Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who should be brought in as DC if Haslett gets fired(or promote Morris)?

RichmondRedskin88

Shanahan has already said that basically Has isnt going anywhere :(

For this season, anyway.

I like any of Spanos, Diaco, Vance Joseph (darkhorse) if we stick with the 3-4.

If we somehow move back to the 4-3 (unlikely) and Winston Moss doesn't find himself a HC job (also unlikely), he'd be my pick.

I don't blame Morris. The entire defensive scheme is horrible, there is no pressure up front, Morris has the worst personnel for a secondary in the entire league, and the 2 guys we brought in for depth haven't played a down. Everything starts up front. These days in the NFL its all about pressure and ANY secondary is going to get toasted if QBs can sit back there all day. Theres too much speed and rules favor WRs.

Haslett will be gone after this season and I think Morris will get promoted to DC. I think that's what would be necessary to keep him here.

With Mike saying Haslett isn't going anywhere, that tells me there's something more to the picture than whats being shown.

By all accounts, Haslett has done horribly bad, as his track record shows, but why does Mike still have faith that he will turn things around? If this is going to be an unbreakable leash between the 2, then Mike's sealed his own fate IMO.

Now Morris, well things aren't working out in his favor; if he's part of the reason, there's no point in keeping him either.

But PLEASE stop saying Rex Ryan is a great choice; his dad had a great defense, and to look at the Jets today, well they're not doing so hot on either side. He is a figurehead, a problematic magnet which will create more problems than anyone could handle.

Just switch back to the 4-3, at least more pressure will be getting to the QB, and go on a secondary hunt and try to attract any FAs out there...

With Mike saying Haslett isn't going anywhere, that tells me there's something more to the picture than whats being shown.

By all accounts, Haslett has done horribly bad, as his track record shows, but why does Mike still have faith that he will turn things around? If this is going to be an unbreakable leash between the 2, then Mike's sealed his own fate IMO.

Mike's just putting on the head coach face... Haslett is done after this year if not sooner.

Now Morris, well things aren't working out in his favor; if he's part of the reason, there's no point in keeping him either.

But PLEASE stop saying Rex Ryan is a great choice; his dad had a great defense, and to look at the Jets today, well they're not doing so hot on either side. He is a figurehead, a problematic magnet which will create more problems than anyone could handle.

Just switch back to the 4-3, at least more pressure will be getting to the QB, and go on a secondary hunt and try to attract any FAs out there...

Amen to the stop the Rex hype.

If we're getting a new Defensive Coordinator, I want someone who can sneak in some secondary players in their pockets and disguise them as our current group. That is the only way we'll get better with the personel we have right now and our cap issues.

Were we great on defense last year? No, but we were in games with a crap offense, and I doubt Haslett has simply forgot how to gameplan. Honestly, without a pass rush and any coverage, what would any great defensive coordinator do? If you give ANY NFL QB an average of 5 seconds to sit uninterrupted in the pocket and wait, you're gonna look like crap, and thats if you have good coverage corners and safeties. We've got neither.

He could "bench" Haz, let Morris or someone call the D.

I hope so man...****, let Kyle run the defense too. He can let Banks play safety lol

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 03:34 PM ----------

If you take bread and butter and **** and put it together it is still a **** sandwich. I don't care if you put it on a silver platter.

that just made me laugh out loud in middle of psychology lecture...

good point

Archived