Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Driving Around Today In the DC Area (post dallas)

DButz65

Last week there were dallas flags and colors everwhere i looked... but I didnt see ONE cowboys flag or car magnet ANYwhere while driving around today, i was loving it, fairweather/bandwagon fans hehheh

Listening to the John Thomson show today they were talking about the same thing they are magicians, poof they are gone lol

anyone else notice this today?

HTTR!

Last week there were dallas flags and colors everwhere i looked... but I didnt see ONE cowboys flag or car magnet ANYwhere while driving around today, i was loving it, fairweather/bandwagon fans hehheh

Listening to the John Thomson show today they were talking about the same thing they are magicians, poof they are gone lol

anyone else notice this today?

HTTR!

I saw one cowboys flag. Hell this was better than last monday when i saw about 15+ cowboys jerseys on campus @GMU.

I was just telling my buddy the exact same thing. I swear the last three weeks I would see 20 a day. Today, haven't seen one yet.

On the flip side of this, how many more Skins flags have you seen today? A lot more I'm sure. I feel like if the Redskins won the super bowl I would be so pissed at all the "fans" that appear, that I couldn't even completely enjoy it.

I havent seen any more than usual to be honest, but the difference is we dont jump ship after a loss like they do.

I was just telling my buddy the exact same thing. I swear the last three weeks I would see 20 a day. Today, haven't seen one yet.

On the flip side of this, how many more Skins flags have you seen today? A lot more I'm sure. I feel like if the Redskins won the super bowl I would be so pissed at all the "fans" that appear, that I couldn't even completely enjoy it.

Before the game, I couldnt go anywhere without seeing any, and any time I saw them I talked trash. I saw some trying to sneak around in Dallas jerseys immediately after the game, they got heckled to.

But today I only saw one guy at the Metro in a R. Williams jersey. I kind of embarrassed him, but nobody can tell that he didn't ask for it.

I spend my days in Capitol Hill on both the NE and SE sides.

It's usually about a 55/45% ratio of Redskins to Cowboys merchandise featuring car flags, stickers, t-shirts, jerseys, etc.

Last week was almost 50/50 by Friday, but yesterday I saw only one guy wearing a Cowboys t-shirt. I didn't even feel like heckling him. Hell, any fan who wears their colors after a loss like that must be a true fan.

I have lived in 4 major cities in my life and I have never met so many supposed Cowboy fans...interestingly however is if the Cowboys have a poor outing or aren't "in it" at the end, playoff time, their allegiance shifts in a nano second.

Me? I wear my ST jersey and CP jersey and boy have I taken my lumps over the years..:) This feels awesome not to deal with the contant ribbing this year. I mean man we have team on both sides of the ball this year.

I've often wondered if the reverse is true in total down in Dallas. I've always heard that the Skins are the second most popular team down there (like the Cowboys are here), but I wonder if there are as many Redskin fans in Dallas as there are Cowboy fans in DC. And if they're as much of an obnoxious presence to the home fans as the Dallas fans are in this area.

I don't have any visible Cowboys fans around here where I live (Thank GOD), but I do have my share of Ravens fans.

All I saw yesterday was Purple and Black, but nothing this morning.

I wonder why? :D

I have my Redskins flag hanging from my front porch from the day training camp opens until the day after the Pro Bowl.

It hangs there win or lose.

You can’t same the same thing about the Rat Bird fans. :D

Archived