November 13 @ Buccaneers 1:00pm ET FOX W

November 20 vs. Raiders 1:00pm ET CBS W

November 27 vs. Chargers 1:00pm ET CBS W

December 4 @ Rams 4:05pm ET FOX W

December 11 @ Cardinals 4:05pm ET FOX W

December 18 vs. Cowboys 1:00pm ET FOX L

December 24 vs. Giants 1:00pm ET FOX W

January 1 @ Eagles 4:15pm ET FOX L

As long as our offense improves to atleast the mid teens, I look at our schedule next year and I see 14 wins. Our team's defense can not only hold, but our offense should be able to expose the following teams... Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Chiefs, 49ers, Giants, Tampa Bay, Oakland, and St. Louis. We'll split with Dallas and Philly, 1-1, and that's my prediction. The Chargers game could go either way, atleast it's at home.

Well, there's not a reason why we "can't" since any team can look at a schedule before a season begins and come up with scenarios in which they can win each game.

However, it's not likely to think that our results would differ so drastically from previous years.

Believe me, if probability comes into play, we just might do it since we're due for a great year...

I think we have a legitimate chance to have a winning record. Beyond that, it comes down to the breaks going your way.

a number of reasons:

1. Our owner is an idiot

2. We still have bad receivers

3. We have a QB controversey

4. We still have no pass rusher

5. Our o-line sucks, even though we upgraded at 2 positions

6. Joe Gibbs is old

7. Art Monk isn't in the HoF

8. We did not spend enough this offseason

9. We drafted Jason Campbell

10. We let Smoot and Pierce go

11. Pastabelly, Peter King, Dr. Z and the Washington Post hate us

12. I heard Joe Gibbs is old

13. Sean Taylor may be holding out

14. Apparently Joe Gibbs is still old

15. Mark Brunell is on our roster

Now, maybe 15 is true, but I love our media...:doh:

If the luck is reversed from last year I don't see any reason why 14-2 isn't possible. There were 5-6 losses that easily could have/should have been wins, no game was out of reach before the 4th Qtr started and the 2nd half is where the old Gibbs teams won their games. If that changes for the better this year then sure 14-2 is possible but not likely unless a lot goes our way.

I'd say the best possible scenario, taking the refs and stupid penalties/turnovers that will likely still happen occasionally into consideration is 12-4. Anything better than that would be a huge surprise. My prediction is still somewhere between 9-7 and 11-5 though.

Originally posted by Mr. S

a number of reasons:

1. Our owner is an idiot

2. We still have bad receivers

3. We have a QB controversey

4. We still have no pass rusher

5. Our o-line sucks, even though we upgraded at 2 positions

6. Joe Gibbs is old

7. Art Monk isn't in the HoF

8. We did not spend enough this offseason

9. We drafted Jason Campbell

10. We let Smoot and Pierce go

11. Pastabelly, Peter King, Dr. Z and the Washington Post hate us

12. I heard Joe Gibbs is old

13. Sean Taylor may be holding out

14. Apparently Joe Gibbs is still old

15. Mark Brunell is on our roster

Now, maybe 15 is true, but I love our media...:doh:

Did you copy that from Sally Jenkins website or Lenny P's

Originally posted by SoCalBronco

i think you guys will go somewhere from 6-10 to 8-8.

I disagree, and here's why. I know you guys over at Orangemane think this is faulty reasoning, but I'll give it to you anyway.

Last year the team was a touchdown a game away from being 12-2 by week 15 or 14-2 by week 17 or something like that; I can go back and look at if you want. Now while many people argue that the WR corps hasn't improved, the offensive line certainly has. And Gibbs is going to employ more of the "all-mighty" zone-blocking schemes that Portis ran behind in Denver. This, along with the improved OLine, should equate to more scores. Plus, Ramsey looked good in the last several games; 7TD's to 4ints with a 69% passing accuracy in the last 5 (EDIT: 94.2 QB rating). That's not spectacular, but its good enough if the D can hold opponents. I think going in as the starter, Ramsey will have more confidence and improve on those numbers. And he doesn't have to be spectacular with G. Williams running the defense. Plus, I'm one of those who thinks the WR corps is just fine.

So, with that being said, while I think 14-2 is not out of the question, I see the team going 10-6. But its all a guessing game at this point!

I hope for 19-0, but I'll settle for a winning season with a dallas victory.....

anything better than 8-8 would be overachieving with our roster.....then again every year there is a breakout team with nobody's.........who knows.....this could be ours....

Remember that year we started 8-1.......

Originally posted by SkinsFTW

I doubt it but 7-0 isn't out of the question but I expect a loss to either Denver and or the Cowboys early on.

But who really knows?

Dallas and Washington will split with eachother this year, IMO.

But then again, Ive thought that just about every season and look what happened.

So I guess I'll think it again. :D

Archived