Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vote....Would you rather see running or passing?

martino

With Casey Rabach now playin center we can really get the running game on track. Rabach has the speed we been missing to pull on counter plays and open up lanes for Portis. Because of the ground game we had last year we owned the clock but came up short on points. This year we will own the clock again but we will score points. I LOVE IT. Here is to smash mouth football.:cheers: I hope we ram it down everyones throat. Especially Dallas. Does everyone feel the same way or would people rather see us go after WRs and become a passing team. Which would also maybe make Coles a little more happy.

Originally posted by RedskinzOwnU

well said Gfunk. Personally I like watching passing better, but big runs are fun too :)

bottom line i'll take the wins anyway we get them, as long as we can finally see the redskins dominate some teams consistently

Well I thought about putting 50/50 as a third option but I wanted to know if fans were like me and perfer to see the run heavey- waste the clock type of football we play.

Originally posted by Gfunk703

You can be pass heavy like the Eagles, or run heavy like the Steelers. Personally, I'd like us to have the ability to do both effectively like the Patriots.

Eaxctly. In the playoffs (if we make it) we need to be abel to do both. If the other team shuts down either the run or the pass, what do we do? To get to the next level, we need to both well.

This is actually a good question. Passing is more entertaining on an aesthetic level, but it can be beautiful to watch a perfectly blocked running play.

Ultimately, there's nothing more satisfying then watching a Redskins team march down the field with one run after the other, while the opposing defense has their hands on their hips after each and a look of total defeat in their eyes.

Originally posted by DeaconBlue

I want to see balance. I want us to be able to run when ever we want. I want the passing game to be effective when needed. They feed off of each other.

I totally agree. You need to be able to do both. If we are going to be a good team, and beat good teams, we need balance!

You want balance? The 1991 Joe Gibbs Redskins.

I want to see the modern incarnation of that team led by the new #11. I want to see Coles stay on the team and be this century's Gary Clark. I want Portis to run like Timmy Smith in Super Bowl XXII (OK, so that wasn't a 1991 team player). I want to see the Dirtbags become the talk of the town so we can stop reminiscing about the glory days of the HOGS (even though we will all continue to do so anyway).

I want to see Joe Bugel chain smoking on the sideline while flipping off the Dallas D-Coordinator!!!!!!!!!!

Portis is not a physical runner. Other than that he is great. I personally am not a huge Portis fan. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think this offense would be better suited with a different type runner. Now before you jump on me understand this is my own opinion and hopes he proves me wrong. Time will tell if Portis is a back who can withstand the pounding he will receive this year. I dont believe he would have been available if we would had made the playoffs this past year.

Portis will get his yards but will he be available and effective come late December and January. These are concerns of mine and right now I dont think Portis is the type of back we can depend on when Playoff time arrives. So right now I believe running will be our strongsuit during the regular season but we will have to pass our way through the playoffs.

Archived