Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar says he was "misquoted"....Wants to remain a Redskin and retire a Redskin

mcees4life

i havent seen brainwashing like this since...

dont drink lavar's kool aid, kids

its very, very bad for you.

i know coach gibbs hasnt drank any but some

of you clueless, naive fans have. R.I.P.

So true. It's unbelievable to me that Lavar has any supporters. Given his history here his credibility is zilch in my book. He's an over paid, underachieving, blame somebody else first, attention whore and that's it. He has the POTENTIAL to be a good pro but until he realizes what it's going to take to achieve that potential it's all hype. He won't be here nest year IMO if GW stays.

So true. It's unbelievable to me that Lavar has any supporters. Given his history here his credibility is zilch in my book. He's an over paid, underachieving, blame somebody else first, attention whore and that's it. He has the POTENTIAL to be a good pro but until he realizes what it's going to take to achieve that potential it's all hype. He won't be here nest year IMO if GW stays.

great talent but he needs a checkup from the neck up.

for his sake, he needs a new team and most importantly

a new attitude. if he doesnt change that, he might as well retire.

So that's it eh? No comment on the fact that he has stated he was misquoted, just saying what he did in the article. Nothing else.

He was leaving practice (Comcast Sports Net) saying that he thought the interview was a year end review article he'd be doing, not that it would come out only a few days after he gave it.

I don't know how he can say that with a straight face and honestly expect anyone to believe him. That's weak.

Eff him.

Who on this site would be suprised if Lavar is jetisoned at the end of the season?

Unfortunately, there continues to be a large segment of Redskins fans, who are in fact, 'specific player fans'.

Why would LaVar say these things? Player fans would say that he's just frustrated and will come around and re-structure his contract...all in contradiction to what he just said. :doh:

Frankly, had any player come out and complained this week about his contract or status with the team, I'd have judged him as a non-Redskin.

But with LaVar, this has been obvious for years.

By judging JG's reaction on video, I'd say LaVar is toast with the B&G.

But please, if anyone else cares to continue to make excuses for his selfishness and stupidity, please do.

As far as Lavar he has done some incredible things as a Redskins and now he has to learn to be part of the puzzle instead of the Center Piece. I am sure it was a blow to his ego to go from always being the dominate player and the scheme the defense is built around since Highschool and through College and even in the pro's to being part of a scheme were he has to stay in his area or lane instead of free lancing. this is a big change for him mentally and let alone as Rmasey he has seen many different coaches and schemes since becoming a redskin! I am sure he wants to be a redskin for life like he said and I am sure he is worried about not being here next year as he wants to be here and be part of a winner because he sure has not had that chance here. I am sure he will restructure if necessary, I am sure he does not want to be traded to San Fran or another loosing franchise and have to want for it to be rebuilt to win when he can stay put and win here and see a superbowl in the coming years, that is why he is afraid of being traded!

Enuff is Enuff LAVAR needs to GO! He's like an insecure housewife! With his silly quotes "no one pays attention to me anymore, i've seen it happen to other skins players now its happening to me" STFU and play some football! Notice how he always uses "HIS FANS" to fall back on.

HE IS A MAJOR DISTRACTION!

CAN HIS ASS!

"Hmmmm last year with him we gave up the 3rd fewest yards and 5th fewest points.......don't think the d was the problem"

whoops....we were what......5 and 11 last year? not a good example either. defensive stats don't mean *rap if you don't win. the defense obviously wasn't good enough for the offense we had.

Whether he was misquoted, taken out of context or whatever, I would LOVE to have him back next year and would LOVE to see him retire as a Redskin. The problem is that he would have to be willing to renegotiate or take some kind of cut for that to happen. I just don't think he will.

Unfortunately, with LaVar you just never know. :(

"How many more people are going to stand up for LaVar???? How many Superbowls and Playoff Apperances did he bring us????

Damn some of you really cant handle the truth."

errr...that's a logic that applies to every player on the current roster save for one or two. have you really thought this through?

As far as the article, I always find the truth is in between both sides story. I still wonder what games I'm watching on TV as far as Lavar goes. I believe he has heart and truly wants to win, but he is not the most football smart guy out there. He is a freak. He has been blessed with unbelievable athletic ability, but he has never been the best LB in the NFL. Actually, not even close. Sure, he makes the occasionally play no one else can, but he doesn't make the routine ones enough. He has never played to his ability. He is an above average LB. He made the Pro Bowl on highlight reel footage, not every down play. I also can't believe all the people who believe he was held out by GW because of ego or personal reasons. If he was better than Holdman, he would have been playing. The NFL is all about wins and losses. The coaches would have played him if it would have benefitted the team. He had a major knee problem. It takes a while to regain the speed, quickness, and agility for a player. Lavar relies so much on his god given talents to bail him out of mental mistakes. If his athletic abilities are lacking he is not a very good player.

"Lavar relies so much on his god given talents to bail him out of mental mistakes. If his athletic abilities are lacking he is not a very good player."

so you are saying you think he is slow on the uptake? stupid perhaps? not the brightest bulb in the in the display? hmmmmmmmm........got opinions in this regard for any other Skins players - or do you reserve such judgments for players with special qualities/profiles?

I didn't say stupid. I said football smart and not consistent. He doesn't seem to make his reads and react properly. Some of this could very well be his desire to make big plays rather than focusing on the little things each play. He could very well decide to hit the books and make the good play every down. He is no where near Ray Lewis, but he could be better if he would work on it. The defense is not much better with him in the lineup. It could be spectacular if he tried.

And yes, I have an opinion on every player.

Archived