Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EA NCAA Football 2006 has new coverboy

Dead Money

:wtf:

Desmond Howard pimps NCAA Football 06

EA has a new cover model. The company has selected Heisman Memorial Trophy winner Desmond Howard to appear on the cover of NCAA Football 06, the latest volumn of the NCAA Football franchise. The new video game includes an all-new Race for the Heisman mode where users can start as a prep star and work their way to a top collegiate player.

"Desmond Howard provided one of the most vivid Heisman moments in college football history and what better way to capture the essence of NCAA Football 06 than by putting his memorable Heisman touchdown pose on the cover of our game," said Todd Sitrin, Vice President, Marketing at EA's Tiburon studio.

Howard won the Heisman Trophy in 1991 as a former receiver at the University of Michigan. In 1992, he was a first round draft pick by the Washington Redskins. He later went on to be named MVP of Super Bowl XXXI with the Green Bay Packers.

"I'm very excited about being chosen to be on the cover of NCAA Football 06," said Desmond Howard. "Winning the Heisman Trophy was one of the greatest moments of my football career and it's cool that EA Sports is now giving gamers the chance to experience that for themselves in NCAA Football 06."

NCAA Football 06 will be available in July on the PS2 and Xbox

Link

Originally posted by project myu

He was a Super Bowl MVP?

Yah, he returned to kickoffs for TD's against the Patriots, giving Fah-vra his first superbowl.

Wow..

What is this "famous pose" of his?

I think when he won the Heismann in 91, he imitated the pose of the trophy or something like that...I don't know for sure though.

The "pose" is when he returned either a punt or kick for a TD, or made a long recieving TD, Im not sure which, but anyway when he got into the endzone he essentially knew he clinched the Heisman with that play, so he decided to give the Heisman pose in the endzone.

He was a Super Bowl MVP?

Wow..

After scoring on a kickoff or punt return he stoped in the endzone and did the heisman pose just like the statue.

He was a Super Bowl MVP?

Wow..

this stiff arm lookin thing. he stiffs the air with his left arm, the bend his left leg back, then brings it up.

EDIT:

roughly like this-

howard.jpg

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

this stiff arm lookin thing. he stiffs the air with his left arm, the bend his left leg back, then brings it up.

EDIT:

roughly like this-

howard.jpg

Wow, that's awful hahaha

EDIT:

roughly like this-

howard.jpg

You probably could have just googled "Heisman".

But anyway, it's awesome to see a Wolverine on the cover! I was hoping it would be Braylon Edwards this year, but hey, it works.

Originally posted by Kevin B.

Google? Nah - that artwork was worth the wait!

Hahaha, yeah, that ms paint picture is classic. Gave me a nice chuckle. :laugh: A for effort. C for accuracy. :D

It should be his new avatar.

EDIT:

roughly like this-

howard.jpg

Great job man....

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Since we are on the EA Sports subject....

I'm not sure if someone has posted these before, but these are Madden '06 screenshots of Rogers and Campbell....

Carlos Rogers:

crogers_redskins_large.jpg

Jason Campbell:

jcampbell_redskins_large.jpg

I actually think that the Campbell shot looks really weird. It looks like he outstretched his arm or something....

Archived