Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nehemiah Broughton and Manuel White Jr.

Nemosapien

i don't know about any of you, but i want to see what Nehemiah "Nemo-sapien" Broughton can do next season either as a short down back/goal line carrier or if they decide to use him as a FB along with Sellers. i recall watching the draft and i was saying all the second day that i want the Redskins to draft him and they did. i only saw him on the field once this regular season and it was during special teams this year, but i know that this guy has a lot of talent being that he is 5'11" 250lbs and can run a sub 4.5. Sellers was outstanding this season, but i still want to see Broughton, because he'll bring a whole other dimension to the Redskins short yardage running. yea, he did fumble in the preseason game against the Bengals, but outside of that he showed some talent in running and catching out the backfield.

Manuel White Jr. showed some good skills too as an H-Back before he went down and i'm just hoping that this season, the Redskins with Saunders as Offensive Coordinator will incorporate even more of their talented RB/FB core into the Offense, because its big plays from the unknowns that truly help a team make it to the Super Bowl.

This is definitely the home of the run-first offense and I hope Nemo gets his fare share next season as he looks very promising and he, like Rock, is genuinely a good guy. Another poster brought it to my attention that w/ the recent resigning of Rock, maybe there could be a trade involving Betts. While I would hate to see Ladell go, I believe he has the talent and ability to be a starter in this league, and I would love to see him get that chance. this would also give Rock and Nemo the field time they both deserve as well. Manuel White could get his chance too as a second FB option, or if we were to slide Sellers over into a TE role in certain situation. On an off-note, anyone interested to see how Saunders will incorporate Cooley next year?

We now have five true RBs on the roster behind Portis. Something tells me there is a reason why we've stockpiled running backs. This is not counting Manuel White Jr., who is listed as an H-back but ran the ball the majority of the time out at UCLA.

Betts -

Broughton-

K. Carter (stanford)-

Jonathan Combs -

J. Lumsden-

I would not be suprised in the latest if Ramsey and Betts were packaged for either a player or a draft pick. THat's a QB with starting experience and a running back most in the league think should be a starter somewhere.

The gamble is... is Broughton, Carter, or Lumsden capable of being a capable backup and viable breather for Portis. I don't consider Combs an alternative... I think he's camp fodder. Talented... but to small.

i don't know about any of you, but i want to see what Nehemiah "Nemo-sapien" Broughton can do next season either as a short down back/goal line carrier or if they decide to use him as a FB along with Sellers. i recall watching the draft and i was saying all the second day that i want the Redskins to draft him and they did. i only saw him on the field once this regular season and it was during special teams this year, but i know that this guy has a lot of talent being that he is 5'11" 250lbs and can run a sub 4.5. Sellers was outstanding this season, but i still want to see Broughton, because he'll bring a whole other dimension to the Redskins short yardage running. yea, he did fumble in the preseason game against the Bengals, but outside of that he showed some talent in running and catching out the backfield.

Manuel White Jr. showed some good skills too as an H-Back before he went down and i'm just hoping that this season, the Redskins with Saunders as Offensive Coordinator will incorporate even more of their talented RB/FB core into the Offense, because its big plays from the unknowns that truly help a team make it to the Super Bowl.

that is absolutely a key thing for this season.. if those guys are contributors this year, then last year's draft may turn out to be better than okay. obviously rogers and campbell are the keys, but this team needs to get some production out of the mid-latter portions of the draft.

nemo should be the same type of back that the giants had in brandon jacobs--an earth mover

meanwhile, white is changing position from a runner to a blocker/receiver. tough enough to go from college to the pros as it is, but changing to a new position is daunting. this is a key season for him

that is why i think we will end up trading betts. his slot can be mannned by rock at a cheaper, more efficient price, plus nemo should be able to provide

the power inside the 10 yard line running that portis is not well suited for

We now have five true RBs on the roster behind Portis. Something tells me there is a reason why we've stockpiled running backs. This is not counting Manuel White Jr., who is listed as an H-back but ran the ball the majority of the time out at UCLA.

Betts -

Broughton-

K. Carter (stanford)-

Jonathan Combs -

J. Lumsden-

I would not be suprised in the latest if Ramsey and Betts were packaged for either a player or a draft pick. THat's a QB with starting experience and a running back most in the league think should be a starter somewhere.

The gamble is... is Broughton, Carter, or Lumsden capable of being a capable backup and viable breather for Portis. I don't consider Combs an alternative... I think he's camp fodder. Talented... but to small.

i think that combs got hurt in nfl europe already.

lumsden is supposed to be a beast and have great speed. and carter is a bruiser. they may turn out to be camp fodder

Betts -

Broughton-

K. Carter (stanford)-

Jonathan Combs -

J. Lumsden-

We still need to find 2 RBs if Betts stays, 3 if he goes.

We still need to find 2 RBs if Betts stays, 3 if he goes.

What am I missing here. If Betts is traded... we have Cartwright, Nemo, and one of either Carter or Lumsden. Plus... White spent his time at UCLA at the fullback position but was asked to play like a halfback. Why on earth would we need any more running backs IF Betts is traded?

What am I missing here. If Betts is traded... we have Cartwright, Nemo, and one of either Carter or Lumsden. Plus... White spent his time at UCLA at the fullback position but was asked to play like a halfback. Why on earth would we need any more running backs IF Betts is traded?

You'll need around 7-8 RB for OTAs and TC and, at this point, that's the main concern, not who'll be on the final 53. You don't want your top two or three guys having to take all the reps, especially against your #1 defense but you want the best you can getand you also have to get insurance against injury. You don't want your #2 FB/#3 HB spending time having to work out at RB during OTAs and TC (though you may give him a few reps)

Archived