Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar says he was "misquoted"....Wants to remain a Redskin and retire a Redskin

mcees4life

Lavar's fault. Elkin is the President of the Pro Football Writers of America organization. He's been covering the team for 25 years. If anything, his coverage has been more than fair. Lavar has consistently been a distraction to JG and GW. Without knowing all of the facts, I'm pinning this one on Lavar.

Don't be foolish.

First, his name is Elfin.

Second, he loves writing negative pieces.

His piece on Sean Taylor was completely negative. I think he revels in it.

Good I am glad he is having an opportunity to clear it up but I did not think the article was negative at all. I took to mean I like the Skins, hope I can retire here BUT all that crap about my contract caused a lot of problems, and I may not be here after this year.

Are you kidding me? That article was provocative journalism at it's finest. If the writer wished to write a positive story about Lavar's ups and downs as a Redskin this year, and how he's worked his way back into the starting lineup and has been starting to play well of late, and how he felt going forward, then he certainly failed miserably.

Are you kidding me? That article was provocative journalism at it's finest. If the writer wished to write a positive story about Lavar's ups and downs as a Redskin this year, and how he's worked his way back into the starting lineup and has been starting to play well of late, and how he felt going forward, then he certainly failed miserably.

If he did with to write that artilcle you mentioned he would not have had 40pages on the forum. He would not be on every networks new:doh: ESPN is usually a day late but tommorow they will be all over this:doh: Elkins mission was accomplished he brought the 2nd rate Times some exposure.

the guy is a good player that used to be great and is on his way back there dont forget he made the pro bowl 3 out of his first 4 years here and is one of the most athletic people in the league if he is healthy the kind of injury is something you arent recovered from even after youve "recovered" he should be back at full strength with time off in the offseason and workouts rather than hard hitting football games if he wants to be a redskin for life and retire here then we'll be a better team for it and i dont understand why ANYONE would want the guy gone if he is willing to sacrifice money to stay here however he does need to be willing to sacrifice a decent amount of it if he wants to be a true redskin and help this team get better and re-prove he can be the healthy most dominant pro bowl worthy outside backer he was before he got hurt

the guy is a good player that used to be great and is on his way back there dont forget he made the pro bowl 3 out of his first 4 years here and is one of the most athletic people in the league if he is healthy the kind of injury is something you arent recovered from even after youve "recovered" he should be back at full strength with time off in the offseason and workouts rather than hard hitting football games if he wants to be a redskin for life and retire here then we'll be a better team for it and i dont understand why ANYONE would want the guy gone if he is willing to sacrifice money to stay here however he does need to be willing to sacrifice a decent amount of it if he wants to be a true redskin and help this team get better and re-prove he can be the healthy most dominant pro bowl worthy outside backer he was before he got hurt

You belong to that religion that thinks using punctuation is a sin, don't you...

:yawnee:

:yawnee:

Lavar says he did say those things but was misquoted. OOOOKKKKK.

Blondie

He is not a english major :doh:

You saw the interview and could see he was frustrated with the article and he didn't say he was misqoted in this article he said he was taken out of context. He was on a rant when he said he is tired of everybody misquoting him and trying to get a big story.

You saw the interview and could see he was frustrated with the article and he didn't say he was misqoted in this article he said he was taken out of context. He was on a rant when he said he is tired of everybody misquoting him and trying to get a big story.

I don't think she gets to see the interview where she is....

LOL.

Jeez, I can't imagine a paper like the Times doing something like that.

I totaly agree goldenster, like its not bad enough for us fans to go through this torment of waiting to get past the eagles for the playoffs, they gotta throw this supid sh*t in that I think guarantees me to be standing in the pharmacy line for a few nerve pills :doh:

If you go back and read the article it is suprising how few quotes there are for a stroy based on a supposed interview. We have no idea what was said. One quote is about how if the redskins cut him, he might retire. Well, if that we're surrounded by phrases like, I'm a redskin, and I can't imagine playing for any other team, then it's a little different isn't it?

The article just seems to me to be total garbage. None of the quotes are really damning. It's clear that he's upset, but he's a redskin, he knows it, and he cares deeply about this team. Nothing he has ever said has cast any doubt on that.

This is not why he tires me.

Have you noticed it is ALWAYS someone else's fault? ALWAYS.

NO MATTER what the issue.....he has an excuse.

THIS tires me.

Everyone has a thought on Lavar. Personally, he is a take it or leave it guy for me.

He just makes me tired.

Blondie

LaVar with the "wasn't me" defense. Classic.

He MADE the quotes he made. He SAID he'd not restructure his deal to stay here. Doubtless Elfin promised this would come out after the season. And, he promised $6.5 million in bonus I'm sure :).

I could believe that he was lead to answer the questions the way he did. It wouldn't be hard at all.

Reporter: "Lavar, earlier in the year did you feel wanted by the Redskins Organization?"

Lavar: "No, not at all. In fact I felt that there was no way I would be here next year and if that was the case there was no way I was going to redo my contract. But times are different now. I feel better about things now"

Reporter: "If you were not a Redskin next year would you consider being a Charger?"

Lavar: "If I was not a Redskin next year...? I could see that"

Reporter: Thinking to himself.... "Yes! This will be on the front page. Everyone will think Lavar hates it here"

We all know that the media loves to twist things. Let’s not assume until Lavar has a chance to give his side of the story.

La Var is the bomb!! QB Killa #56 is the best LB in football. LaVar is the QB Killa, just ask Troy Aikman!!!

The Washington Time just lied about LaVar because they are mad at Danny Boy for taking thier season tix!!!

LaVar is a Redskin for life. Why do people talk about him being traded? That would be like the Red Sox letting Johnny Damon go to the Yankees, or the Patriots letting Ty Law go to the Jets!!!

LaVar BLEEDS burgandy and GOLD baby! All he wants to do is crush the QB like he's been doing all year!

He is Mr. Redskin!

Go #56. Hail.

La Var is the bomb!! QB Killa #56 is the best LB in football. LaVar is the QB Killa, just ask Troy Aikman!!!

The Washington Time just lied about LaVar because they are mad at Danny Boy for taking thier season tix!!!

LaVar is a Redskin for life. Why do people talk about him being traded? That would be like the Red Sox letting Johnny Damon go to the Yankees, or the Patriots letting Ty Law go to the Jets!!!

LaVar BLEEDS burgandy and GOLD baby! All he wants to do is crush the QB like he's been doing all year!

He is Mr. Redskin!

Go #56. Hail.

Yes...very...uh...interesting.

Archived