Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glacier National Park to have no glaciers by 2030

China

that's too bad. glad i got to see it before it is gone.

as usual, the neckbeards and pundits like to chime in without having ever having set foot outside their own basements,

they'd rather see every piece of outdoor or historic america covered in wal marts and empty retail space strip malls.

because that's progress.

as usual, the neckbeards and pundits like to chime in without having ever having set foot outside their own basements,

they'd rather see every piece of outdoor or historic america covered in wal marts and empty retail space strip malls.

because that's progress.

Once this happens the Glaciers will come back stronger than ever and wipe out said Wal-Marts and empty strip malls. Only to start the process over again.

I still find it very hard to believe we have ****ed up the planet in 160 years. Humans have been here for a blip compared to how old the eatrh is. We may be contributing somewhat, but there are cycles the earth goes through that man has never seen. We may go the way of the Dino's at some point and the Earth will, as Joe Dirte' said, keep on keepin' on.

because that's progress.

I'm a global warming skeptic. I suppose you would consider me a basement-dwelling neck-beard who only shops at wal-mart, huh.

get a grip buddy.

Once this happens the Glaciers will come back stronger than ever and wipe out said Wal-Marts and empty strip malls. Only to start the process over again.

I still find it very hard to believe we have ****ed up the planet in 160 years. Humans have been here for a blip compared to how old the eatrh is. We may be contributing somewhat, but there are cycles the earth goes through that man has never seen. We may go the way of the Dino's at some point and the Earth will, as Joe Dirte' said, keep on keepin' on.

we will see.

the truth is this. the amount of land where americans can hunt and fish on is quickly drying up and more and more young americans are losing out because of it.

If the glaciers melt that should give ya more land to hunt and fish on :)

Personally I think it will be cool to go back there and walk on land no one else has.

perhaps you could also finangle the honor of personally killing the last Black Rhino. THAT would be smokin! PLUS you'd be able to sell the horn to some 78 year old chinese dude striving for one last bout of morning glory. ;)

I still find it very hard to believe we have ****ed up the planet in 160 years. Humans have been here for a blip compared to how old the eatrh is.

You are focusing on the time and completely neglecting the rate.

****ing up of the planet = time of ****ing up * rate of ****ing up

The "we haven't been here long enough" argument is really gets me with its combination of extreme ignorance and extreme arrogance. It's like somebody comes into a room, farts, and says "it couldn't have been me, I just got here" when people complain about the smell.

Here's the irony: all this glacial mel****er might result in another ice age. Recent studies have shown an increase in freshwater in the earth's water cycle.. All this water may alter or slow the gulf stream to the point that there is increased cooling and glaciation.

That's the thing about climate change ... our modern civilization has developed in a very narrow range of temperature and associated conditions. With a relatively crowded planet ****ing up the equilibrium is likely to have serious consequences on global food supply and health.

Here's the irony: all this glacial mel****er might result in another ice age. Recent studies have shown an increase in freshwater in the earth's water cycle.. All this water may alter or slow the gulf stream to the point that there is increased cooling and glaciation.

That should give us incentive to use all that water right?

Dam it up and you create cold spots and precious h2o :cool:

would that create global cooling? or just European cooling? In either case... the brits would certainly be screwed!

Personally I think it will be cool to go back there and walk on land no one else has.

I never realized you were such a positive person! Way to find the silver lining.

You fish on land ?

And how does melting glaciers create more land ? If anything, it creates more water. The glacier water doesn't just dissappear, unless it evaporates after melting.

You fish on land ?

And how does melting glaciers create more land ? If anything, it creates more water. The glacier water doesn't just dissappear, unless it evaporates after melting.

Are you assuming that all ice that will melt is above water now? water is unique in that it actually contracts when it melts. Simply put Frozen water (Ice) takes up more room than liquid water...

Perhaps we should just shun anything modern and move back in out caves, hunt with spears and eat grass and raw meat.

The climate is changing now just as it has always changed in the past. We cannot stop this change no matter how much we wanted to.

Are you assuming that all ice that will melt is above water now? water is unique in that it actually contracts when it melts. Simply put Frozen water (Ice) takes up more room than liquid water...

Actually, you have it backwards again. It is true that ice takes up more room than liquid water, but warmer liquid water also takes up more room than colder liquid water. If the oceans warm, sea levels will rise, independent of whether any ice is available to melt.

Perhaps we should just shun anything modern and move back in out caves, hunt with spears and eat grass and raw meat.

Perhaps empty slogans aren't that useful in these discussions.

The climate is changing now just as it has always changed in the past.

The models seem to indicate that it is changing FASTER now.

We cannot stop this change no matter how much we wanted to.

"In fact, we cant' even try to slow it. We need to embrace it!" - Exxon spokesman.

Why would you want to change the natural order of things?

What make you think that man can cause or prevent the next ice age?

If it is the natural order of things that the next Ice Age will come on us 8,000 years from now, no matter what we do, I nevertheless would prefer that we not make it come on us 80 years from now instead.

Why not?

Actually, the statement he made is a legitimate one, or at least its coupled with a legitimate question: what the hell can man do to actually change the weather on a massive scale? I'm afraid the answer is 'not much.'

along this line of thinking, I think the Pentagon of all groups is ahead of the curve on climate change. They don't care if its man made or not, but they sure as hell have contingency plans in place for if the oceans do rise. Which begs the question, why are politicians more concerned with trying to prevent the inevitable? Shouldn't they be more concerned with dealing with unpreventable oceanic shift and rise, which will affect the lives of nearly 2/3rds of America's population??? Or at least plan in this regard? Instead they focus endlessly on 'cap and trade' and convincing the public that switching light bulbs is going to save the Earth. Give me a ****ing break, anyone who believes this garbage is a goddamned moron. We need to deal with this ****, NOW. We need massive public relocation plans in place, we need to prepare for this in as many ways as possible. This won't happen of course and our country will be caught with its pants down in 50-100 years and thousands of Americans, and millions of people, will perish around the world.

actually I take it all back, cap and trade is the way to go baby.

Archived