Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which QB will have more Starts this Year?

Coach Gibbs is not a fickle guy who is going to keep someone around just for the heck of it. Actually I think he does see something in Ramsey, and maybe, just maybe he sees Campbell as a good # 2 if Ramsey goes down. But I do not believe Ramsey is going down. He got killed with our rotten, rotten OL protecting him under Spurrier. Last year the OL play was paltry at best. hE had no time to throw. Remember the years of the "Hogs?" Well in those years you could put a mediocre QB back there and they would look great. Have you ever seen Ferotte, or Rypien excel anywhere else? NO. Let's hope for Ferotte in Miami. LOL!

Ramsey is a good player, and a solid QB. All I think about is New England. Consistent. Hard working, and working in sync. That to me is the bottom line. Give Ramsey protection...in short do your job OL, get open receivers ( in other words put some distance between you and your defender ) and we will have 0 problems with Patrick Ramsey.

So write this down: He is going to have a better year than Brees. And they will progress further in the playoffs because our D is stellar! No great loss with Smoot. I guess the statistics on him getting burnt often and missing tackles is lost on some here. Yea, he was good...but Rodgers is going to be awesome.

Now would be a good time to clarify the spelling of a few names.

Brunell- One "n" Two "l's"

Campbell- Yes, amazingly Campbell does have a "p" in it. Check your chunky soup label if you don't believe me.

Rogers- There is no "d" in his name. That would refer to Aaron Rodgers, qb of the Packers.

That is all.

Edit: I lied. You also managed to misspell Hasselbeck's name as well. 1 out of 4 ain't bad, though.

Originally posted by BruinSkin

Now would be a good time to clarify the spelling of a few names.

Brunell- One "n" Two "l's"

Campbell- Yes, amazingly Campbell does have a "p" in it. Check your chunky soup label if you don't believe me.

Rogers- There is no "d" in his name. That would refer to Aaron Rodgers, qb of the Packers.

That is all.

Thank you for that riveting contribuion to this thread :rolleyes:

Originally posted by rdsknbill

Thank you for that riveting contribuion to this thread :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but true fans can't honestly misspell player names. I mean the names are prominently displayed on the backs of the jerseys. I expect more out of you guys. Maybe I'm just a pet peeved spelling bee champ, but I hate it.

Originally posted by vinva

Do you all really expect Hassleback to be around?

That's a good question. I've thought about it also. Are we really going to go into the season with four QBs on the roster? I can't see it. I wish Hassleback would get a break. I like him and I'd like to see if he can start or be a good backup somewhere. I'm just trying to be in his shoes. If I were him I'd want to play. I wish him well if he's not a Redskin this season.

Originally posted by BruinSkin

I'm sorry but true fans can't honestly misspell player names. I mean the names are prominently displayed on the backs of the jerseys. I expect more out of you guys. Maybe I'm just a pet peeved spelling bee champ, but I hate it.

Fair enough, ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by [[ghost]]

i think we trade ramsey, campbell, our first in 07, second this year, for vinny testeverde, and then he starts for the next 8 years.

Couldn't resist could you.

Last night on George Michaels show, Wilbon predicted that Campbell will be starting before the season is over. "Have you seen this kid throw the ball?....He has an incredible arm." I hope that's not the case, because it would mean that Ramsey is stinking it up. I see Brees-Rivers.

I agree in terms of what would have to occur for Campbell to start - so no one can really want that to happen, as it means (unless Ramsey goes down with a major injury) that we've had a disastrous season.

On the other hand, if it helps us win, I could care less WHO our QB ultimately is.

Particularly when armed with the knowledge that 95% of NFL players, no matter how beloved by their home team fans, will jump ship at the sniff of a better contract.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Ummmm, how do you trade for a free agent? Even if it is Testaverde!! :doh:

We did it with Brunell. :doh:

If he really wanted to be a Redskin all along like he said, then we could have just waited until the June 1st cuts and got him for free.

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

Last night on George Michaels show, Wilbon predicted that Campbell will be starting before the season is over. "Have you seen this kid throw the ball?....He has an incredible arm." I hope that's not the case, because it would mean that Ramsey is stinking it up. I see Brees-Rivers.

It wasn't Wilbon, it was that guy from USA Today.

Originally posted by Sebowski

We did it with Brunell. :doh:

If he really wanted to be a Redskin all along like he said, then we could have just waited until the June 1st cuts and got him for free.

Ahhhhh...no. You don't trade for free-agents. UFA's can't be traded, they don't have a team to trade with. RFA's can be signed to an offer sheet, which the team they are currently on has a chance to match. Brunell was not a free-agent when we picked him up; I believe he had a couple years left on his contract with the Jaguars.

Archived