Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowher goes to Washington for 2008 ?

burg&gold4life

Guest Rafterman
Gibbs has a 5 year deal and will honor the deal. If Synder wanted Gibbs gone before that, he would have to can him. I don't think Synder will do that.

As for post Gibbs- everyone assumes its Gregg Williams or Al Saunders. Al Saunder is old and will be even older then. Gregg Williams is an egomaniac that I think will be even more of disaster than he was in Buffalo.

Synder though loves big names and should Cowher be available in the post Gibbs era; no doubt he will pursue him. I would prefer the next coach to be one of two choices:

1. Russ Grimm

2. Any other young up and coming coach.

As for Cowher- my gut tells me- he will be the Panthers next coach. Guys already in Charlotte and the Panthers will probably flop again next year.

:rolleyes:

Grimm hasn't been offered a HC postion in 15 years of coaching, think about it.

Yeah right, ya da, ya da, ya da.

Bottom line, you are living in the past.

No one wanted to see Gibbs succeed more then I did. Fact is, he's a part time HC in a league that demands ones full time attention.

you keep saying "part time" i dont know where you get this but you sound like a fool. no one puts in more time than Gibbs. get lost.

If it wasnt for the Elway broncos and the Brady paitriots Cowher would have like 4 super bowls cuz those are the teams he lost to in those AFC championships and those were darn good teams i can understand, losing to those teams aint bad at all, cuz u and i know if da steelers would have pulled them off they wouldve crushed whoever they played in the super bowl..

yeah well if it wasnt for bacon i would have had sausage for breakfast. dumbest argument ever.

Mr. Cowher goes to Washington?

Prediction: Snyder will lure former Steelers coach

Posted: Thursday January 11, 20073:38PM; Updated: Thursday January 11, 2007

You have got to read this, made me lmao ! Go Dan !!

OFFICIAL: Welcome to Redskins Park here in Auburn, Va. Before we get started with our business here today, we would like to once again thank the great Joe Gibbs for returning to the Redskins for four more years of meritorious service. I know we are all recovering from his moving farewell press conference yesterday. But we all must make new beginnings, and we are pleased to introduce our new head coach, Bill Cowher.

COWHER: Let's get right into the questions.

QUESTION: Coach Cowher, in coming back from retirement, you had several offers to choose from. Toward the end the Cowboys were pushing for you pretty hard. Why did you choose the Redskins?

For the rest of the article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/bill_syken/01/11/scorecard.daily/index.html

In all seriousness if/when Gibbs was to leave who would you rather have coach our team? I can't think of anyone besides Cowher. He would bring us back to the glory days :laugh:.

This is my first thread , I hope it doesn't suck :silly:

going to washington is a career deathwish. with his resume he can have any job he wants, why would he come to washington? not all men are lured by money. I think Cowher will get the carolina job if Fox doesn't get it done this year. no wayin hell does cowher ever come to washington. but I wouldn't be suprised to see coughlin in washington.

I think Cowher could be a good fit with the Skins. He is a proven coach and would definately be able to fill Gibbs shoes since it seems like he is entering his final season, unless something big happens (Super Bowl ring), which I feel if we won he would still retire on top of the game. Let's sit back and see what happens. SKINS IN 07'

Guest Rafterman
you keep saying "part time" i dont know where you get this but you sound like a fool. no one puts in more time than Gibbs. get lost.

Is that so?

Are you a fool, or are you simply in denial?

The reason Al Saunders was hired is because Coach Gibbs didn't want to spend the time being OC.

How many NFL HC's run a personal full time operation outside of football? (NASCAR) Especially when they are at a age when most of their peers work as greeters at Wal Mart, if they work at all.

Please comprise a list.

Daniel Synder will go with a HC who will make the biggest impression around the league, that will be Cowher or Belichek, whoever doesn't sign with the Cowboys.

BTW, I have no intention to "get lost" so you should learn to use your ignore feature.

Archived