Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Duck Tales Remastered

Zazzaro703

Oh. MY. God

I played this game over and over and over....always hated the space level

But the moon level music was awesome. Looking forward to the remaster of that for sure.

---------- Post added March-25th-2013 at 12:54 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6N0PzqF9gWY

The youtube tag has been disabled. Use the tag instead.

It looks really good, I'll definitely get it "for the kids".

Ah thank you.

NES games were hard as hell, this was one of them.

It's a shame they aren't still that hard. The younger generation of gamers is soooooo soft they get all the online games nerfed down to I win buttons and want everything with minimal effort. Kids shouldn't be allowed to play current gen systems until they log 2 years of NES to toughen them up. Where crappy controls were part of the game difficulty lol.

It's a shame they aren't still that hard. The younger generation of gamers is soooooo soft they get all the online games nerfed down to I win buttons and want everything with minimal effort. Kids shouldn't be allowed to play current gen systems until they log 2 years of NES to toughen them up. Where crappy controls were part of the game difficulty lol.

I don't even think the controls were that crappy for NES, it's just that some of the games were impossible. Has anyone actually beat Ninja Gaiden? No, because it's impossible to do so. I beat it in college with an emulator on my laptop and even while cheating it was hard as hell and took several hours.

Actually, one of the things that made Ducktales a really great game was that it wasn't impossible. Sure, some levels were difficult, but nothing that couldn't be mastered...I think there's a guy on youtube who basically has him going through all levels without even getting hit once. :ols:

The best thing about the game, other than the music and the very good (at the time) graphics, was all the hidden passage ways and secret treasures...you'd keep playing not so much to beat the game, but just to see if there were any other hidden secrets you hadn't found yet.

Anyway, great memories with that one.

I don't even think the controls were that crappy for NES, it's just that some of the games were impossible. Has anyone actually beat Ninja Gaiden? No, because it's impossible to do so. I beat it in college with an emulator on my laptop and even while cheating it was hard as hell and took several hours.

I actually i did my freshman year at JMU. Guy in one of the Ikenberry (My Dorm) suites had memorized the entire thing and all the boss patterns. It was probably one of the most badass displays of video game playing I've ever seen. Only took 2 hits the entire run and they were both in 6-4 right before the final boss fights although one of them knocked him back into a pit. Still, it was amazing especially the last stage where the screen is just chaotic with things that can kill you. Freshman year was fun great times. I say crappy controls because the best games like ninja gaiden, castlevania, mega man etc all had that stupid knock back *feature* when hit that you couldn't control your character while it got knocked backwards.

We should make this into an old NES game thread. We could post nostalgic memories (or questions) to see if anyone else remembers.

Going back to Ducktales, does anyone remember a gimmick (or maybe it was just a glitch?) in the Amazon portion of the game? It was near the end, you pogo-sticked on top of something and you climbed a vine to a hidden 'treasure' room with a bunch of rocks or blocks, but there was no treasure. You would pogo all the blocks and nothing appeared. However, I remember if you used the cane (instead of pogo) to knock all of the blocks, one of them changed into a weird object (kind of like one of the amazonian indians, but sorta disfigured) and when it crashed back to the ground, it changed to a glowing, white ball, or egg. Problem is, nothing else happened. Not sure if this signified something, or if it was supposed to be some 'treasure' or something else I missed...could never figure it out.

Anyway, Ducktales was made by the same folks who did Megaman (very similar style).

They also did Mickey Mousecapade. Anyone remember that? http://yotgr.blogspot.com/2011/10/mickey-mousecapade.html

I actually i did my freshman year at JMU. Guy in one of the Ikenberry (My Dorm) suites had memorized the entire thing and all the boss patterns. It was probably one of the most badass displays of video game playing I've ever seen. Only took 2 hits the entire run and they were both in 6-4 right before the final boss fights although one of them knocked him back into a pit. Still, it was amazing especially the last stage where the screen is just chaotic with things that can kill you. Freshman year was fun great times. I say crappy controls because the best games like ninja gaiden, castlevania, mega man etc all had that stupid knock back *feature* when hit that you couldn't control your character while it got knocked backwards.

That's impressive. But can anyone get to the end of Top Gun?

Well, I'll probably be getting this at some point, I loved the NES game. If anything though, this made me more nostalgic for cartoons and TV shows where effort was put into the intro songs. I mean, take your standard TGIF fodder like Growing Pains or similar shows. They had theme songs that could have been written for radio. The DuckTales song was awesome. And honestly, the singer sounds like he is THROWING himself into it.

Ninja Gaiden isn't all that hard; if it weren't for the dick move they pulled at the end (sending you back to stage 6-1 after ANY deaths during the final boss gauntlet, even if you have more than one life left), it wouldn't have anywhere near the notoriety it has.

Battletoads OTOH was fricking ridiculous. Took me FOREVER to beat that legit (no save states, warps, or cheats).

Ninja Gaiden isn't all that hard; if it weren't for the dick move they pulled at the end (sending you back to stage 6-1 after ANY deaths during the final boss gauntlet, even if you have more than one life left), it wouldn't have anywhere near the notoriety it has.

Battletoads OTOH was fricking ridiculous. Took me FOREVER to beat that legit (no save states, warps, or cheats).

That's exactly what made it hard though. Couldn't get the practice learning the boss patterns because you always ended up crawling in there with 4 health bars and no lives left due the absolute cheapness of 6-4. Birds dive bombing everywhere knocking you back into perfectly places pits lol. But you are right, a legit conquering of battletoads is a crowning achievement. I'd like to think if I sat down now and played for a month I could beat it, but I threw everything I had at that game in my teenage years and couldn't finish it. Probably scarred my brother for life because I would always berate him for bowing out on the motorbike level leaving me to fend for myself. Furthest I got was the stage with the big wheel you ride on like 10 levels in. That was the other thing about that game, it just kept going on and on and didnt get any easier at all. Great game.

Archived