Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vote....Would you rather see running or passing?

martino

Originally posted by Bozman777

Portis is not a physical runner. Other than that he is great. I personally am not a huge Portis fan. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think this offense would be better suited with a different type runner. Now before you jump on me understand this is my own opinion and hopes he proves me wrong. Time will tell if Portis is a back who can withstand the pounding he will receive this year. I dont believe he would have been available if we would had made the playoffs this past year.

Portis will get his yards but will he be available and effective come late December and January. These are concerns of mine and right now I dont think Portis is the type of back we can depend on when Playoff time arrives. So right now I believe running will be our strongsuit during the regular season but we will have to pass our way through the playoffs.

I used to think this way too, untill I remembered what Denver was able to do with him. They didn't need a "power back" or any of the other things you mentioned, Portis was the RB goal line to goal line. He got the yards and the TDs. He performs bigger than he is and can get those tough inside yards. Think, the next Curtis Martin. We just need the offensive line to come together. I don't care how big a RB is, any RB needs holes.

Archived