Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Broncos want Bly to play corner opposite Bailey-Team plans on giving Bly time

Lavarleap56

I like Bly, but I'm wary. CB's are hot right now in the NFL. Let's just hope the 'Skins don't fumble and give up too much if they're seriously considering Bly's services. Standing pat with a maturing Rogers, a reunited Smoot, a healthy Springs, and a nasty Taylor wouldn't be the worst thing for our secondary.

This is a ploy, saying to the Skins we want to keep him, when they know that the Redskins will get impatient and give up more for less. Denver will rape us if we do the Bly deal, you watch!

It may be a ploy, but the 'Skins have been supposedly discussing trades with Denver for over a month, and have kept saying no. I don't sense the usual aggressive stance this time. I would guess it will be the boatload of picks as proposed in the WP or nothing.

The man wants to come to Washington badly, probably for a pay-day but, I'll give him the benfit of the doubt and say BRING HIM TO WASHINGTON! The guy WANTS to be here, so I figure he'd try harder and play better because he's in a situation he likes.

He wants to play for Washington because he had already worked out a contract extension with the Redskins, giving him a big payday. Denver is not going to renogotiate his contract at this time and Bly is gripping over it.

Im sure everyone on this board is PRAYING that man is still unhappy

While I might be not as enthusiastic about getting Bly to the point of praying, I'd certainly want him here, mostly because I really respect the fact that he wants to come to Washington. Perhaps its because he expects a large contract, or perhaps its because he genuinely wants to live close to home, since he's form Virginia, but I still really like that in a guy.

If we can turn our #6 and Springs into:

Late #1, #2, #3, #3 and Bly - pull the trigger!

One of the 3rd rounders could come from any team willing to trade for Springs, the rest come from Denver.

I know that alot of folks would then want to trade up in the 1st, but I would only be willing to dangle one of the 3rd rounders as trade bait. We should keep the #2 if we get it...

I'm not sold on letting Springs go. It seems like he's had some differences with the coaching staff, lately, but I really like him and I think he belongs here in Washington. Now if we could get Bly without getting rid of Springs--well, the more the merrier, I say. Anything's better than our situation last season.

Yeah, thank god we don't need a stud rookie DE or anything.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

The thought of giving up potential high impact D linemen like Anderson, Okoye, or Branch for a couple of likely space fillers just kills me. Oh and don't forget we get an undersized corner who isn't interested in playing run support, misses open field tackles, and obviously just wants a pay day. Sweet deal!

I don't think for a minute we'd be giving up a potential high impact lineman. They Redskins if they do this could look to trade up to anywhere between 12 and 14. They are supposedly targeting Okoye. If you can give me 2 teams that want Okoye before the 14th pick that'd be great, but I think he'll still be there unless somebody wants to trade up in front of us. The Redskins want picks, this would give them picks. If Springs doesn't want to be here, this gives them enough leway to trade Springs.

I don't know what they're going to do and I'm still holding out hope that Springs will be here, but hey, if they can get picks like they want I'm not going to try and stop it. Everyone complains that they have no draft picks, this gives them draft picks. They also will be in the running for guys like Okoye, Adam Carriker(if they want him), Patrick Willis from Ole Miss and others.

If we can turn our #6 and Springs into:

Late #1, #2, #3, #3 and Bly - pull the trigger!

One of the 3rd rounders could come from any team willing to trade for Springs, the rest come from Denver.

I know that alot of folks would then want to trade up in the 1st, but I would only be willing to dangle one of the 3rd rounders as trade bait. We should keep the #2 if we get it...

Our first round pick is worth more than Denver's first, second, and two third round pics combined. Our first rounder equals 1600 points, denvers four picks together equal 1550 points. Now if Denver wanted to cough up Bly, their 1st, 2nd, and two 3rds for our 1st and 5th. I'd think about it. That way if we could move Springs to safety or possibly trade him for an additional pick (Maybe 3rd rounder). That would give us a lot of flexibility, it would give us enough picks to trade back up to a higher spot in the first round, while still having multiple first day picks.

I'm still not sold on this, I'd actually prefer to keep Springs and our #6.

I am with you. What can Bly do that Smoot or Springs cant? I know Springs is injury prone but when healthy he is really good. So get Springs healthy in the offseason and there is no need for Bly.

Archived