Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP - Taylor's Trial Rescheduled

frankbones

Searched, didn't see it posted. Forgive me if it was.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/05/AR2006040501397.html

The trial of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor on felony assault charges has been rescheduled for April 17 in Miami.

The trial, which had been set to begin Monday, was moved back because of Passover, as well as a court holiday April 14, according to prosecutor Mike Grieco.

Click link for whole article

Did they not know about Passover and the April 14th court holiday before now??...

Interesting, the drama just continues. I agree that Mr. Grieco should have noticed the holiday and Passover, but then again, he didn't notice the charges against his witnesses. It is too bad we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

I'm 50/50 on whether this thing is ever going to see a courtroom. I think the prosecution is going to look foolish either way. The evidence just seems so circumstantial, and the fact the Taylor turned down a plea that would save him from going to jail makes their case appear even weaker.

... the fact the Taylor turned down a plea that would save him from going to jail makes their case appear even weaker.

He did? I knew he turned down a plea but I didn't know they disclosed the details of it. Interesting.

I just wish they would hurry up and get it over with. :mad:

He did? I knew he turned down a plea but I didn't know they disclosed the details of it. Interesting.

I just wish they would hurry up and get it over with. :mad:

He turned down a plea offer that would've had him pleading guilty to a felony (not sure exactly what charge) but wouldn't have included jail time.

Umm...am I missing something? Passover is not a recognized state or federal holiday as far as I'm aware. I realize it's an important date in the Jewish calendar, but why would that make a difference in a legal proceeding? If it did matter, why wouldn't this just be a general black-out date for any trials or hearings?

This seems like an odd and arbitrary reason for a continuance...

Umm...am I missing something? Passover is not a recognized state or federal holiday as far as I'm aware. I realize it's an important date in the Jewish calendar, but why would that make a difference in a legal proceeding? If it did matter, why wouldn't this just be a general black-out date for any trials or hearings?

This seems like an odd and arbitrary reason for a continuance...

Ummm...

Califan and others whose sonar went "ping" are properly alert...it's more behind the scenes discussion...now how can both sides get what they want'?

ST to have no felony record and Florida to not look completely stupid...I know!...misdemeanor charges and some harsh wording in the probation terms to save face (which was on the table earlier I believe, but must look a little better to the prosecution the last 48 hours)...so amp up the length, terms, and scolding language of the probation and lets make a deal boyz!

Califan and others whose sonar went "ping" are properly alert...it's more behind the scenes discussion...now how can both sides get what they want'?

ST to have no felony record and Florida to not look completely stupid...I know!...misdemeanor charges and some harsh wording in the probation terms to save face (which was on the table earlier I believe, but must look a little better to the prosecution the last 48 hours)...so amp up the length, terms, and scolding language of the probation and lets make a deal boyz!

I called it in the Plea thread. Plea to a misdemeanor with 400 or so hours of community service. Maybe simple battery, or some such.

Umm...am I missing something? Passover is not a recognized state or federal holiday as far as I'm aware. I realize it's an important date in the Jewish calendar, but why would that make a difference in a legal proceeding? If

Other than NYC I believe Miami has the highest jewish population; although, I believe this is the reason they gave the press. I think they are trying to work out a deal and save face for the Prosecutor.

Archived