Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you guys feel about Marty Booker?

#21Taylor4Ever

The Dolphins released nine players Monday, including Trent Green, Marty Booker, and DT Keith Traylor.

The new sheriffs in town (Bill Parcells and GM Jeff Ireland) aren't wasting any time. Green hopes to play football again, but hasn't received medical clearance. He could resurface in Baltimore or St. Louis as a backup. Booker is still a solid pro; he was just overpaid. Other released 'Phins include T L.J. Shelton, T Anthony Alabi, T Joe Toledo, T Marion Dukes, and DT Marquay Love. Feb. 11 -

3:07 pm et

Source: MiamiDolphins.com

I realize we have Mix, Espy(if he's healthy), Keenan, and Reche, but Booker has some big play potential along with his big frame and nice hands. If we can get him cheap, how do you guys feel about grabbing him to start with Moss and ARE?

I think Reche's number 3. And that Espy's the heir apparent to Keenan's spot. I say draft one receiver - ONE. If you're going to bring a guy into the offense, you'd better make sure he's gonna get the ball. I don't think Marty would get the ball very often - don't forget about Cooley pwning people from the TE position.

I don't think we need him, in short.

I guess what Im thinking is that guys like Hackett and Berrian will want a nice sum of money, while Booker will play for peanuts just to get back into a uniform. He's 31, so I wouldnt say he's OLD, old....afterall we do have Keenan and Thrash.

We're going to need every dollar available to sign our 1st round pick AND Jared Allen, so maybe snatch up a veteran WR like Booker and draft Sweed.

The Dolphins released nine players Monday, including Trent Green, Marty Booker, and DT Keith Traylor.

The new sheriffs in town (Bill Parcells and GM Jeff Ireland) aren't wasting any time. Green hopes to play football again, but hasn't received medical clearance. He could resurface in Baltimore or St. Louis as a backup. Booker is still a solid pro; he was just overpaid. Other released 'Phins include T L.J. Shelton, T Anthony Alabi, T Joe Toledo, T Marion Dukes, and DT Marquay Love. Feb. 11 -

I realize we have Mix, Espy(if he's healthy), Keenan, and Reche, but Booker has some big play potential along with his big frame and nice hands. If we can get him cheap, how do you guys feel about grabbing him to start with Moss and ARE?

We should be mimicking what Parcells is doing and being, to build thru the draft.

I guess what Im thinking is that guys like Hackett and Berrian will want a nice sum of money, while Booker will play for peanuts just to get back into a uniform. He's 31, so I wouldnt say he's OLD, old....afterall we do have Keenan and Thrash.

We're going to need every dollar available to sign our 1st round pick AND Jared Allen, so maybe snatch up a veteran WR like Booker and draft Sweed.

I would prefer Bryant Johnson to any other receiver on the FA market this year. He'll be 27 in Sept. He has size at 6'3 215lbs. has good speed and real good hands. The thing I like that he does real well is he run real routes which has become a lost art in today's NFL. Even being overshadowed by Fitzgerald and Bolden he has still put up at least 35 catches and 1 TD in every season his played. Plus he won't demand a huge salary. I thought we only signed Caldwell and McCardell to 1 year deals each, maybe I'm wrong.Yeah, I went and check Caldwell and McCardell are FA's this year his o

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS

Ethan Albright, LS

Albright completed his seventh season in Washington. Solid and steady, Albright played in 16 regular season games for the 12th consecutive season. Quality long snappers are not always easy to come by, so re-signing the 36-year-old Albright could be a priority.

Ryan Boschetti

Boschetti completed his fourth season as a Redskin, but he saw action in one game last year. Few players are as energetic and gung-ho at practice as Boschetti, but he was not able to crack the lineup.

Reche Caldwell

Down the stretch, Caldwell emerged as a reliable target for Todd Collins, particularly on third downs. Signed two days after the regular season started, Caldwell learned the offense and was a contributor, finishing with 15 receptions for 141 yards.

Rock Cartwright, RB

Cartwright has handled kickoff return duties for the last two seasons and remains a key contributor on coverage duties. He had a 25.8-yard kickoff return average last season and was second in special teams tackles with 36. Cartwright may not be the speediest of returners, but he is quick to identify and charge through holes.

78508219coll3.jpgTodd Collins (Getty Images) Mark Brunell, QB

After three seasons as a starter, Brunell took a back seat last year. He was a backup to Jason Campbell and Todd Collins. The 37-year-old QB did not see any game action and he could be considering retirement.

