Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: DC might swap FBI for 'Skins

frostyj

We’re well aware that you can trade players, and managers, for that matter. But can you trade a major professional sports organization for the Federal Bureau of Investigations? We may find out.

[/url]

According to NBC, Washington D.C. wants the Redskins back within the city. The problem is that the team’s lease at FedEx Field in Prince George’s County, Md. runs through 2027, seemingly locking the team in there for the immediate future.

However, an odd mutual solution to this conundrum may come from the fact that that the FBI wants to move from its headquarters, which is in fact located within the District of Columbia.

Under a proposed agreement that the two cities have reportedly talked about, Prince George’s County would let the Redskins out of their lease to move into a new stadium on the current site of RFK Stadium, in exchange for Washington supporting moving the FBI to Prince George’s County.

LINK

I wonder if it's just the cities talking or if the Skin's are in the mix too. I think it would be great to have them back in DC.

Hope this happens. Would be awesome to have the redskins play in DC again.

I dunno.

We could nickname RG3 "Big Government".

AlMo could be "the liberal agenda". (We're going to keep shoving it down your throat.)

It wouldn't work because big government means big problems.

I think it would great to be back in DC. For now, get field turf at fed ex. That field is embarrassing.

Nah, football was meant to be played on grass in the elements. Man against man against nature. If I had my way we'd have gopher holes that the players would have to avoid tripping over.

Okay, maybe not quite that far... but windmils and other mini golf obstacles could be fun.

I'm all the way in Cali...sooooo a new stadium to me is nothing more than a bragging point, but if i'm not mistaken....isn't Jerrah-World a thorn in Snyder's side & the only thing keeping us from #1 on the most valuable sports franchise list?

It is my understanding that he REALLY wants a new SOTA stadium to trump those paper lions in Dallas. I wouldn't mind either...especially if (as said earlier in the thread) they design it to keep the noise in. The louder, the better.

You know, something I thought of that might work. Some people have said that the feasibility of attaching a roof to Fed Ex is probably not doable, but what if you made a roof that covers the stadium and blends in, but is a seperate structure?

Are you saying balancing the roof on top of the stadium?

I think it'd be cool to have the team back in D.C. Especially if a new stadium was built on the RFK site.

Also, I wouldn't mind a dome/covered stadium of some sort with the field turf or something like it. It'd increase the chances of hosting a Super Bowl, hold the noise when the crowd gets rowdy and I think it'd help with the speedy team (overall) Shanny is building.

Nah, football was meant to be played on grass in the elements. Man against man against nature. If I had my way we'd have gopher holes that the players would have to avoid tripping over.

Okay, maybe not quite that far... but windmils and other mini golf obstacles could be fun.

Football is played for the chance to win a Lombardi. I could care less about the grass/elements. Not trying to be a jackass, but I just want to win. If an indoor/retractable roof stadium would help that, in any way, I'd welcome it.

Are you saying balancing the roof on top of the stadium?

No, imagine a structure built with support beams around the stadium, that covers the stadium, but is not actually attached. I'd love to see an artist's concept with an idea like that.

Imagine if the St. Louis arch was bigger, and there was a building built right underneath of it, but not attached.

This is a terrible idea from top to bottom. From the location, to traffic, to tailgating for starters. If you think traffic to FedEx is bad, this is going to be a nightmare! The tailgating experience will be ruined completely because of the location. The only upside is a closer metro, but I wouldn't mind walking half a mile from the metro to fedex. If the walk bothers you that much, there's plenty of pedicabs that will take you from the metro to the stadium. Higher prices for STHs is pretty bad too.

Thank god Dan has too much invested in FedEx, because this is not going to work out. Also, the Skins live & practice in VA, so I'm fine with MD having a piece of the Skins in FedEx.

Also, for those bringing up the Nationals, keep in mind that Nationals Park only holds 45K people, and traffic there is horrible, and parking is still limited. Imagine a stadium off of Pennsylvania Ave, that holds roughly twice as many people. There's a reason why the Gina's/Jets play in NJ and not Manhattan.

Bottom line: NIGHTMARE, don't do it!

Archived