Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Little FYI on Parking Passes for Sunday's Game

neilclarke

I spoke to a lady with the Redskins today who has knowledge of the parking situation. She was well aware of the parking fiasco last weekend and vowed it would be fixed this weekend. I asked her how the process will work with the PDF printed parking passes on Sunday. She said they will tear off a portion with the barcode and scan them at a later time to alleviate tying up traffic entering the stadium, similar to tearing off the bottom portion of our regular season parking passes. I then ask her what would prevent someone from making 20 copies and selling 19 of them to other people. She told me if someone does that, they would be charged for each pass that is scanned after collection from all inbound cars. She said they have the credit card number that was used to purchase the original and would charge the card for multiple scans if copies are made and distributed. I am positive there will be duplicates made and sold which leads me to believe that it's quite possible that there will end up being more parking passes printed than there are spaces available. Add in the fact that many people try to use multiple spaces for their tailgating parties, the parking situation Sunday may be a cluster F! I'm planning to arrive 3.5 hours early so hopefully I won't run into any problems. HTTR :point2sky

Or you could buy the passes on a prepaid card (like ones you can get at gas stations or grocery stores) and it would be impossible for them to charge the card...

(Just sayin')

Given the consequences of duplicate bar codes (multiple charges) and that there are bound to be errors, that is a good idea; wish I had thought of it. Next playoff game ... :-)

They usually tear off tabs from the parking passes? I've had green, orange, and blue parking over the years and I can't remember ever being stopped on Arena Drive for the tab from my parking pass. If they actually do stop every car and ask folks to tear off chunks of their print-at-home, the clusterfark is going to be the line waiting for the parking folks to do that, not the stacks of mythical counterfeits.

As it is, you could still buy green parking from the team TODAY at face value, so I'd be surprised if a meaningful number of passes sold in the (bloated) secondary market for this game.

I have the opposite concern: an easy parking lot and a stadium with thousands of empty seats because of all the tickets that didn't sell given the BS way the team handled the sale of extras.

Yep, although I'd still have a couple of worries about it. Their setup and user agreement is all set up to protect buyers, and (without having looked it it) I doubt there's anything in there to really cover a situation like this. It would be fraud and subject to criminal investigation, though, which could shake those records loose.

But there would be nothing really to stop a buyer with fake info and a one-time-use credit card from doing it.

It's as legit as you can get.

they say

Attempted permit duplication will result in the credit card on file being charged again.

If I'm driving to Kinko's to make a bunch of copies and I get into a car accident that prevents me from duplicating it, is that considered "attempted duplication"?

At what point does "attempted duplication" happen?

Will my card be charged just for writing this post?

Why did this complicated ****fest of parking just happen? There are less seats then ever in Fedex and now they decide to change the parking situation? And on top of that jack up the price.

No, the parking is just like that for the playoffs. Too hard to produce and mail 50,000 parking passes and 80,000 tickets I assume.

No, the parking is just like that for the playoffs. Too hard to produce and mail 50,000 parking passes and 80,000 tickets I assume.

How did they do it in 1999? I noticed that they were able to mail the Premium parking passes and tickets. I'm going to go with this way saves them money. They would have had to FedEx all those tickets and parking passes on top of printing them. That can't be cheap. I bet shipping fees alone cost them several hundred thousand dollars.

I posted this in another thread yesterday.....

I just called Click and Park; the company that is producing the parking passes. Their customer service number is (866)330-7275 option 4. I asked them what happens when a duplicate copy of a parking pass gets made. He said that the card would be charged multiple times. He also said that this DOES HAPPEN. He said that their policy is clearly stated on the pass and they do not issue refunds in that event.

This means two things:

1. If you want to bring friends just make a photo copy of the pass and collect the money from them.

2. You can never ever sell these passes to somebody that you do not know. (eBay, Craigslist, etc) This sucks for people like me that have two parking passes for this week that they cannot use.

How did they do it in 1999? I noticed that they were able to mail the Premium parking passes and tickets. I'm going to go with this way saves them money. They would have had to FedEx all those tickets and parking passes on top of printing them. That can't be cheap. I bet shipping fees alone cost them several hundred thousand dollars.

Honestly, I don't know. I didn't start going to games until 2003. My buddy has club tickets and yeah he has a physical orange pass.

In '99 they invoiced everybody three weeks in advance with the hope that we'd host both games. I think we had something like a week to pay. Everybody had to pay in advance for both games, or nothing at all, when in fact, we weren't even sure if we were going at all. The same thing happened in '97 when we didn't even make the playoffs. Everybody was invoiced in advance. The money was put towards the following season.

What happened in '99 is, I think the team was surprised/shocked by the number of season ticket holders who opted not to buy playoff tix. After all, it's tough to come up with all that money just before Christmas when you don't even know if you're going. So when the team learned they were hosting a game, the team was left with thousands of tix to sell in a short time. They then sold them to the public at face, plus a fee, of course.

In '05, nobody was invoiced because Gibbs felt it was bad karma to invoice for a game you didn't know you were going to host.

1. If you want to bring friends just make a photo copy of the pass and collect the money from them.

>> So would I be charged what I paid or some other amount + a Bull**** service charge as well?

Personally I can't see them trying to tear all these non-perforated forms. Once traffic backs up, I bet they just wave people though. I have a buddy who always come later and he said they have only torn his off maybe 1 time this year.

Wow, this sounds like it could get messy quick. What time is everyone else thinking about getting there? They say they're opening the gates at 11:30, but that seems a bit late to me. Think they'd open them early? Can you drink before parking (if the gates aren't open)?

Should be interesting watching the attendants tear off a barcode that's not perforated like the season parking passes are.

I'm going early. This will be a mess.

Me, too. I will be in line by 10.30... I want to avoid the cluster **** at all costs.

---------- Post added January-5th-2013 at 09:28 PM ----------

Wow, this sounds like it could get messy quick. What time is everyone else thinking about getting there? They say they're opening the gates at 11:30, but that seems a bit late to me. Think they'd open them early? Can you drink before parking (if the gates aren't open)?

You can absolutely drink on the road after everyone's parked. They just make a big line in front of some wood barricades and people get grills, coolers, etc out and start partying in the street. It's hilarious to watch everyone try to pack it all up once they do start letting folks into the lot... :D

Archived