Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Portis: "That play was designed for a two yard loss...."

Bluecollar62

I love Clintons humour. I mean just look at the masks. Actually, looking back on all the Gibbs teams, hes encouraged crazy ppl to really come out and give the team the element of fun and personality.

You can imagine, all those mask's in Gibb's office, with Clinton trying them all on... Gibbs saying: "yeah, that'll scare 'em"... and Clinton replying... "Gut and Power coach, gut and power"!

Hahaha.

I love it!!!

Damn what happened to your sense of humor? Dude was joking and it was very obvious.:rolleyes:
I guess I'm just getting too critical .....I love Joe Gibbs and what he represents to our team. What with the naysayers comments at the earlier stages of his return, I tend to get a little jumpy at his defense I guess......also, my idea of humor and Clinton's version are at total opposite ends of the spectrum.......:2cents:

Why is it that everyone pours through player statements to find disgruntled players every week? Seriously, stop trying to make controversy out of anything a Redskins says.

He was joking. If you didnt notice, he was about to get stuffed for a 2 yard loss on the play...

Actually I took it to mean he didn't agree with the play call. Gibbs was saying on his coaches show that Clinton always has oppinions about which plays they should and shouldnt' run. Quotes like," if you want to win you'll call this play, you want to win don't you"? Obviously he didnt' think that play call was a good one.

He was being funny.

You know funny, right?

Main Entry: 1fun·ny

Pronunciation: 'f&-nE

Function: adjective

Inflected Form(s): fun·ni·er; -est

1 a : affording light mirth and laughter : AMUSING b : seeking or intended to amuse : FACETIOUS

2 : differing from the ordinary in a suspicious, perplexing, quaint, or eccentric way : PECULIAR -- often used as a sentence modifier <funny, things didn't turn out the way we planned>

I was highly amused.

Blondie

I don't understand Clinton's critique statement on his scoring play with the spin move off the left side when asked about it after the game....:2cents:

hu·mor (n.)

1. The quality that makes something laughable or amusing; funniness: could not see the humor of the situation.

2. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.

3. The ability to perceive, enjoy, or express what is amusing, comical, incongruous, or absurd. See Synonyms at wit1.

Actually I took it to mean he didn't agree with the play call. Gibbs was saying on his coaches show that Clinton always has oppinions about which plays they should and shouldnt' run. Quotes like," if you want to win you'll call this play, you want to win don't you"? Obviously he didnt' think that play call was a good one.

Clinton knows Gibbs is a HOF coach. Clinton pretends that he thinks he's better than everyone else, but completely tongue in cheek. I know how he is cuz I'm the exact same way :laugh: . He was just having some fun. Get your panties out of a bunch.

Enjoy the win. Relax.

Archived