Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Ryan Mallett Thread

Jofizz

He's as big as a house. Those first two throws were terrific, and even though the third one was off, he looked like he totally ignored the rush.

~Bang

The first play of the game should have been a TD. He zinged that ball on a frozen rope 30 yards but the receiver let it slip.

The first play of the game should have been a TD. He zinged that ball on a frozen rope 30 yards but the receiver let it slip.

It sure was a nice throw. The second one was a dead strike too, with pressure coming.

~Bang

I hereby anoint you the president of the Mallett Hater Club!!

Well I don't call myself a hater, I'm more of a realist when I watch him play. I see a pocket passer and not a good fit for our team. I'm not saying he's a bad QB that's not what I'm saying or have been saying at all about him, I've stated though that he's not a good fit for our offense

He's not mobile though and that's a huge drawback for the offense we run where we like more mobile QB's who can rollout and make plays outside of the pocket, while Mallett is more of a straight pocket passer QB

scouting report..

..."the SEC signal caller possesses a cannon arm, one capable of making every NFL throw in the book…and some that aren’t. Mallett can get the ball into windows in coverage with an ease that most quarterbacks can only dream of. However, the Arkansas product is not all arm strength; he possesses light feet and excellent footwork for a man his size

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2012-Big-Board/Ryan-Mallett.html

He's not mobile though and that's a huge drawback for the offense we run where we like more mobile QB's who can rollout and make plays outside of the pocket, while Mallett is more of a straight pocket passer QB

You and anyone else who says Mallett isn't mobile enough for this offense can answer this: How mobile is Matt Schaub? He's the definition of immobile, pure pocket passer and he thrived in Kyle's offense.

I am impressed with his presence in the pocket with the rush coming. He's standing tall and keeping his eyes downfield.

I felt the 3rd down play showed he does get rattled at times when the pressure comes he's someone who doesn't like any pressure at all and when he gets pressured doesn't reset his feet and it leads to some bad throws and you'll see it tonight when Ohio State gets pressure on him.

Have to say that was one nice throw by Mallett there for the TD

You and anyone else who says Mallett isn't mobile enough for this offense can answer this: How mobile is Matt Schaub? He's the definition of immobile, pure pocket passer and he thrived in Kyle's offense.

Matt Schaub is very underrated because the offense that is run in Houston is a mix of what Kyle and Gary developed and it led to a lot of roll outs and plays outside of the pocket and Schaub thrived in that along with his great arm strength he had

Archived