Todd Collins, QB

It was a whirlwind month of December for Collins, who took over for an injured Jason Campbell and led the Redskins on a four-game winning streak. He completed 67-of-105 passes for 888 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions to close out the regular season. Was it enough to earn a starting job in free agency, even at age 36? He could return to the Redskins if there's promise of a training camp competition.

Rick DeMulling, OL

DeMulling originally signed with the Redskins in Week 3 after Randy Thomas went down with his triceps injury. He saw limited action during the regular season.

Jason Fabini, OL

Fabini joined the Redskins last offseason and was expected to be a key backup. Instead, he was an invaluable starter at right guard when Randy Thomas and Jon Jansen went down with injuries. Fabini played in all 16 games and helped the Redskins to the 12th-ranked rushing offense.

Derrick Frost, P

Frost's NFL career has been marked by bouts of inconsistency, but in 2007 he turned in his best season. He had a 41-yard punting average last season, good enough for 18th best in the league last year. His 36.4-yard net average was 21st in the league.

Randall Godfrey, LB

Godfrey, a 12-year veteran signed in training camp, was a backup most of the season, but he stepped up as a starter for Marcus Washington and Rocky McIntosh when they were sidelined with injuries. Godfrey logged 32 tackles and two forced fumbles as a reserve. He was mulling retirement last offseason, and could consider that an option again.

Brian Kozlowski, TE

For the second year in a row, Kozlowski was signed midseason by the Redskins. He served mostly on special teams, seeing occasional action at tight end. Last year, he grabbed one pass for five yards. He is 37 years old.

David Macklin, CB

Macklin was signed as a nickel cornerback last offseason, but it appeared he was passed on the depth chart by Leigh Torrence. Macklin, an 8-year veteran, was inactive most of the season, seeing action in two games and recording five tackles.

PrioleauSafetyDWplow.jpgPierson Prioleau (Don Wright Photo) Keenan McCardell, WR

McCardell joined the Redskins on Oct. 1 to provide 16 years of veteran experience to the wide receivers corps. He ended up playing in 10 games and catching 22 passes for 256 yards and one touchdown. At age 37, McCardell could consider retirement, but he still has skills to continue playing.

Pierson Prioleau, S

Prioleau has been an invaluable reserve for the Redskins and has experience playing both safety spots as well as special teams. He had 38 tackles on defense and 16 special teams tackles.

Mike Pucillo, OL

Pucillo entered the 2007 season as a backup interior offensive lineman. Part of his job was taken over by versatile Lorenzo Alexander, who saw an increased role due to injuries. Pucillo ended the 2007 season on IR with a back injury.

Omar Stoutmire, S

Stoutmire, an 11-year veteran, had two stints with the Redskins last season, including late in the year. He saw limited action as a reserve.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENTS

Nehemiah Broughton, FB

It was a disappointing 2007 for Broughton, who suffered a knee ligament injury during off-season work last year and was placed on IR. The 5-11, 255-pound fullback has had limited NFL experience, so he will have to prove he's healthy this offseason and earn a roster spot. Shaun Suisham, K

Suisham was solid in his first full season as an NFL kicker. He kicked two game-winners, both in overtime. But in the Redskins' Wild Card playoff game at Seattle, he missed a critical 30-yarder. For the season, Suisham was 29-of-35 on field goals.

ur entire Free Agent lists from Redskins.com

6th or 7th round? HA! You think any team's gonna make another "Colston mistake?" :D Monk wont last past the 4th round IF that far.

His projection is 6/7 round at nfldraftscout.com. He's coming off a 2 knee injuries, didnt play the first 8 games and wasnt 100% in the last 4 he played. Which is why his stock is down.:silly:

His projection is 6/7 round at nfldraftscout.com. He's coming off a 2 knee injuries, didnt play the first 8 games and wasnt 100% in the last 4 he played. Which is why his stock is down.:silly:

That's awesome.

Well... I'm mean... for us.

I'd be happy with Monk.

But I'm going to officially start plugging Adrian Arrington with our 3rd or 4th round pick. Dude has the size, hands, and athleticism. There is plenty of room on-board!

Um, well, maybe.............NO!

If you have watched him the past few seasons, he has been inconsistent to say the least.

And I believe he changed his name to "Dropsy McGee"

I feel the same way about Booker as I do the majority of players that people start threads for when they hit free agency:

This doesn't require it's own thread. Seemingly every player that hits free agency has a thread started for them.

Booker wouldn't help us out. Either get a rook or stand pat. Our receivers now could do damage in a WCO. No need to confuse things by signing a mediocre receiver who's upside over Brandon Lloyd is he actually puts the work in.

Archived