Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN - Roy Williams not ready to lose starting job

HapHaszard

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4668268/roy-williams-not-ready-to-lose-starting-job

Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams can't wait for the 2010 season.

He's coming off a dismal season in which he caught only 38 passes for 596 yards and seven touchdowns. Williams will tell you he would like to skip the organized team activities, minicamps and training camps and he's ready to start the 2010 season today.

It doesn't work that way.

The Cowboys drafted Dez Bryantin the first round not only as a wake-up call to Williams but also for Miles Austin and the other wide receivers on the roster.

Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd have requested trades from the organization and have missed numerous voluntary workouts at Valley Ranch.

Williams isn't worried about Bryant, and hopes the rookie's addition improves the offense.

In fact, despite the high praise Bryant received during rookie minicamp a few weeks ago, Williams doesn't believe he will lose his starting job.

"I know people are thinking he's going to come in and take my spot and all that mess," Williams said. "It's not about that. I don't think that's going to happen anyway. I embrace the challenge. I think he's going to come in and help this football team win three more ballgames."

"I'm going to look at this thing as I'm the man, like I've always been," Williams said.

click on the link above for the full article

That's funny that Crayton was the #2 guy a few years ago and now they drafted Bryant to bump him all the way down to 4! That guy's never going to see the field anymore! Although I think he looked better than Roy did last year so who knows? Hopefully this turns into a big mess that cripples the cowgirls next year

The most interesting part of the article has nothing to do with Roy, but with Hurd and Crayton. Is that just speculation or are they really looking to be traded? It would make sense now that they'll likely be pushed down the depth chart, but this is the Extreme SPeculation Network we're talking about.

Archived