Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do people hate on players that the media over-rates ?

Mickalino

There is so much hate spewed towards players who the media seems to be in love with and glorifies, which makes no sense. The player has little or nothing to do with the attention the media gives them, so why hate on the player himself, and not the media ? A few examples, and probably more : Tim Tebow, Brett Favre, Tom Brady.

I know a lot of the hate towards Favre, was because of his indecision about retiring, but I give him all the slack he needs, because retiring is a major decision, that will affect your health and wealth for the rest of your life. Plus, how many times have each of us changed our minds about our career. I see that the hate towards Favre is dwindling now that he is lighting it up. But still, the question remains, why do fans typically take it out on the player, when it's usually the media that "over-rates" them ??

In the meantime, fans seem to drool over players begging for attention themselves, like Chad Johnson.

So, that's all HIS doing. Yet another contradiction.

I don't find him funny. I find his actions childish and stupid.

Favre did all that to himself. He just needs to make a decision and stick with it. Stop holding everyone hostage.

The rest I don't know. Maybe people are jealous because they wish those players were on their teams? I'm a huge Tyler Hansbrough fan but couldn't stand Tebow or JJ Reddick. All 3 of them are kinda the same player. Just happened that I'm a UNC fan and Hansbrough was a big reason they were good.

Tom Brady to me appears on camera to be a complete prick. He seems incredibly arrogant and stuck on himself. Anyone that comes off like that deserves what he gets and that's ignoring that he QB'd teams that most likely cheated to win those championships. I don't like it when I see NFL officials going way out of the way to protect him and at the same time let our QB get beaten to a pulp with worse hits. Did you see last nights game? Do you think the NFL is not aware of ratings? Why didn't they call a personal foul last night on the deciding play in Arizona when a lesser known QB had his helmet obviously pulled and there was an easy facemack penalty to call? He fumbled as a result of that non call and Arizona won the game. To me it's simple, to the richest go the spoils. Aaron Rogers doesn't equal ratings, Kurt Warner and his retirement tour does. The NFL had every reason to want the Cardnials to win to setup Kurt Warner vs. Drew Brees because it's a ratings boom waiting to happen. The NFL plays favorites with it's puppets with guys like Brady all the time. The media's told who to pump and who to dump to help along the show. It's all an act. The only thing not in the NFL's control is the outcome of the games and when you have a team like the Ravens go into New England and dump the NFL's poster child it should be celebrated. The Ravens won one for the good guys. But what was the first thing I heard on ESPN radio this morning on Mike and Mike? Them saying "Don't worry fans, it takes 2 years to come back from Brady's injury, yesterday was a fluke" What a bunch of bullcrap.

I don't like it when I see NFL officials going way out of the way to protect him and at the same time let our QB get beaten to a pulp with worse hits. Did you see last nights game? Do you think the NFL is not aware of ratings? Why didn't they call a personal foul last night on the deciding play in Arizona when a lesser known QB had his helmet obviously pulled and there was an easy facemack penalty to call? ...... The NFL plays favorites with it's puppets with guys like Brady all the time. The media's told who to pump and who to dump to help along the show. It's all an act.

Again, this part is not Brady's doing.

Rather than the media, in the example I gave originally, it's the referees and the league, according to your comments, and not the player. So still, the player does not deserve the wrath that fans give him.

And as for him "coming off as a prick", is that because of things he actually says ? Or just the appearance of his manners ? Because if it's the latter, it's quite possible you're misconstruing the apparent impressions he gives, and not his actual words.

Again, this part is not Brady's doing.

Which is why I said in the beginning that on camera the guy comes off in interviews as a prick. That is Brady's doing because it's his personality in those interviews.

So no it's not just the media, it's not just the NFL or the referees. It's Brady. Take someone one else like Payton Manning. In his interviews he doesn't come off like a prick, he comes off as a nice funny guy. I have no problem with Manning and I sure wish he were on our team. So hating someone just because they aren't on my favorite team doesn't hold any water for me. Tom Brady by his comments in interviews comes off as a fricking prick because Tom Brady is a fricking prick.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP_tYErI-tw

Listen to him speak. That to me screams prick

I don't hate the players at all. I hate the overhype.

Kobe Bryant is a perfect example as well as LeBron James. People are afraid to compare their potential greatness to the great players of old. I have no qualms about putting both of them in the top ten of all time at this point.

Ravens Defense...Yesterday they were amazing, but overall they are not even close to being as good as the defense they had when they won the Superbowl.

