Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phillip Daniels vs. Jason Taylor

ucfSKINS

For those of you out there that need some reassurance about the trade.

This is from NFL.com. I searched the front page and used the google

search thing as well, didn't see it.

If it needs to be moved, please do so.

Tried to copy the image, but it came up all busted, like Jessica Simpsons face heyooooooooo.

Ok, that was uncalled for. But check it out.

And for future arguments with certain poke fans (VCD, THA, etc.)

its a pretty useful tool.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/headtohead?player1=DAN576866&player2=TAY338550&player3=null&player4=null&position=defender&playerOne=Phillip+Daniels&playerTwo=Jason+Taylor&playerThree=Select+a+Player...&playerFour=Select+a+Player...

OH MAN...I didn't know that PD had more assists...what a stupid trade

hahahahaha. yeah, i know i'm gonna get some **** like this. but I think it was a fine trade given our situation.

the thread is more for those who are freaking out about it, as the above poster lol j/k

:dallasuck Lets just get him into camp and get him settled in. I just hope we stay under the radar again this year. The only difference now is the poke fans will be talking just that much more trash. But hey, they gotta win one in the post season before they can say anything to me.

No comparison really. Shocker. Question is, can he play the LE spot and really help out in run support. People are going to run AT him not try to get around him, so we'll see. I'm of the belief that Taylor is a versatile guy and can help stuff the run, but some believe that he hasn't kept his weight up and has lost a few lbs. That can get turned around within a 6 week span though. That's all it takes for these guys to put on mass if they're not eating up all of the fuel on hot summer days :paranoid: We'll see what he looks like in the preseason. We'll know by then what he's going to be like in this system. He can cover Backs and TE's for the most part too in certain packages b/c of his quickness, so he's going to be moved around out there, I know that. Offenses will have to account for him on every down, and that instantly makes Griff and Carter's job, as well as young Montgomery's job too, a lot easier. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

HTTR

i love daniels and wish him a speedy recovery, but we definitely upgraded at the position.

Tried to copy the image, but it came up all busted, like Jessica Simpsons face heyooooooooo.

and while i hate Romo sits to pee, i wouldnt call this busted....

jessica.jpg

No comparison really. Shocker. Question is, can he play the LE spot and really help out in run support. People are going to run AT him not try to get around him, so we'll see. I'm of the belief that Taylor is a versatile guy and can help stuff the run, but some believe that he hasn't kept his weight up and has lost a few lbs. That can get turned around within a 6 week span though. That's all it takes for these guys to put on mass if they're not eating up all of the fuel on hot summer days :paranoid: We'll see what he looks like in the preseason. We'll know by then what he's going to be like in this system. He can cover Backs and TE's for the most part too in certain packages b/c of his quickness, so he's going to be moved around out there, I know that. Offenses will have to account for him on every down, and that instantly makes Griff and Carter's job, as well as young Montgomery's job too, a lot easier. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

HTTR

i agree with you here loudmouth. being a pure passrusher is a whole different ballgame compared with having to support the run game as well. it will be interesting to see what taylor weighs when he gets in the door and what the coaches and training staff will have him playing at. i imagine they will want him at 260 like he was when he won dpoy.

Looks like a push in terms of performance. However, I firmly believe the JT will have plenty of sacks here. Even if he just gets pure pressure on the QB that is WAY more than what we've had here for awhile. Andre Carter AND JT are going to have really good years. I just hope that we are able to keep up our ability to stop the rush.

Anyone know how does JT play against the run??

if we can get double digits from JT and double digits from carter, who should be a different player now with a real threat on the other side, we could be a force...

there was one team last year with two players that had double digit sacks: the giants

The thing I will miss most about Daniels are the batted balls. He seemed to bat balls down in every game. Hopefully JT can do so and get to the QB a little more often.. Defense is definitely better with both JT and AC in there, that is for sure

That is incorrect. Cowboys' Ware and Ellis both had double digit sacks. 12.5 for Ellis and 14 for Ware.

I didn't know ware and Ellis were DE's :rolleyes: Coulda sworn they were LB's!

I think JT will work out pretty good here, and a lot of people said AC wasn't good on the run when he got here, and I honestly don't think he is that bad, nor do I think JT is that bad, but a few more pounds on him would help out some for sure.

And I don't think I'll ever be able to refer to him as "Taylor", it will probably always be JT :laugh:

Keep in mind though, the dolphins were so bad last year that the D was always on the field, so Taylor had PLENTY of time to boost some stats.

You are TOTALLY wrong with this statement here. The dolphins defense gave up the most yards last year against the run. While on the pass defense end, The Dolphins lead the league in thsi category as well, but it was with the fewest pass attempts against.

Simply put:

Teams could run against the phins last year so they did.

Teams didn't need to pass against them.

Teams cannot run against the skins.

They need to pass.

Last years Team Def stats(ranks(32))

Pass attempts agaisnt/game:

Dolphins 25.6(32nd)

Redskins 37.6(3rd)

Rush yards against/game

Dolphins 153.5(32nd)

Redskins 91.3(4th) 3rd in ypc

Archived