Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Obama Really this Bad?

Wrong Direction

Seriously, good for him for ordering the raid that killed Bin Laden. At least he got that part right. It seems like everything he's done since then has been an utter disaster. Do his people not discuss things before they go public? Let's see:

1. They refused to graciously give credit to members of the previous administration in his speech.

2. They said Osama was using a woman as a human shield, now they say he wasn't.

3. They said Osama died in a firefight, now that's debatable as there are no signs of weapons.

4. They said they'd release pictures, now they won't, and they have to tell 9-11 families no.

5. They said they watched the whole thing live, now there was a 25 minute lapse in video.

6. They said intelligence was gathered from Enhanced Interrogation Techniques, and agreed that term was a euphamism for Waterboarding, now they refuse to talk about how the information was gathered.

7. They turn their back on the pilot's sister as she's asking him to please support the agents who interrogated detainees.

Oh, and the unemployment numbers just jumped again, the debt is exploding, the dollar is collapsing and our economy is in a state of stagflation.

I seriously don't understand how an Administration can bungle the aftermath of one of the most important days in the last 10 years so badly. I think they should have put Seal Team 6 in charge of media relations too.

[Edit: I forgot to mention that the house of the attack is now a shrine and the sea where he was buried has been renamed by followers the martyr's sea. So much for the idea that we don't want to create a place of worship for the man. He has two!]

I saw this article after making my post. It seems I'm not the only one noticing. But dismiss it all you want.

They've succeeded in bungling this huge story, discrediting themselves in the process.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/04/obama-administration-takes-victory-lap-in-clown-car/

and another...

http://www.bookwormroom.com/2011/05/04/the-obama-administrations-cloud-of-confusion-explained/

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 05:15 PM ----------

Are some really this pathetic? That we kill America's #1 enemy and they have to search and struggle to find ways to downplay and rain on the president's accomplishment? Our country's accomplishment?

Are some so pathetic that they can't see an international PR nightmare when it hits them in the face?

Are some really this pathetic? That we kill America's #1 enemy and they have to search and struggle to find ways to downplay and rain on the president's accomplishment? Our country's accomplishment?

Yes, like I said yesterday - it's kind of appalling that I have to question whether some people dislike the President almost as much as they hated OBL.

It may be ridiculous, but all of this stuff has had me seriously questioning it.

1. They refused to graciously give credit to members of the previous administration in his speech.

It doesn't really bother me.

I don't care.

3. They said Osama died in a firefight, now that's debatable as there are no signs of weapons.

Again, I don't care.

4. They said they'd release pictures, now they won't, and they have to tell 9-11 families no.

I don't recall them ever saying that they would release pictures. I can see why they wouldn't thoughl.

5. They said they watched the whole thing live, now there was a 25 minute lapse in video.

We won't ever see the video and it doesn't bother me one bit. Nobody cried that there was no video when Hitler was killed.

6. They said intelligence was gathered from Enhanced Interrogation Techniques, and agreed that term was a euphamism for Waterboarding, now they refuse to talk about how the information was gathered.

Again, I don't remember the administration saying this at all.

7. They turn their back on the pilot's sister as she's asking him to please support the agents who interrogated detainees.

I don't know what you mean with this statement.

Much of the points that you state above don't really matter to me. Like somebody else stated, that is nitpicking. I'm not going to nitpick what gets released or even how they got OBL. They got him and probably got him damn good at that. I don't care to see the remains, video evidence or anything of the like.

I'm a simple person, I'm just happy he's dead. Maybe that just makes me dumb.

You're all right. The story hasn't changed one bit. No lies, half truths or flat out speaking out of their touches. Nothing about the stories they've released raises any doubt at all. The rest of the world are all American Democrats, so they'll just be happy with whatever final story the administration comes up with. No questions asked.

I'm glad you all were as gracious to W.

You're all right. The story hasn't changed one bit. No lies, half truths or flat out speaking out of their touches. Nothing about the stories they've released raises any doubt at all. The rest of the world are all American Democrats, so they'll just be happy with whatever final story the administration comes up with. No questions asked.

So, was the point of this to get someone to applaud W for this? Or to compare them?

Because, this is pretty much the silliest thread in the history of the tailgate at this point... which says quite a lot.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/05/official-1-killed-bin-laden-raid-armed-firing/

Sources involved in the operation that took down Usama bin Laden told Fox News the terrorist leader acted "scared" and "completely confused" in his final moments, "shoving his wife" at the Navy SEAL who ultimately shot him.

The information helps clarify the conflicting details about what exactly happened toward the end of the 40-minute raid on bin Laden's northern Pakistan compound. Sources who were part of the mission said bin Laden acted in a "cowardly manner" when confronted. Fox News has also learned that while bin Laden was unarmed, he was standing near the door within reach of two weapons -- an AK-47 and a Makarov handgun that are now in U.S. custody. The handgun is a 9mm semi-automatic Russian pistol, standard issue in the Russian military until 1991.

I'd say it has more to do with the media reporting unsubstantiated "facts" before the actual facts come out, over and over and over. Just like the media does with anything.

So, was the point of this to get someone to applaud W for this? Or to compare them?

Because, this is pretty much the silliest thread in the history of the tailgate at this point... which says quite a lot.

This has very little to do with W. The aftermath of the great attack is disconcerting though.

It's only silly because you disagree.

Just because you don't understand the fog of war, and are dumb enough to think that anonymous leaks and speculation in the immediate hours after a massive covert event are "official administration statements" doesn't mean that the rest of us have to be equally dumb.

But you shouldn't let your stupidity make you all butthurt too. That takes it a step too far.

I'd say it has more to do with the media reporting unsubstantiated "facts" before the actual facts come out, over and over and over. Just like the media does with anything.

This could be the case, but it's also a case of several administration officials putting their foot in their mouths...especially Panetta.

---------- Post added May-5th-2011 at 05:34 PM ----------

Just because you don't understand the fog of war, and are dumb enough to think that anonymous leaks and speculation in the immediate hours after a massive covert event are "official administration statements" doesn't mean that the rest of us have to be equally dumb.

But you shouldn't let your stupidity make you all butthurt too. That takes it a step too far.

So when Panetta said they'd release the photos and said EITs were used to get the intelligence, they were anonymous leaks?

Archived