Tom Brady and the Pats were booed by their fans yesterday. Stay classy Boston. Stop making excuses for them. They simply aren't as good as they were, and were overrated on top of it.

their fans yesterday. Stay classy Boston. Stop making excuses for them. They simply aren't as good as they were, and were overrated on top of it.

Red Sox season starts today for the majority of those fans!

And Mick, I like Chad Johnson because I find him entertaining. Plus he's ridiculously interactive with his fans. Not many athletes will give away lunch to 100 fans and join them for the meal just because he thought it would be fun.

I blame ESPN - if they didn't promote Tebow/Favre/Brady to godlike status - most people wouldn't hate them.

The problem is the way we view the world now.

ESPN has 9 or so networks that are on 24 hours a day? It also has a radio division.

It needs to fill this time.

The choices are Trent Dilfer, billiards or poker.

For some reason, enough people watch Trent Dilfer to make it worthwhile.

In 1983, your NFL experience outside of games was a half hour with Brent Musberger and Irv Cross followed by three minutes at half time with Howard Cossell.

Overexposure.

It's the same reason people tend to hate a song or movie after a few months - despite liking it when it first comes out.

I blame ESPN - if they didn't promote Tebow/Favre/Brady to godlike status - most people wouldn't hate them.

Overexposure was implied in my original question - the question is why does overexposure cause people to retaliate towards the player, and not the ones applying the overexposure.

And I don't think it's fair to compare it to songs.

Songs are things, not people.

People like Tom Brady and Tim Tebow, are human beings, and not things.

So Tebow and Brady have feelings, too.

People like Tom Brady and Tim Tebow, are human beings, and not things.

So Tebow and Brady have feelings, too.

I don't need media over-exposure to hate those two. I've hated them since I laid eyes on them. It was a natural, organic hate. The kind of hate you can buy at Whole Foods.

Seriously, I want nothing more at this point than for Tim Tebow to be found in a seedy hote room in Daytona Beach with a needle in his arm and a trans-gendered hooker passed out next to him.

I've even written a song about how happy that would make me.

It's called "I Wish Tim Tebow Liked Heroin and Hookers with Penises."

I don't need media over-exposure to hate those two. I've hated them since I laid eyes on them. It was a natural' date=' organic hate. The kind of hate you can buy at Whole Foods.

Seriously, I want nothing more at this point than for Tim Tebow to be found in a seedy hote room in Daytona Beach with a needle in his arm and a trans-gendered hooker passed out next to him.

It's called "I Wish Tim Tebow Liked Heroin and Hookers with Penises."[/quote']

Hater.

I bet you hate me too.

I don't need media over-exposure to hate those two. I've hated them since I laid eyes on them. It was a natural' date=' organic hate. The kind of hate you can buy at Whole Foods.

It's called "I Wish Tim Tebow Liked Heroin and Hookers with Penises."[/quote']

Hahahhahah :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That's pretty much my feeling on Brady. Screw him, his attitude sucks. I don't know that much about Tim Tebow outside of him doing this over and over again

tebow316.jpg

At risk of turning this into a religious topic I think that religion and football should be seperated and I don't like seeing this. If this is the kind of person he is then I question his motivation and intellect. I really hope this isn't coming to the Redskins

Tom Brady and the Pats were booed by their fans yesterday. Stay classy Boston. Stop making excuses for them. They simply aren't as good as they were, and were overrated on top of it.

The Pats fans had every right to boo them yesterday. First play of the game, they basically allowed Rice to go 83 yards untouched for a score. They completely self-destructed in the first quarter. That game was basically over halfway through the first. The Pats were awful. Even Brady had no problem with them booing.

I don't know that much about Tim Tebow outside of him doing this over and over again

[/img]

At risk of turning this into a religious topic I think that religion and football should be seperated and I don't like seeing this. If this is the kind of person he is then I question his motivation and intellect. I really hope this isn't coming to the Redskins

I don't see any problem with it whatsoever.

If players are forced to wear branded sponsor's wear on them, what's wrong with them showing such a minute extension of their conviction. It's hard to believe someone could be offended by something that's about a half inch wide, under a helmet. So it's not like anyone is even forced to look at it.

If that's an issue, then why don't people make an issue about players praying on the field after games, and while guys are laying injured on the field.

Celtic fans are def diehard. Not sure how you can say they aren't.

They are not at all. I lived in Boston for 3 years and Hartford for 2. I have been with a woman from Boston since '96.

You couldn't find a Celtics fan. Once Garnett was signed they started to come out of the woodwork.

Even the Pats fans are BS. They chanted "bring back Bledsoe" at a game that I went to VS. The Bills and Bledsoe.

Bandwagon jumpers.

Archived