Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thread I saw on another message board: Will Tim Tebow be President one day?

SkinsHokieFan

LOL. Born to American parents. He is as natural born as anyone.

My question is how smart is he? His SAT scores were pretty weak, as I recall.

I am trying to think in the context of 30 years from now.

The guy could start to work on things politically in terms of understanding economics, foreign affairs etc. If he is has hard working as people say he is, and open to advice, he could make some strides.

"Smart" isn't always better in leading :). Recall a certain Simpons episode :ols:

So you don't have to be born in the U.S. to run for president?

Nope. You need to be a "natural born citizen." That means that you need to be a citizen on the day you are born, not a naturalized citizen. The children of American citizens are automatically citizens, wherever they are born. Children of non-Americans are automatically citizens if they are born in the USA. Either way works.

By the way, John McCain was born in Panama.

The previous president was not an idiot. Don't kid yourself.

Tebow apparently got below 900 on the SATs - on his second try, after prepping heavily for the test. That's pretty awful.

Is that 900 on the old 1600 scale, or 900 on the new 2400 scale?

Please tell me the 2nd one, because that would be much funnier.

Nope. You need to be a "natural born citizen." That means that you need to be a citizen on the day you are born, not a naturalized citizen. The children of American citizens are automatically citizens, wherever they are born. Children of non-Americans are automatically citizens if they are born in the USA. Either way works.

By the way, John McCain was born in Panama.

Yeah, I edited in a link a couple posts back. I guess I learned something new here. :cool:

So, no loop-hole for Ahhhh-nold ?

Archived