Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homeland (tv show)

Bliz

Anyone planning on watching this Sunday on Showtime?

The guy who played Winters in Band of Brothers as a rescued POW after 8 years in Iraq or Afghanistan. Claire Danes a CIA analyst who believes he was turned. Looks interesting. Here's the extended preview

xqddY2sOk6U

I watched the pilot; it was well-acted. The lead dude was also in a short-lived gimmicky detective drama a year or so ago. I think it was called "Life." Danes was great. Same producers as 24, but what I am getting from the promos is that they somehow intednt to make the "is he or isn't he turned" and the "is she or isn't she mentally stable for her job" a continuing theme running for the length of the series. I may have that wrong. I hope so. I'm not real interested in seeing that theme on him being an ongoing plot-crutch for a long time.

I liked the pilot a lot. Well-acted all around, and I thought Morena Baccarin (sp? - the wife) was particularly good.

I'm not sure I see where it goes after one season though.

spoilers ...

Her reaction to seeing his scars, and the near-rape that followed...wow.

Vishal, I didn't get the impression at all that he didn't give a damn or was enjoying it. It seemed that way at first, when they only flashed a few of the punches, but he does break down and start sobbing uncontrollably (and comforted by Nazir) when it's done.

Oh man, Morena Baccarin has been a fav of mine since Firefly. It was like they KNEW what to show in that opening scene with here.Even when they made her look all weird in "V", I still was digging it.

Morena_Baccarin.jpg

HOWEVER....the Damian Lewis I think is an AWESOME actor.

From Major Winters in Band of Brothers, to Charlie Crews in "LIFE" on NBC and now Nick Brody....I just think he plays such cool roles. He's actually type of actor I want to see movies built around.

bobac_Winters21.jpg

Anywho...I liked the 1st episode. It can go so many different ways. The flashbacks in his head were intense. Who knows if they are even real. Danes character is good because she's "trying" I guess to do the right thing...but she also has her demons.

it was a good episode and i'm looking forward to the 2nd. i think it has great promise. I've been looking for the actors around town b/c it's largely filmed in Charlotte. The opening mid-east prison scene was shot in Israel. The citation ceremony for Brody was also at the aviation museum here in Charlotte.

I'm not sure I see where it goes after one season though.

I was thinking the same thing. I am enjoying the show so far, but it really is just a night time soap opera if you think about it. No action to speak of, and they always drop a bomb at the end of the episode. The one part of it that I am trying to figure out is where the "asset" is going to come into it. Claire Danes lying to her kind of pissed me off.

• 1 month later...
I was instantly hooked from the first episode and the story keeps getting better. Anyone hooked?

I've really liked it, but I have only one complaint.

Spoiler from 2 weeks ago (I haven't seen the most recent)....

I kind of got a "jump the shark" feeling from the show when she slept with Brody in the car, and then later at the cabin. I mean I get it, but at the same time, it let me down for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived