Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams keeps his own poster?

moondog

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=D61E5850-C42F-6744-2B1862FB3115E929

Phillip Christian, a die-hard Cowboys fan from Sanger, Calif., spent the last three days trying to get his poster-size portrait of Roy Williams signed before or after a training camp practice.

While Williams had missed Christian's efforts, the safety finally spotted the poster just before Thursday's practice. But instead of signing it, Williams asked if he could keep the poster. Christian hesitantly obliged in exchange for Williams' practice gloves after practice.

Sure enough, Williams handed the gloves to Christian, and then signed them to complete the trade.

The offseason is almost over and this is more unimportant news, I just thought it was really different to see a player ask a fan to take a poster of himself instead of signing it for him, even if he did give him his gloves.

Anybody else find this wierd?

My opinion is that the fan can always recreate the poster, but game or practice gear that is signed is MUCH harder to come by. I think there is an added value considering the gear was given to the fan directly by said player. :2cents:

If I were the fan I would get another poster and go back to the next open practice and try to either get that poster signed or make another deal.

My opinion is that the fan can always recreate the poster, but game or practice gear that is signed is MUCH harder to come by. I think there is an added value considering the gear was given to the fan directly by said player. :2cents:

If I were the fan I would get another poster and go back to the next open practice and try to either get that poster signed or make another deal.

I agree. I would give the poster to somebody else so he wouldn't know it was me.

Ok... I guess I was confused. I thought it was just a poster the dude wanted signed, so I did think it was weird. But if it is something the guy drew as it seems to imply, then its not weird.

Yeah if it was a regular poster it may have been wierd LOL, but this was a piece of art drawn by someone at cowboyszone.com that he traded the gloves for.

youd be honored if he blew his nose with it :laugh:

spin spin spin away :dance:

bubba, please be gentle with HHM...he's starting to think that people around here don't like his homeristic comments....

I pulled up to Mr. T once in Chicago on the freeway. Had his windows rolled down, jamming to some music, and get this, had a Mr. T air freshener haning from his rear veiw mirror.

I'll never forget it.

LOL, that is priceless. Don't you wish you had a camera?

This is nothing to criticize Roy for. It's actually pretty funny. It was probably a rare item Roy and never seen before and wanted to keep it. Not to mention the fan got practice used gloves from his favorite player, signed.

I'd have probably done something similar if I was Roy. Honestly...it probably made the fan feel more connected than the team than he ever had before, having a personal experience like that. Good stuff.

Yeah the poster was one that fan had drawn, Roy traded him for the gloves. Then Roy asked if he had anymore and if he brought duplicates he would sign one set and keep the other. Sounds like the kid has some pretty good artistic talent. I know it was a great expereince for him. Roy is a class act.

Archived