• Blog Entries

• By JimmiJo in ES Coverage

And we are back!

Hello boys and girls, welcome to another year of Washington Redskins football, home-team style.

My name is JimmiJo and I am joined by my shuttered compatriot, Spaceman Spiff. Together we bring you the sights and sounds of Redskins preseason football. Tonight represents the first home installment for Washington. I will be looking for fan enthusiasm, tho it is difficult to gauge interest-level from the preseason. These are the games that the season ticket holders give to their siblings and coworkers.

Tonight may be different as we expect Alex Smith to play. The pundits keep telling me he is Kirk Cousins only better. That will be awesome if so. 

We are quickly filling the list with season-ending injuries, with Washington losing three projected contributors in the first week of preseason. This wince-producing stat is made worse when we consider the projected contributions of Derrius Guice, now lost for the year.

All he was brought here to do was resurrect the Redskins' rushing game. 

This for me is the biggest area of concern for me. The running game has got to get better for this team to have any reason success this year.

Stand by for Inactives...

An hour later I remember they don't do inactives in the preseason. Hey, it's preseason for us too!

Not much to report. Very sparse crowd so far. But given it is a work-night and rush hour is just wrapping up on the beltway I am not surprised we are not overflowing with people yet.

The Redskins appear to be wearing burgundy tops and mustard bottoms, for those keeping score at home. The Jets meanwhile, are sporting white tops and green bottoms.

So far just the kickers and long snappers are warming up from both teams. 

The hot, sunny day is giving way to a warm, breezy evening. Should be fairly pleasant viewing conditions for those coming out.

Kickoff

It is about that time. Follow along in-game on Twitter @Skinscast

Half

Alex Smith looked sharp, going 4-6 for 48-yards and a 91 passer-rating. 

But that's not the story of this game.

The story is the injuries that continue to mount to running backs. Samaje Perine had an impressive 30-yard run. Then limped off to be evaluated for an ankle sprain. Next was Byron Marshall.  A lower leg injury they say.

The Redskins are suffering the worst run of injuries this early maybe ever. 

JimmiJo

I am not sure how much we learned tonight. I take that back.

Kevin Hogan, whom I had taken to calling ‘Nogan,’ somehow produced a lovely comeback victory with no time to spare. Way to send them home happy.

Beyond the excitement at the end I am not sure we learned much.

Alex Smith is exactly who we thought he was. Smith went 4-for-6 for 48-yards and a passer rating of 91. There was some excitement on his first call from scrimmage, when Smith play actioned the handoff and kept the ball on a bootleg, he turned to setup to hit Paul Richardson and instead received a face-full of Jets’ linebacker Jordan Jenkins. Smith completed the pass to Richardson and Jenkins was handed a 15- roughing call.

The offense are exactly who we thought they are. Feckless in the redzone; unable to produce anything but field goals. Even when the stars did align, with Colt McCoy connecting Cam Sims, area spectacular touchdown catch; cruel fate intervened with a chickenscratch procedure call.

The injuries are exactly what we feared they could be. Why is it every running back who goes for 30-yards on a single play comes up limping? Samaje Perine ran for 30-yards on his one carry on the night.

The next time he was seen was on the way to the locker room to have an ankle looked at.

Then there was Byron Marshall. He barely got into the game before coming out with a leg injury.

After the first few drives Washington did very little offensively until they had to at the very end.

And as little as this preseason game meant, it was nice to see the valiant stop at the goal line. It was even nicer to see Mr. Hogan lead the team down the field and to victory.

Oh yea, we learned one more thing - Dustin Hopkins can kick field goals.

Hail!
Sign in to follow this  
zoony

Buyer/Seller Feedback. Post It Here

tiger187126

I bought a green season parking pass before the first preseason game this year, and everything went very smoothly. 5 stars.

Bought 2 tixs for the Rams game from Copperbird and was a very smooth transaction. Very pleased with the service, communication and turnaround time. The tix were at a great price compared to stubhub based on the location. It was quick and easy using paypal and received my tix before I knew it. I would definitely recommend hitting up Copperbird before you look on stubhub.

Edited by cdanrun

Just completed transaction with Raub who purchased three games. Very fast payment. Enjoyed working with him. A++++er

Nothing but good things to say about Dondrae. Quick shipment, and good communication.

Rocky21 provided me with 2 tickets for the tampa game. Smooth transaction and got the tickets the next day. Good person to deal with

Great transaction with Mark327 involving me purchasing 4 tix and a green parking pass of his for cash plus 2 of my tickets for other games. Great communication and a die hard fan as well.

Both wpns3/5 Rocky21 were awesome sellers. Rocky21 mailed tickets which I received next day, and WPN3/5 dropped them off. Both A+!

Ned_Flanders (Devon) - Just picked up the six Chiefs/Redskins tickets, and two green parking passes I purchased from him from the post office today. He sold them to me for face, and I would definitely buy tickets from him again!

Thanks! Looking forward to the game. :)

Edited by slackermike

Slackermike bought 6 tickets and 2 parking passes for the Chiefs game from me. He paypal'd me the funds. Overall it was a smooth transaction. Looking forward to doing more business in the future.

HTTR!

Boganst gets 100 % positive feedback from me. I purchased a green parking pass for the 10-4-09 Redskins vs Bucs game from him.

Great transaction & communication from AnnieC. She bought 2 tickets & parking pass for the Bucs game.

100% positive feedback

Skinhotlanta was great to deal with. I got 3 tickets plus orange parking from him for the Eagles game. Fast shipping and great communication. I would buy from him again.

Both Bibby and jaybrant are good people. Sold tickets to them both and they were each quick with the payment, fast with communications and an overall joy to work with. :D

Edited by Stugein

Got a greenie from skinstickets for the Eagles game for $25, paid on a Friday pass was in my mailbox on Monday. Good guy. Fast, cheap and reliable.

Josh