Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Billy Cundiff Cut, replaced by Kai Forbath

Joe_328

Yes! Bye Cundiff, I wont miss you.

From Kai Forbath's wiki page:

'Kai signed with the Washington Redskins after Donald Trump called Mike Shanahan and told him, "Forbath is to football what I am to money. Moreover, Cundiff is to football what I am to having a personality."'

If it's on Wiki it must be true! :ols:

Personally, I think Cundiff was fine all year until Shanny made him try a 63 yard FG attempt. Since then, his mechanics were off.

It's like hitters who try to hit homers at the home Run Derby who have their swings thrown off. Its a big reason why sluggers avoind it. Cundiff was doing just fine but had to try and boot some ridiculous FG attempt and it screwed him up.

Personally, I think Cundiff was fine all year until Shanny made him try a 63 yard FG attempt. Since then, his mechanics were off.

It's like hitters who try to hit homers at the home Run Derby who have their swings thrown off. Its a big reason why sluggers avoind it. Cundiff was doing just fine but had to try and boot some ridiculous FG attempt and it screwed him up.

Cundiff missed that 63 yarder in Week 2. Hardly enough evidence to declare that he was doing "fine". But I see your point in the sense that there's no reason to shake a kicker's confidence with a nearly impossible kick.

a long kick doesnt mess up your mechanics, maybe a hamsting pull bit not mechanics, the dude flat out sucks, hes done in the nfl

Cundiff shanked an easy one in the preseason as well. First game we brought him in. SMH.

He's been a mess since the playoffs last year.

That's a load of crap. Dude is a PROFESSIONAL NFL kicker... he should have more mental fortitude than that (personally I think your premise is waaaay off base)

If what you were saying is true, pro golfers would never be able to hit wedges after hitting driver..

The guy should be able to kick fg's in his sleep, mechanics don't change from one kick to another, he should have insane muscle memory making the action pretty much automatic

Archived