Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aarrgh! Comcast SportsNet

bluedog20166

NFL Network was advertising the Skins game at 10 PM last night. This is great because They are real HD, real wide screen and the sound quality is fantastic. Imagine my (not so) surprise when last night NFL Network went to another game instead of the Skins, forcing me to switch to WRC (Channel 4) where the game was broadcast in high def, but on a narrow screen or to get wide screen you have to go to Comcast SportsNet where the picture is good, but the sound quality was like the game audio was being broadcast from inside a tin can.

Thanks to everyone responsible for this debacle. Thanks for the best possible viewing experience from the comfort of my home.....

wow you're kinda picky lol

I do know what you mean. It's frustrating as hell when oyu have your game watching environment all setup and the TV just wont cooperate in one way or another.

That said when i was young my parents wouldn't let me stay up to watch late games so i brought down their old black and white tv and the rabbit ears that went with it and spent my night huddle over a muted, flickering, scrolling, tv with rabbit ear held over my head just trying to watch the end of a skins game lol

You really don't have it so bad. You should try living in Iowa where everything Redskins related is blacked out on CSNMA. Doesn't matter if it's Redskins nation, Redskins Pregame, Postgame, etc. Why is it so wrong for a guy in Iowa who pays for the channel to see the programming they offer? I've went through and watched all the other NFL team related shows on the other regional CSNs and they're never blacked out. ONLY Redskins shows.

why was channel 4 broadcasting it in HD but not widescreen? i couldn't understand that.

Comcast has been advertising that they are the official HD home of the Redskins preseason, or some such nonsense. I think they have an exclusive deal to show the live games in HD, so NFL Network switched it out in our region and NBC was stuck showing it either in SD or non-widescreen.

You really don't have it so bad. You should try living in Iowa where everything Redskins related is blacked out on CSNMA. Doesn't matter if it's Redskins nation, Redskins Pregame, Postgame, etc. Why is it so wrong for a guy in Iowa who pays for the channel to see the programming they offer? I've went through and watched all the other NFL team related shows on the other regional CSNs and they're never blacked out. ONLY Redskins shows.

uhh...Iowa sucks

:beavisnbutthead:

I live in Vegas, and had set my DVR to record the game on NFL Network on DIRECTV. Well I like to be able to skip the commercials, so if I am home, I let it record for a bit before I start to watch it. I did turn it on to verify that it was actually being shown, and it was, so I paused it and made a sandwich, and took care of a few things. When I finally began watching the game again a msg popped up briefly after the opening kickoff that the game was blacked out in my region because it was on a local channel. I switched to the local channel and it was now towards the end of the first qtr, so I lost about 10 minutes of game time right off the bat. Then while in HD both Spanish and English broadcasters could be heard. Talk about distracting and headache inducing, hearing two sets of announcers in 2 different languages. They kept switching back and forth from HD to non-HD and trying to fix the problem, by halfway through the 2nd qtr they gave up and just left it in non-HD. Frigging Amateur hour.

I noticed this as well. The production quality and sound quality were poor at best.

They seem to do very well with Caps games wonder why the Redskins games suffer. I have also noticed this kind of thing on there other content, but again never withs Caps games (which I do appreciate since I am a Caps fan).

Hopefully they can make some improvements. I do feel for fans living in other areas, while I was in Kentucky at college for a couple years I couldnt watch a Skins game to save my life. I would have to go to a bar or ignore all TV and wait for the tape of the game my girlfriend (now wife) would send me. HTTR

Aaaarggghhhhh.

Some guy just walked up to me and gave me $5,000,000...but it was all in fives.

Yeah, that's a relevent analogy.

No one walked up and gave me my HD TV, Directv didn't give me the HD package or the DVR, or the service, I paid for all of those with my own money, from my own job that I leave my family to go work every day.

I noticed this as well. The production quality and sound quality were poor at best.

They seem to do very well with Caps games wonder why the Redskins games suffer. I have also noticed this kind of thing on there other content, but again never withs Caps games (which I do appreciate since I am a Caps fan).

Hopefully they can make some improvements. I do feel for fans living in other areas, while I was in Kentucky at college for a couple years I couldnt watch a Skins game to save my life. I would have to go to a bar or ignore all TV and wait for the tape of the game my girlfriend (now wife) would send me. HTTR

I don't get why this is such a mystery. It is a 4th preseason game. A crap game that generates zero revenue for the station airing it. Thus, they put absolutely no effort into the production quality, they just throw it out there. Obviously when the season starts, they will put on a proper show in full widescreen HD.

The Cardinals booth was soooo annoying to listen to via NFL Net.. Ontop of the delusional views they had, a few plays Im sure they thought they were in the superbowl (and winning).. The announcers voice going up 3 octaves like a little girl.. I guess I know how the other teams feel if they get stuck listening to JoeT call a game.. lol

In NC, I got the game on the NFL network, but it was the Cardinals Broadcast. Whoever it was on there was terrible. Didn't even know the rules of the game and didn't even call the plays right. I had to stop watching it as so bad.

Whoever it was probably wasn't as bad as Sam Huff last night.

"Since when did holding become a ten yard penalty?"

Well, I did get the game on NFL net last night in HD. The Cards announcers were awful! So I tried to find Sonny/Sam on Sirius. They didn't have them (I subscribe to Sirius mainly for this). So .. I turned down the TV sound and listened to Sonny/Sam on the cpu.

Weird thing .. during the season I can always sync Sonny/Sam on Sirius with the game in HD on TV with the DVR. I can usually get it perfect a few minutes into the first quarter, and then don't have to make any adjustments at all for the rest of the game. But last night, the radio kept getting out of sync with the game on TV. Sometimes by as much as 2 minutes. Then, about two series later they were back in sync. It was almost like the radio (on the 'net) was TiVo'ing the game and delaying it here and there so that they could play more commercials. Several times, they played these 5 minute commercials of the "Mike/Mike Show" that I thought they had actually dumped the game and went to Mike/Mike permanently. I hope this doesn't continue this season, or I will dump Sirius (after about 5 years of doing this every Sunday)!

Archived