Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

Skinz4Life12

I picked it up last night and played through a few levels already.

Up to this point in the campaign they've done a really nice job of restoring the sense of discovery and awe you got from the first Halo, with amazing graphics and detailed backgrounds that you'll examine for a minute or two. The score really drives it home.

The feel of the guns and vehicles has definitely changed a bit. They've got all new sound effects for them and they all feel more real. The new baddies are tough so far, and i'm only playing on normal. They're not your typical run of the mill henchman so far.

All in all i'm digging it and i've only put in a couple of hours.

after being disappointed with halo 2, i skipped 3 and odst. Got reach because a friend got it, then got anniversary edition, just to relive the original, and because it was only like 40 bucks. order 4 since friends have it. It'll be hard to juggle 4 and Blops 2 though. Last time I had a good month or so before MW came out, so by time it came out i was more or less done with reach. This time it's just a week. btw order it off amazon so still waiting for the ups truck to roll through the neighborhood.

Haven't played Halo since 3... I'm debating whether to get this or AC3. Both look good.

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I figure Halo will provide more bang for the buck with the multiplayer but I'd probably enjoy AC more as I'm not a huge Halo/FPS fan(though I do enjoy occasionally hopping online and shooting stuff up).

Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I figure Halo will provide more bang for the buck with the multiplayer but I'd probably enjoy AC more as I'm not a huge Halo/FPS fan(though I do enjoy occasionally hopping online and shooting stuff up).

My brother got both, said AC3 was good but got old quick. He's amazed by Halo.

Picked it up yesterday and its awesome. Like it a lot better than 3. Funny playing with people who have never really played Halo before.

If you are in a firefight with someone and they keep running backwards - never played halo

If you are in a firefight with someone and you both are charging each other in order to mele them - played halo. :ols:

Really like the loadouts, and also that they show on your map where the power weapons are. Haven't played the single player yet but so far def worth the $60.

My son and I bought ours last night, both of us played through a bit of the campaign. He's 11 and used his birthday money. :) I'm a big Halo gamer, haven't disliked any of them. This one is easily the best since the original. Unbelievable graphics, and the score and sound effects are top notch. Even the basic assault rifle sounds more realistic. Sounds like a 50 caliber machine gun. Haven't had a chance to play multi-player yet, I usually play through the compaign first...but everything I'm hearing is that it's fantastic. Completely new vision with multi-player.

Been playing since Halo 2. Multiplayer is really fun. I like the changes that they've made with loadouts and weapon placement around the map. Only problem I've had so far is in matchmaking. Tons of games are starting with uneven teams which doesn't make sense to me given how many people are playing.

I haven't played since 3, though did play Reach a couple times at a friends place. This Halo is amazing so far. Story is interesting, campaign is tough, and I'm just playing it on normal. Multiplayer is great, you can do slayer and its variations or other games, or you can play different missions with people.

Players can vote on 1 of 3 possible battle maps. Some CoD stuff incorporated, like occasional weapons drops, you have a couple different weapon sets you can choose from to start with. You can also switch up different boosts to shield or ammo, and you get armor boosts as well that vary, such as camo, or jet pack. The more you play and gain in levels, the more stuff you can unlock, so doing well helps you out big time in multiplayer.

VERY impressive graphics. Guns are similar, but new, same with vehicles, plus there's new stuff.

Overall I am enjoying this Halo a lot!

so what do you guys think of Promethean Vision? Played Multiplayer enough to unlock it earlier today, and then played a few games using it. I think it's great for getting the drop on players.

---------- Post added November-9th-2012 at 04:43 PM ----------

Been playing since Halo 2. Multiplayer is really fun. I like the changes that they've made with loadouts and weapon placement around the map. Only problem I've had so far is in matchmaking. Tons of games are starting with uneven teams which doesn't make sense to me given how many people are playing.

Interesting. I played for an hour and a 1/2 this morning and didn't have this problem. The XBox guide said yesterday they had a few problems with online play they were trying to get sorted out.

I have had the problem on occasion too where you start in the middle of a game already in progress, but only when playing big team battle.

Some of the multi player levels are good, some remind me of old levels (Ragnarok is Valhalla for example), but I think the Halo 3 levels in multiplayer were better, though that could change once I become more familiar with the levels.

I have had the problem on occasion too where you start in the middle of a game already in progress, but only when playing big team battle.

Some of the multi player levels are good, some remind me of old levels (Ragnarok is Valhalla for example), but I think the Halo 3 levels in multiplayer were better, though that could change once I become more familiar with the levels.

I don't think they used to force people into games already in progress. In Halo 3 for example if your teammates quit you would be stuck you against 4 people, so I think they're trying to diminish that in this one.

I've only played a few levels so far but of the ones I have i'm digging them. A singular one hasn't really struck me as 'the map' yet but I haven't played them all yet like I said.

I really like this game, especially the multiplayer. The weapons are very well balanced. It doesn't seem like one weapon is too powerful. My only gripe right now is the amount of times I find myself and someone else killing each other at the same time, whether it's a melee attack or "head shot." It happens way too often. Other then that, it's a fantastic game and very polished.

Archived