Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowher goes to Washington for 2008 ?

burg&gold4life

Mr. Cowher goes to Washington?

Prediction: Snyder will lure former Steelers coach

Posted: Thursday January 11, 20073:38PM; Updated: Thursday January 11, 2007

You have got to read this, made me lmao ! Go Dan !!

OFFICIAL: Welcome to Redskins Park here in Auburn, Va. Before we get started with our business here today, we would like to once again thank the great Joe Gibbs for returning to the Redskins for four more years of meritorious service. I know we are all recovering from his moving farewell press conference yesterday. But we all must make new beginnings, and we are pleased to introduce our new head coach, Bill Cowher.

COWHER: Let's get right into the questions.

QUESTION: Coach Cowher, in coming back from retirement, you had several offers to choose from. Toward the end the Cowboys were pushing for you pretty hard. Why did you choose the Redskins?

For the rest of the article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bill_syken/01/11/scorecard.daily/index.html

In all seriousness if/when Gibbs was to leave who would you rather have coach our team? I can't think of anyone besides Cowher. He would bring us back to the glory days :laugh:.

This is my first thread , I hope it doesn't suck :silly:

This could very well come to pass. There is no salary cap on HC's. No one will outbid Snyder for Cowher's services if he is available and Joe Gibbs decides to step down either next year or the year after.

I like Cowher's personality and he is still relatively young. However, now that he's getting a taste of retirement, I'm not so sure about how long he'd stay committed to coaching his second time around. After Gibbs leaves, I'd rather us take our chances on a good coordinator. Of course, I don't know if our present FO has the brains to do anything but go after the big name.

I hate to say it but unless we have some awesome year then its time for gibbs to hit the road......never thought i'd say this but I would welcome Cowher with open arms,I think we need a coach that has some flare to him instead of one that seems like a stone statue.......

Why does everyone get their panties in a twist over cowher. He won 1 SB and went to another in how many years in Pittsburgh? He is a good coach, but he isn't necessarily guaranteeing us a SB.

How about we just wish for a well run organization in 2008?

Feel free too but i'm close to getting off the gibbs bandwagon.......

do what you must. but be advised, Joe Gibbs doesnt have a bandwagon. the man drives a steamroller. roll with it or get crushed. stick around acme boy and see what happens this season.

do what you must. but be advised, Joe Gibbs doesnt have a bandwagon. the man drives a steamroller. roll with it or get crushed. stick around acme boy and see what happens this season.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

P.S. That was the lamest piece of journalism I've ever read. It was a joke that has been made about 3 million times that they stretched into oblivion and tried to pass it off as original. We'll all just give him a pat on the back, a gold star and send him back to his comedy lab.

Archived