Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which QB will have more Starts this Year?

With the Redskins picking up Cambell in the first round this year...you got to wonder what will happen as the season unfolds.

I believe that Ramsey will not be able to handle all the pressure, and have a Drew Brees like season. Thus allowing Gibbs to bring back Brunnell as his starter. I hate to be a pessimist, but this is my gut feeling.:puke:

Undoubtedly Ramsey starts, when and if he gets hurt, I think Gibbs will insert Brunell, Hasselbeck is too inexperienced and Gibbs offense is far to complicated to insert a rookie, my question is what happens if Brunell goes in for a series or two and goes three and out, who would we put in then?

Originally posted by vinva

Do you all really expect Hassleback to be around?

Well before they re-signed him a week and a half ago, I would have said no way Hasslebecks gonna be around but hell, the chose to keep and signed him to a new contract...not something you do with a QB you're trying to get rid of

Originally posted by alaadin123

Well before they re-signed him a week and a half ago, I would have said no way Hasslebecks gonna be around but hell, the chose to keep and signed him to a new contract...not something you do with a QB you're trying to get rid of

We resigned all our RFAs right?

Doesn't really mean a thing especially since it's only a one year close to minimum type of deal. There's a high possibility he could be cut.

The only way Ramsey sees the bench is if he gets hurt. The only way the Redskins have hope is to see that Ramsey does not get injured.

I don't think Ramsey starts. Gibbs clearly doesn't like the guy very much, and he will be looking for an excuse to not play him.

Gibbs is a brilliant man, if Ramsey was an NFL caliber QB, he wouldn't have forced us to trade away a lot of picks for a first round QB.

So obviously Ramsey is nothing but a bridge to the future. A rather dark bridge.

Originally posted by redskinsrock5

I don't think Ramsey starts. Gibbs clearly doesn't like the guy very much, and he will be looking for an excuse to not play him.

Gibbs is a brilliant man, if Ramsey was an NFL caliber QB, he wouldn't have forced us to trade away a lot of picks for a first round QB.

So obviously Ramsey is nothing but a bridge to the future. A rather dark bridge.

that's my fear

Originally posted by Skins11

Isn't the quote by Riggins "Loosen up Sandy Baby", not "Lighten up"? Oops.

Remind me to bump this thread when Ramsey proves you wrong.

Boy...you were still wetting your diapers when Riggo made that comment! You better do some more research on google, and get back to me. http://www.theoptimate.net/2041/wrapper.jsp?PID=2041-15&CID=2041-072104A

By the way...I'm hoping for Ramsey to start throughout the season, but I just believe that Gibbs has an different motive. Brunnell would not still be around if Gibbs doesn't believe he will contribute on the field. He also wouldn't have squandered four picks for Campbell if he didn't believe Ramsey was the real deal.

Originally posted by Skins24

We resigned all our RFAs right?

Doesn't really mean a thing especially since it's only a one year close to minimum type of deal. There's a high possibility he could be cut.

The only way Ramsey sees the bench is if he gets hurt. The only way the Redskins have hope is to see that Ramsey does not get injured.

I see your point but I think they at least want to keep him around for this season anyway

I think every coach since Norv has had a QB Controversy. Marty with Banks/George/etc, Norv with Ferrotte/Shuler/Friez/Hostetler then Johnson/George, Spurrier with Waurfell(sp botched I know), Matthews, Johnson, Ramsey. Gibbs with Brunell/Ramsey, now it's Ramsey/Cambell. Ugh.

Originally posted by redskinsrock5

Brilliant man - I think that you might get an argument from a few folks that know football. I have know idea what he thinks of PR. However, as far as brilliant, I think we can look at what he has done over the past 1yr and say that brilliant is a stretch. Just a couple of things to consider:

1) Brunell - 47mm contract

2) Playing Brunell for 9 games when it was clear that Hasselback or PR would give the Skins a better chance to win.

3) Letter A Pierce get away (Giants)

4) Not addressing the offensive needs the Skins have via the draft. If your not convienced that PR is your QB then trade him and get the guys you need. Not drafting a #1 receiver was Gibbs way of saying he is going to do things his way regardless of if it makes sense.

5) Finally saying publicaly that he is going to give PR everything he needs to be successful and then drafting a QB in the 1st round instead of a receiver.

Please, hold off on the brilliant!

I see your point but I think they at least want to keep him around for this season anyway

Uh, no.

It's standard practice to have 4 QBs in training camp so all the scrubs can get in reps. No way in hell Hasselbeck makes the final roster. The only time a team ever kept 4 QBs into the season was when NE didn't want to let their 6th round draft choice - some guy named Tom Brady - go. Hasselbeck got no signing bonus, and until cuts are made, his salary doesn't cost against the cap because it's figured against your 52 most expensive players. Therefore, giving him a tender offer has no cap implications whatsoever. And in case you didn't know, Gibbs announced after the Campbell pick that he was meeting w/ TH and his agent to try and help him out with his future (translation:helping him get on a roster elsewhere).

For the rest of you:

Campbell will NEVER see the field this year. Gibbs would NEVER play a rookie QB (unless there's another bodybag game).

Ramsey is the starter. If he truly stinks up the joint, then Brunell gets a shot. But, consider how putrid Brunell was, and how long it took Gibbs to pull him. No way is Ramsey gonna play that badly.

And wouldn't we want Ramsey to have a Drew Brees season? :wtf: Brees went to the Pro Bowl after his team picked another QB in the first round and got franchised so he wouldn't get away.

are you joking or is your spelling really that bad

spelling is waaaay over rated, but if I was going to start a thread and take the time to make a poll, I think I would at least check to get 2 outta 4 names right

Archived