Major Harris

Pre-season rankings are out.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

1. Indiana

2. Louisville

3. Kentucky

4. Ohio Sate

5. Michigan

With three top 5 teams bball teams and an irrelevant football league, is the big 10 the new big east? :silly:

Top 25 has 5 Big 10, 4 ACC, 3 Big East, 3 SEC, 3 Big 12, 2 PAC 12, 2 Mountain West, 1 Missouri Valley, 1 Conference USA, & 1 West Coast Conference rep.

My 'Eers Didn't get a vote....hoping for a huggy miracle. :fingersx:

Michigan at 5 kind of surprised me. I had to look and saw they did get a 4 seed last year. I always loved how John beilein operated while in Morgantown. Other than constantly getting dunked on. Lol

Pre-season rankings are out.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

1. Indiana

2. Louisville

3. Kentucky

4. Ohio Sate

5. Michigan

With three top 5 teams bball teams and an irrelevant football league, is the big 10 the new big east? :silly:

Top 25 has 5 Big 10, 4 ACC, 3 Big East, 3 SEC, 3 Big 12, 2 PAC 12, 2 Mountain West, 1 Missouri Valley, 1 Conference USA, & 1 West Coast Conference rep.

My 'Eers Didn't get a vote....hoping for a huggy miracle. :fingersx:

Michigan at 5 kind of surprised me. I had to look and saw they did get a 4 seed last year. I always loved how John beilein operated while in Morgantown. Other than constantly getting dunked on. Lol

That surprised me as well. I knew they was most likely a top 15 or crack the top 10 this year. They had a good recruiting class this year(Glen Robinson's son is aboard) and also they return Hardaway Jr., and Burke. Also Al Horford's brother is coming back from injury. But yeah, #5 shocked me. They will be tested early vs NC State as State is #6.

• 4 weeks later...
Where have youb een
I wasn't able to sign in for several months. Honestly don't know if I was banned, or just issues on my end. But I couldn't sign in from my phone either. So I assume I was banned. And I know I'm from far an angel, but I don't recall making a post that was worthy of ban, around the time I couldn't sign in. Also, when I couldn't sign in, I still read the board from time to time and I recall forehead making a post about me not showing up on the member list anymore. Just glad to be back, man.

---------- Post added November-10th-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

State had a good season last year...had a GSU grad at my bar last night, wasn't happy they got beat by Duke. I, otoh, was happy.:D
Duke should be good, as long as the younger guys develop pretty fast. I honestly think Duke is better off without Austin Rivers. He just wasn't a very good fit for their system. He did his own thing, because he knew he was only going to be there for a year.

I wasn't able to sign in for several months. Honestly don't know if I was banned, or just issues on my end. But I couldn't sign in from my phone either. So I assume I was banned. And I know I'm from far an angel, but I don't recall making a post that was worthy of ban, around the time I couldn't sign in. Also, when I couldn't sign in, I still read the board from time to time and I recall forehead making a post about me not showing up on the member list anymore. Just glad to be back, man.

I remember our PMs about basketball last season, and hadn't seen your screen name in forever...glad you're still amongst us!

---------- Post added November-10th-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

Duke should be good, as long as the younger guys develop pretty fast. I honestly think Duke is better off without Austin Rivers. He just wasn't a very good fit for their system. He did his own thing, because he knew he was only going to be there for a year.

I love what he DID do, but if you don't have a degree, or at least try to get one, the point is moot. It's a great school, and I believe all scholarship players (and walk-ons, for that matter) need to make the most of their time there.

I don't remember if I shared a picture from the last trip...there was a tent set up in K-ville, with a sign that read "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by Rivers".:D

I remember our PMs from last season...glad you're still amongst us!!

I love what he DID do, but if you don't have a degree, or at least try to get one, the point is moot. It's a great school, and I believe all scholarship players (and walk-ons, for that matter) need to make the most of their time there.

I don't remember if I shared a picture from the last trip...there was a tent set up in K-ville, with a sign that read "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by Rivers".:D

I remember our PMs from last season...glad you're still amongst us!!

Thanks.:)

Already have 2 top 25 upsets with Florida state losing to South Alabama and UConn upending Michigan State. Maryland pushes Kentucky to the limit and we are officially off!

On the night FSU hung the "2011 ACC Champions" banner too. That was fun while it lasted.

Reliable Leonard Hamilton early season performance. Dumb fouls, dumber turnovers, and sad offensive efficiency. But the man recruits like hell, knows how to position FSU as spoilers for Duke and/or UNC, and it's a "football school" anyway.

If FSU can just make a respectable run in the ACC tournament and then make, and win a game, in the NCAA tournament, it'd likely be a solid year for the team. Especially with how UNC, Duke, NC State, and even Miami are shaping up this season.

On the night FSU hung the "2011 ACC Champions" banner too. That was fun while it lasted.

Reliable Leonard Hamilton early season performance. Dumb fouls, dumber turnovers, and sad offensive efficiency. But the man recruits like hell, knows how to position FSU as spoilers for Duke and/or UNC, and it's a "football school" anyway.

If FSU can just make a respectable run in the ACC tournament and then make, and win a game, in the NCAA tournament, it'd likely be a solid year for the team. Especially with how UNC, Duke, NC State, and even Miami are shaping up this season.

Its one game and this team has a ton of new starters and freshman. It'll take some time for them to find their groove but they'll be fine. Snaer is the only returning starter, with Miller and White the only two others who got significant playing time last year.

Cal just said "They're flopping all over the place, in the NBA they'd be suspended"

Called Duke out :ols:

Good on him for speaking his mind. Everyone who watches cbb knows that Duke flops. Everyone.

Too bad it didn't help him win. Maybe if he stopped trying to make headlines and started trying to win the game they might have had a chance.

They lost because of inexperience

Kentucky remains an extremely talented team and I was impressed by Noel last night. And not because of his 80's do.

I am not impressed by Duke. They will start off strong, get an inflated ranking they don't deserve, and end up losing in the tournament again. Plumlees have always been average, and on their best nights, above average. Seth Curry is okay, and they have a freshman guard Suleiman or something, he's okay. They are Top 10 but more towards the lower side, maybe 9 or 10. And they were reasonably ranked that at the beginning of the season, and that's where they should stay

If you don't believe me about Duke being so-so this year look at last year

Duke returns largely the same cast of okay players and I don't know if that's enough to win a championship or even win the ACC, considering NC State's strong moves in the offseason

Rough night for UNC. Think they were a little overconfident after their blowout of Miss St. Young teams will have off nights like that. I don't think we're a top 10 team right now anyway, probably somewhere in the teens. Still have work to do.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 10:09 AM ----------

http://deadspin.com/5962475/division-iii-basketball-player-scores-138-points-in-a-single-game

Jack Taylor is a 5-foot-10 guard at Grinnell College, and last night he scored 138 points in his team's game against Faith Baptist Bible. Division III ball is essentially a somewhat glorified high-school game, but still, 138 points! That's insane, and Taylor now has the NCAA single-game scoring record.

The ridiculousness of the feat really comes into focus when you take a look at Taylor's stat line. He was 52 of 108 from the field, 27 of 71 from three-point range, and seven of 10 from the free-throw line. Taking 108 shots may seem impossible, but Grinnell runs a notoriously fast-paced offense, and Taylor had some kind of hot hand. Or he's just kind of a dick.

Archived