if you will. Moss is not that. Did he even have a catch on Sunday? lol

And before you say D Jax only had a catch or two. Consider who was his QB. Also consider what each player has done this year.

You're nuts if you would take Moss over Jackson. Period. Stop being a damn homer.

Why does it upset you so much that I've made a clear and convincing case for why I have such disdain for Jackson and would want no part of him on my team? This has nothing to do with Moss and everything to do with Jackson, though I can't understand why you are blind to all the games that Moss has had a huge impact on for the Redskins. I'll also point out that, if Jackson gets excused for having a bad game due to Kolb being his QB for 3/4 of it (though he didn't do jack with Vick in there, either), why do you not also acknowledge the QBs that Moss has had to work with during the bulk of his tenure with the Redskins?

Jackson: 16 Receptions, 337 Yards, 2 TD

Moss: 22 Receptions, 290 Yards, 1 TD

There's really not that big of a difference there. And I'd be willing to bet that a good amount of Jackson's yards come from plays where Vick was able to extend the play with his legs to give Jackson time to get open.

Moss is consistent.

Game 1: 6 receptions, 77 yards, 0 TD

Game 2: 10 receptions, 89 yards, 0 TD

Game 3: 6 receptions, 124 yards, 1 TD

Game 4: 0 receptions - but we barely threw the ball last week.

Jackson is feast or famine.

His first game: 4 receptions, 30 yards, 0 TD

Next two: 9 receptions, 288 yards, 2 TD

Last week: 3 receptions, 19 yards, 0 TD

There's really not that big of a difference there. And I'd be willing to bet that a good amount of Jackson's yards come from plays where Vick was able to extend the play with his legs to give Jackson time to get open.

Moss is consistent.

Hard to argue with this approach. And I don't mean that in a good way. :)

Moss is consistent.

You forgot:

Jackson is a girl.

Moss is man... He's as tough as they get, no matter his size.

Archived