Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar says he was "misquoted"....Wants to remain a Redskin and retire a Redskin

mcees4life

How long was his hold out on the "no comment" campaign with the news media early this season?? You know the old saying bad publicity is better than no publicity. Someone needs to tell him that doesn't apply to pro football. He's better off keeping his mouth shut, paying attention and play football. For God sakes keep your mouth shut!!!!

lavar is the man and he is a beast on the field. how big a difference makes over two years...everyone here would be going crazy about how good he is back then, but now that the media as manipulated yall, you do a total 180 on the guy. he is a true redskins thru and thru. you barely heard from him all year when he could have beat the hell out of someone like TO did. he knows that his role has dimenished but i think he feels fine with the situation, but like a star, he wish he had a more active role.

Your not serious are you?

Lavar was injured after the second game and played DE a handful of downs the end of the season. You remember last year don't you, when Gibbs and the Redskins rushed Lavar on to the field knowing his injury wasn't fully healed, causing his knee to be injured even more.

:eaglesuck :dallasuck :gaintsuck

No -- Lavar rushed Lavar to the field and then tried to blame the coaches.

lavar is the man and he is a beast on the field. how big a difference makes over two years...everyone here would be going crazy about how good he is back then, but now that the media as manipulated yall, you do a total 180 on the guy. he is a true redskins thru and thru. you barely heard from him all year when he could have beat the hell out of someone like TO did. he knows that his role has dimenished but i think he feels fine with the situation, but like a star, he wish he had a more active role.

If all that the article said was that he wanted to have a more active role then we wouldn't be hearing all this stuff, but I think that the most outrageous parts of the article were the quotes that seem to have been ripped straight out of week 5 news, as did most of the article... I personally believe that there was a new interview done for the more up to date quotes in the article but they were likely taken way way out of context, and that this writer was trying to stir up controversy where there wasn't any in an effort to either cause the team to tank or sell papers....

I will be watching this interview to see if he says the same things....

He was just on CHannel 9 and even re-iterated what he said in the article. He did NOT claim to be misquoted on 9.

So that's it eh? No comment on the fact that he has stated he was misquoted, just saying what he did in the article. Nothing else.

Why can't this guy just STFU and play football on Sundays for several million dollars a year.

Everytime he speaks all we hear is a bunch of biploar psychobabble that isn't asked for in his huge contract. All he has to do is play the game.

STFU and do that please.

Seriously.

Who can believe a word this guy says after flat out stating that he wants back in asap last year, and then blaming the team and coaches for rushing him back too fast. What a dumbass.

There is only one interview with Lavar, Comcast has it, Channel 9 has it, Channel 5 has it and Channel 7 has it as well. They all cut the clip and spun it the way they wanted it to sound. They all portrayed it as a distraction. No one on the team or coaching staff has said that it was a distraction. Joe Gibbs didn't even know about it until after practice. Lavar did in fact say that he was misquoted. He said that those were his quotes but the writer added his own spin on the article. It is all about spin. You can take any quotes and set the tone of an article.

It seems clear that Lavar is focused on the Eagles and focused on being a Redskin. He simply believes that the organization does not want him around at the end of the season. When you sit and think about it, does this really suprise you? He is probably just reading the writing on the wall? Never did he say that he is mad about it. He simply knows the reality of the world in which he lives. Who on this site would be suprised if Lavar is jetisoned at the end of the season?

Lets go get Philly and talk about all of this stuff on Feb 6, the day after the Redskins season ends.

LaVar: "Getting married was probably the best decision I've ever made in my life...I wake up happy to be married. Like most guys my age, I sometimes wonder if I really do love my wife like I say I do...but I cry whenever I think of living my life without her."

WT: Even though recently wed, LaVar Arrington questions the level of love he has for his new bride: "I sometimes wonder if I really do love my wife like I say I do," Arrington admits, although he is also quick to say he is indeed happy in his marriage.

Misquote?...Or taken out of context? And if you're his wife, does it matter?

I thought this was funny and deserved another mention.

You belong to that religion that thinks using punctuation is a sin, don't you...

:doh: my bad man i just kinda typed this up and threw it out there real quick.

i had to go somewhere and i just kinda rushed it and didnt even really notice i wasnt seperating different thoughts. I've been a LaVar fan his entire career but that article really killed a lot of my hype toward him. I gotta hope that somehow this article was out of context and that LaVar was just saying what he thought might happen and expressing his true feelings about never wanting to play for anyone else. Just a dumb mistake by someone that should know better I'm hoping but after all of this I can't see him here much longer unless the defensive players beg the coaches to keep him---I do think (through what they've said and how they react to him on the field) that his teammates love him and believe in him as well as look up to him even if some of them are better overall football players. With the way LaVar handled everything earlier this year and his interview on espn i gotta believe the guy was misquoted or something by the newspaper because I've never seen him handle any of his problems with anything but class and as a professional. I would love to have the guy back but at the same time he needs to take a big pay cut and earn it back if he wants it but i also think we can find ways to play without him just like last year if it can't be worked out....

I'm glad this is coming out... because with the interviews I've heard LaVar do on sportstalk recently and in the past, it's obvious things were taken out of context to me.

It's interesting that people are willing to side with the media but not back the player when he tries to come out and speak the truth.

Until proven otherwise, I'll give LaVar the benefit of the doubt.

The media sucks!!!!!!

So Lavar said he might retire...he wouldn't restructure..and he'd like to be a Charger all in one sitting???

doesn't make sense to me..

Right now the writer is an A-hole in my book..period.

Just a dallas fan at the Washington Times..let's leave it at that til after the season is over.

Bull**** media..Bul****!!!!!

Archived