Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why do people hate on players that the media over-rates ?

Mickalino

I don't see any problem with it whatsoever.

Think of it another way, what if the player isn't Christian and instead is a wicken or a satan worshipper and displays those signs on his eyes? Would you still feel that expressing religious views were ok to you? My point about this is I don't think religion regardless of my own views belongs in sports. Yes it's always been there but I don't think it belongs.

If players are forced to wear branded sponsor's wear on them, what's wrong with them showing such a minute extension of their conviction. It's hard to believe someone could be offended by something that's about a half inch wide, under a helmet. So it's not like anyone is even forced to look at it.

I watch Football to see the games, not to see someones religious views. If the TV cameras pan on the players faces if this offends me I turn away. Why do TV sponsors want to see people looking away from games. During the Flordia Alabama game I swear I must have seen the cameras point to Tebows face at least 5 times in the broadcast so it's not like you can get away from it. Why should one religious view that's popular be acceptable to show while others aren't? I'd prefer to separate the two completely. If you want church, go to church.

If that's an issue, then why don't people make an issue about players praying on the field after games, and while guys are laying injured on the field.

Religion has been associated with sports for years and years. It's a very important part of people's off the field lives. I have no problem with that or with any view points on the topic. I am just aware that not everyone shares those viewpoints and because of that I don't think it belongs in sports. Praying is one thing I am most comfortable with because it is a religious act shared by many people who feel the same way with the meaning in your example that they want the injured player to not be seriously hurt. Painting John 3:16 on your face isn't. To me that screams drama queen and attention whore.

Archived