Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many of you still listen to punk rock?

heyholetsgogrant

Originally posted by heyholetsgogrant

Meh I still think shows are fun, Hell what show can you go to for $10-25 these days?

I remember I saw Jawbox at the Kings Head in in Norfolk when I was 17... they were still with Dischord at the time. It was a hole in the wall place... the stage was actually just the corner of the room. that place was cool... always $5 at the door. A band can suck for $5... you're never out anything.

So anyways they put on a great show... halfway thru their set the pit got a little crazy and I got thrown into the 'stage'... took out the guitar player, the mic stand... everything :doh:'

pretty funny, actually. What was even funnier, like 6 months later they were on Conan O'Brien. It was pretty funny to see the band that I took-out play on national tv :laugh:

those were the days... going to shows all the time... wouldn't trade those memories for the world. Probably why I still listen to punk music... more for the nostalgia than the music anymore.

Me - very occasionally now though. I have a few songs of each on my iPod rotation....

Dead Kennedys. Circle Jerks. Misfits. Husker Du. Bad Brains. Black Flag. Sex Pistols. Clash. Bad Religion. Pixies. (I gotta dig out the Ramones stuff too - since I forgot about their political content :doh: ... and Fugazi, Buzz****s, Wendy Williams/Plasmatics, Cramps, Agnostic Front, GG Allin, too).

These days, I tend more towards big band and swing music - and standards. Calms me down at work when I am ready to MOIDAH my boss...

I feel so...old...all of a sudden. :(

Everyday.

I think Ive left a Dead Kennedy's CD in my changer for over a year now.

I'll avoid the Green Day ? on this thread.

But I still frequently listen to Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Ramones, and some more obscur stuff. Black Market Baby, Agnostic Front, etc.

Been playing Bad Brains for a day or two in my office.

Originally posted by T.E.G.

Fugazi fans - did you guys like Minor Threat also?

No one mentioned Rancid? Saw them at UC Davis lst year - $10 tickets...great show.

And Social Distortion!

Is it blasphemous to say I like Minor Threat more than Fugazi?

Originally posted by heyholetsgogrant

Just curious to see how many of you still listen to punk rock. Im still listen to the classics like minor threat, black flag, Dead Kenndys, 7 seconds, descendents, reagan youth, bad religion, the queers, ramones, et. While I listen to the newer bands like the unseen, Dropkick Murphys, NOFX, et

Just the Ramones, and the B-52's in the early years. Before the pop.

Originally posted by T.E.G.

Fugazi fans - did you guys like Minor Threat also?

No one mentioned Rancid? Saw them at UC Davis lst year - $10 tickets...great show.

And Social Distortion!

Minor Threat & Fugazi... like PB&J. Gotta have both.

Minor Threat for the raw energy, Fugazi for the polished sound.

my sister went to uc davis... I partied out there a few times. Some epitaph bands are pretty good... I always liked Bad Religion. But I always favored east coast hardcore...

Archived