Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broncos want Bly to play corner opposite Bailey-Team plans on giving Bly time

Lavarleap56

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2789996

DENVER -- The Broncos have heard cornerback Dre' Bly is bitter about being traded to Denver, and that he'd prefer to play for Washington.

The team, though, wants to give him some time to warm up to the deal. It's only been a few days since the 29-year-old Bly was acquired from Detroit -- along with a sixth-round pick -- for running back Tatum Bell, offensive lineman George Foster and a fifth-round pick.

So what Denver wants Betts. It seems like the Skins aren't willing to part with him. Anyway the biggest part of the proposed trade is not the players but all of the picks. Also, I can't imagine that Denver wants Betts as much as they used to after just paying big money to Travis Henry.

I would be pissed off to if I had to play for denver instead of the REdskins

Don't get me wrong, I love the Redskins, but with the current state our FO and the organizaion is in, I'd probably prefer to play in Denver over Washington as a player.

Now if I was a given a chance to play for any NFL team, I'd pick the Skins in a heartbeat!

:broncosuc

Denver's Press is notorious for working hand in hand with Shanahan and the Bronco's FO - sounds like a response to the WP article.

This along with Shefter saying that the Broncos want Betts for Bly both sound like an attempt to make Wash nervous.

I read that article earlier this afternoon. it came out long before the WP article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2789996

DENVER -- The Broncos have heard cornerback Dre' Bly is bitter about being traded to Denver, and that he'd prefer to play for Washington.

The team, though, wants to give him some time to warm up to the deal. It's only been a few days since the 29-year-old Bly was acquired from Detroit -- along with a sixth-round pick -- for running back Tatum Bell, offensive lineman George Foster and a fifth-round pick.

This makes me think it is more likely that we trade Springs in this deal. Denver wants to come out of this with a corner opposite Bailey and a stud rookie DE.

I'm still not sold on this, I'd actually prefer to keep Springs and our #6.

I think t would be crazy not to take this trade.I mean if we can switch 1st round picks and then get Bly.Then on top of that get there 2nd or 3rd maybe both.Then we could turn around and trade Springs to another team like Detroit for a 3rd or 2nd round pick.I mean Detroit has been getting a lot of picks the last few weeks.We could come out of this with 2 or 3 more picks then what we have.Then we could get a CB doesn't get hurt as much.

This makes me think it is more likely that we trade Springs in this deal. Denver wants to come out of this with a corner opposite Bailey and a stud rookie DE.

Yeah, thank god we don't need a stud rookie DE or anything.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

The thought of giving up potential high impact D linemen like Anderson, Okoye, or Branch for a couple of likely space fillers just kills me. Oh and don't forget we get an undersized corner who isn't interested in playing run support, misses open field tackles, and obviously just wants a pay day. Sweet deal!

^ What he said. Springs is a solid #1 corner. With out him and with Bly, we would have NO #1 corner. Bly is a #2 at best!

We would be trading Springs to put ourselves back into the exact same finantial situation as we were in (in a year or 2) only we wouldn't have the same quality of talent. Plus they both are injury prone. At least with Springs we get a Redskin locker room leader, #1 CB, and if he gets hurt we still got Smoot to hold the fort!

I'd need Champ Baily and 3/4 of all Denvers picks before I took Bly over Smoot or traded Betts.

Archived