Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Were Your Thoughts When We Traded For Santana Moss?

GOSKINS_08

Obviously now I'm grateful but at the time I wasn't so sure and honestly I almost doubted Gibbs. But I also didn't like the Bailey/Portis trade at first so shows how much I know about management.

When we first traded for Santana I just didn't understand why we would take such a significant cap hit (9 mill I believe?) to trade an accomplished WR for a raw deep threat. However as we've all seen Santana Moss has more to him than just his speed and he's a great character guy. I guess I'm just gonna have to believe Joe from now on huh?

I had followed the whole story about Coles in the papers and online, and when I heard we had gotten rid of him for Moss I was initially confused as to how it was equal (stupid me) but within a few minutes had reasoned out that Gibbs probably knows what he's doing and that Moss is amazingly fast. Overall I was happy with the trade and was excited to see what he could do this year, didnt expect this much it was a nice bonus. I will admit however I did jump on the "we need a taller WR to balance the WR position" bandwagon, and am still semi on it, in the sense that I want anyone who isnt Taylor Jacobs, James Thrash, or David Patten, who is over 6 feet :)

I was optimistic about it. However, I had no idea that Moss was gonna' burn up the field the way he did this past season. Plus Moss is an awesome guy and I think he loves being a Redskin.

Man, I really think we have an awesome team right now. You hear all of Gibbs' talk about character and stuff, but I think this Redskins team is just that...a team. These guys really seem to enjoy each other and they seem to have great chemistry. Props to Gibbs for putting together a team with talent and character.

Yeah glad to get a reciever in trade...

but I admit..I didn't think, or wasn't sure he could be a number one guy and I questioned his durability.

and man...The impact he's had is hard to measure...the guy is just flat out awesome! RAC, speed, deep threat, toughness, adjustment to the ball in the air...intensity and love of the game and seemingly being a skin. Just glad to have the guy on our team.

I was indifferent. I was glad we got rid of Coles who obviously didnt want to be here, but I wasnt sure Santana was a #1 WR or that it was worth the 9 million dollar cap hit. I was, however, optimistic about Santana's abilities, and he didnt dissapoint! Hes definately one of my favorite Skins in recent memory.

Living in Florida I had the chance to see alot of Santana @ Miami. I was actually pissed when Marty didn't draft him. Then he had some Hamstring problems in NY, and didn't really get a chance to play until we signed Coles away from the Jets. That year I picked Moss for my Fantasy team and he was a monster. I was a big Coles fan, but when I heard that he wanted out and that he said he didn't trust Gibbs I was glad to see him go. I for one thought at the time it was a good trade for us (with the exception of the huge cap hit). I felt like we are getting rid of someone that didn't buy into what Gibbs was trying to accomplish and getting someone begging for a chance to catch 90 passes.

I'll be honest with you guys:

I was glad we got rid of Coles before he could become a cancer to the team. He and Gibbs just weren't seeing eye to eye. But for Santana Moss?

I really didn't know what we were thinking because Coles went to the Pro-Bowl 2 years before and Moss was just a glorified return man at that point.

I'm really glad we did it though. Moss fit in perfectly and Coles didn't do much with out a QB in NY

I was so happy! I remember when those rumors came up I was waiting anxiously to hear that we finally pulled the trigger on this trade. Then, the talks died out.. I was upset and thought we were making a mistake by not doing it.

When the rumor came back to life, I knew any day now we would have Moss. I was installing carpet on a customers steps and they had the news on--I was in mid-kick when they said, "the Washington Redskins will send disgruntled WR Laverneous Coles to the NY Jets for WR Santana Moss!" I just about screamed! It wasn't just from the good news though that made me scream, it was because I nailed my knee on the bullnose of the step!:laugh:

I knew Moss would be successful here in Washington-- But for me to say I knew he would have the season he had I would be lying out of my ***!!

When we got Santana Moss i thought it was one of the best moves the Skins had made in a while. Mainly because i liked Santana Moss at the Univ of Miami. I thought Gibbs could lite a fire under him and get him to play like in his college days.

Even if i didnt agree with any move the Redskins made , with Gibbs callin the shots i would of liked it. I mean its Joe GIbbs, a beasty HOF coach.:cheers:

oh now everyone thought it was a brilliant move at the beginning :/

Hey, I have no proof to back up my claims because I did not post here or even read these boards until months after I registered but, I am completely truthful when I say I knew Moss would have success in DC. And that I was ecstatic when I heard that the 'Skins may trade for Moss.

lol, i only posted once in that thread, and all i said was "please don't give moss big mony.........no more than patten money."

now i think that patten should have to give his money to moss. :laugh:

You should see a couple of the threads I didn't post. Not favorable towards Moss would be an understatement. ;)

Archived