Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bears fans beware

Passizle

He was the QB that got them to the SB. Regardless of the fact that the defense was the main reason of that, you can't call him the worst QB of the modern era since he accomplished that. Tim Couch comes to mind as a worse QB. Akili Smith. Ryan Leaf. Cade McKnown.

He was the QB that got them to the SB. Regardless of the fact that the defense was the main reason of that, you can't call him the worst QB of the modern era since he accomplished that. Tim Couch comes to mind as a worse QB. Akili Smith. Ryan Leaf. Cade McKnown.

The defense and Hester giving them good field position got them to the SB.

Yesterday, they compared him to Peyton Manning after 23 starts and Grossman had better numbers. And similar numbers to Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb and better numbers than Drew Brees. The only thing he has to do is cut down on stupid mistakes, like that interception. And he also had less fumbles last year than the Golden Boy Tony Romo sits to pee (9 to 8). As long as he makes less mistakes, he'll be fine.

The defense and Hester giving them good field position got them to the SB.

Let me rephrase, he was the QB of a team that went to the Super Bowl. I did say in the post that it was the defense that got them there. Either way, and I did see the game last night, he is still not the worst QB of the modern era. Tim Couch was worse, plain and simple as were the others I listed. I will agree with the possibility of being the worst QB of a Super Bowl team ever....though Tony Eason may give him a run for his money

"Quarterback Tony Eason, in his third year in the NFL, was inconsistent during the regular season, completing 168 out of 299 passes for 2,156 yards and 11 touchdowns, but also 17 interceptions. "

Last point...I don't disagree with you ...Grossman does suck

I have a friend in our Fantasy Football league, and I asked him if he really thought the Bears had a chance or were going to win the SB against the Colts and he said yes. I told him, we have played in 5 SB's, I've seen 4 and the only one I realistically thought we wouldn't win was the Denver SB.

I knew we'd beat Miami, I REALLY thought we'd pummel the Raiders and the Bills game was in the bag.

Grossman needs to cut down on the mistakes. That's obvious. If he does, I could see him being a decent QB. The problem is, he is making mistakes in the fundamentals - like the exchange from center. Those are things a guy has to be able to master before he can take control of an offense.

Archived